[3.0] Dkodr's Crit/Block Gladiator

"
Kallemann wrote:
Should test with the Bloodlust gem.

I can use whirling blades to inflict bleed in boss fights, and swap wpn ele dmg with bloodlust in the chest piece. it may be a good combo.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Updated stats, gear and skill tree. Optimized skill tree so that now at lvl 92 I have 74% block and will stop using Rumi's for a dedicated armor flask (or another type) Gonna get a Taste of Hate later for even
more mitigation. Things are looking good, I had 0 deaths from lvl 91-92, even if I did reflect maps, no regen, -max and other hard mods. Next goal is to get a GG 300+pdps sword, either craft it or buy one.
Also added a video of a phys.reflect/vulnerability T12 Overgrown Ruin map.
Last edited by Dkodr on Mar 14, 2016, 9:45:37 AM
You should mention, that your defences in the sheet are with Rumi's and prolly a Granite/Lioneye's, since your base block is only 55% and something like 9-10k Armor.

Edit: Or what the tooltip DPS is showing! Flasks ?
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 14, 2016, 10:02:56 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
You should mention, that your defences in the sheet are with Rumi's and prolly a Granite/Lioneye's, since your base block is only 55% and something like 9-10k Armor.

Edit: Or what the tooltip DPS is showing! Flasks ?

My base block is 63%, I have atm 10415 armour. The tooltip is with 4 power charges and 3 frenzy charges.
I do say in the 1st post that the stats are with flasks and charges, I used the flasks in the gear section.
Ok.

Im just pointing it out, since (as you can see with the questions that are coming), telling max block in the title is missleading, if you can only reach max block via flasks.

Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
Ok.

Im just pointing it out, since (as you can see with the questions that are coming), telling max block in the title is missleading, if you can only reach max block via flasks.

I don't use block flask in the current 1st post, I changed the name of the thread to not cause a debate, but it is still possible to get max block and crit with it. The 11% block from 63% to my current 74% is 3 from Tempest Shield and 8 from the Gladiator's Painforged node. If I take away 3 offensive nodes and equip The Anvil the base block will and up at 75%. I will update the 1st post with a detailed description of the elements the build consist of soon.
Last edited by Dkodr on Mar 14, 2016, 10:39:00 AM
Imo the way one goes about getting the block dont rly matter. Its just good flask managment, but w/e.
The best way imo is to free up the flask spot and also for those "omfg i didnt pre-flask" moments :)

Been looking at the tree for some days now, did make a block crit build before you posted, but imo its weaker.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR34B3C_MvTZ348GCZU2pbr6nwBp5aBm0bzvBBGqTLYNfP0z_FSAaPvZIFCBDMdZY3Q0s6QkzfuKMz-8O2sHglVuvhrPRNnk5PfxQR3Ttn4INjeIs6dXkUQUtVuj8xYd2l3l67-4Otxfjn2egKCpAoKOKVvqA4Up9i0_AvyP2sbP5Y3fX4l6baqmVTZKNfRuteK6VzJS4dKA4loVSDPcwfD3i7T97FFh12WGsr1FHSO4GIK2NG5fnVNN-z34yTiT9AF52rP_eGY7qGO2D9zIILpJ93COYb-XPBosg41_aCiaPmQSHAAA=

Yes i know im missing the 12% nodes, and some eva, its a work in progress, but looking at your tree i feel urs is better.

Also made:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdmy0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfi_MvTbBgmVNvqcZtGqTLYNM_xUgQzHWWN0NLOkJM7_V2sHglVuvhrPRNlO7LlN07Z-CDY3iLNNvBS1W6PzFh3Z67-4Otxfjn2egQKCjilb6gOFKfcC_I_axs3fX4l6plQSHTZKNfRuteK50oDiWDPePmTB8lLg94lh1rK8yTtRSUUd7FEjuBiADJzfUjb_nVNN-RNLtPwW1JP19dQBeo-fC7P_e_roZjgIRtMU6re2DYqxvhAgubIz_HJ2qNj3rY21sES-1SA-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqCwaLIONf2gomj2C-eGzYAAA=

But this aswell feel abit weaker.

The big thing i feel is that we are missing out on some sweet Frenzy charges aswell.Need to do some calc on damage / nodes spent on damage vs charges tho.
I would like to see some more eva and im trying to fit in a Daresso's Defiance with block and evation in mind. Also keep "some" armour to stay safe. That said, for the rly rly big hits, i dont think armour scales well. The shield nodes are so strong its sad we cant get a 30%block high Eva+Armour shield atm.

Trying to get it all :D
Also, do you have any thoughts on how one could make this build ranged? Reave?
Makeing it in HC btw.

(Oh and btw, swap out ur 1 life node above Thick Skin for the one at the start with eva and armour ;)
Last edited by Kallemann on Mar 15, 2016, 7:09:46 AM
Last edited by Kallemann on Mar 15, 2016, 6:57:18 AM
I think if you play HC then life is a priority. With my tree I end up on about 5,5k life with good gear.
As for frenzy charges I don't prioritize more than the base 3, they are good to have vs packs but often can't be sustained against bosses. As for now I am getting close to 100k tooltip dmg with charges, so I think there is headroom to specc into more life and block nodes on behalf of the damage nodes. Equipping The Anvil is another defensive option that may be considered. I don't prioritize eva as it get's drawbacks with the block mechanism as far as I know, since it is calculated before the block.
Thousand Teeth Temu is a viable cheap eva shield, it has life, 32% block and leech.
At first glance it seems to me that your tree is stronger on the defensive side.
Why do you see it as a drawback? And yes, it is before the Block. Abit on the defence since HC:) what do you think about the reav btw? Safer maby. You have a good point about the charges. Bosses is where dps is needed Ny other max Block CHs had problems with dps. Incinirate was ok pre nerf, also bladefall kinda.
Last edited by Kallemann on Mar 15, 2016, 8:24:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info