2.2 Eluminator's Essence Drain & Contaigon Trickster with Righteous Fire!

Is this just a softcore thing or for HC? Any adjustments for HC?
"
Inchoately wrote:
great build, loving it so far. Leveling with ED also went pretty smooth/straightforward if you use elreon jews. Never had mana or dmg problems, the switch to RF just made clearing even faster. I even used an Aurumvorax from my trash stash for the all res until far into merciless, the dmg was more than enough even with this non spell dmg weapon (with a cheap 5L chest though).

But how do you sustain Frenzy charges? I have all regen nodes from your tree, which is enough for RF alone, but my life drains way too fast when I add Blood Rage. Or am I missing something (first time using RF)?

My character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Inchoately/characters

There are two ways of generating frenzy charges. One is the trickster ascendency passives and one is bloodrage. The trickster ascendency passive is enough when you are clearing really fast, but I personally rely on bloodrage.

It is true that you slowly degen with blood rage, when you haven't killed anything recently. First of all while mapping you want to kill stuff at least every 4 seconds, so Patient Reaper negates the degen by a large margin. If you end up not killing something you will degen for 6 more seconds (10 blood rage duration - 4 patient reaper). If I don't use a life potion I go down to 70% health, when I don't use a potion. Maybe my base regen is a bit higher, because my Purity of Fire is level 20, so I barly take damage from Blood Rage (although I have less Life Regen then you on the tree). I remember a time when Blood Rage hurt me a lot, but currently it is barly noticeable. Maybe because is have more physical damage mitigation (mainly basalt flask and endurance charges. They take me to about 50% physical damage mitigation and blood rage is physical damage degen).

Sidenotes: I hope you know that Energy shield is bad on your gear, because you degen more from RF. That is the reason why you want your Rise of the Phoenix to have the worst Energy Shield role possible and don't quality it up. It's not that big of a deal, but I want to point that out for your next RF build ;)
atziri kill?
Great and fun build. My first degen and RF build and I'm loving it. Thank you for introducing the build to the public.

I do have a couple of Qs though...

1) Will the Atziri flask add any damage when used?

2) What's the best rare helmet you would recommend, please?
"
zankioh wrote:
Is this just a softcore thing or for HC? Any adjustments for HC?

This is a hc build. I will add a leveling section and a high end passive tree later. I figured that you don't need the templar starting life regen nodes and can go for the entire scion life "wheel". You can get to 6.5k hp with that small adjustment. I am level 90 and sit at 6k hp without the complete scion wheel and I still need jewels with life and have also 3 more jewels to go :D

"
Spoiling wrote:
atziri kill?

I never did Atziri before, so this would be my first try ever. I will try it with this build at some point. If you have done atziri before, you can easily do it at level 80+. Damage should not be a problem from what I've heard.

I currently swapped my gems for 20% quality, so I want to relevel them before I challenge atziri :P

"
Shadowbringer wrote:
Great and fun build. My first degen and RF build and I'm loving it. Thank you for introducing the build to the public.

I do have a couple of Qs though...

1) Will the Atziri flask add any damage when used?

2) What's the best rare helmet you would recommend, please?

1) Atziri's promise won't add any damage. RF is a degen so the added chaos damage doesn't apply. ED is purly chaos, so you don't gain any damage there as well. The only thing you get is chaos life leech, which is useless as ED has an integrated leech mechanic itself.

2) Regarding rare helmets you look for a high pure evasion life helmet. It should have at least 90% total resist. Chaos resist is really nice to have as well. My current helmet has +2 to minions gems, but that doesn't help at all. You rather have high flat evasion and a high % evasion.
Hey man, I just started an ED build and then I came across your one! It looks pretty awesome. Have you had a go at high tier maps and Atziri yet? I'm very curious to know how you're getting on, since I'd like to try it out myself.
Wrong thread...accidental post.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Apr 5, 2016, 6:17:03 PM
"
m0onknight wrote:
Hey man, I just started an ED build and then I came across your one! It looks pretty awesome. Have you had a go at high tier maps and Atziri yet? I'm very curious to know how you're getting on, since I'd like to try it out myself.

Hey,

I have been playing some other character right now and this one is currently level 90 with swapped gems and a 5 link only, BUT

I am certain that this build can easily farm atziri and do red maps. With a 5-link and frenzy and rf up, you will easily hit 35k dot damage. If you manage to get a 21 essence drain or even a 6-link damage should nevr be a problem at all. I have never done red maps in my entire life before, but I feel with this build I can do it. Depending on the map mods you might need to drop rf sometimes which clearly slows you down, but at the same time increases your survivability. It's needless to say that this build accelerates at killing perandus packs and farming the lab.
Current #19 Trickster in 2 week hardcore perandus race checking in.

Love the build. RF has been one of my favorite skills since forever and I finally found a great combination to use it with. I simply love DoT skills and that's why these three (ED-Cont-RF) are such an amazing combo. I can say that I've had a lot of fun with this build and I can say, with certainty (as you can see) that the build is "HC-viable", whatever that means. Here's my gear.

I have 5770 life, 190+ all resistances and ED gets up to 28k DoT with 6 frenzy charges and RF up. I have cleared up to T12 right now and I think I can do even more, but haven't had the luck with map drops for now. Anyway, going back to pushing the ladder.

Last edited by McRazor on May 23, 2016, 7:06:27 AM
Is your regen high enough to sustain being in a party with someone running Discipline?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info