[2.4] Pure SRS *Cheap* *Atziri* *Magic Find* *Endgame Viable*

"
I added a new more tanky Life/ES hybrid variant

If you want to shred your enemies with mean little skulls, blow up their corpses in a bloody explosion to get even stronger, while you keep your distance, then this guide is for you!

Pro:
fast clear speed
can do almost every map
endgame viable
relatively easy to play
Atziri viable
you can get high IIR and IIQ values (at the expense of safety)

Cons:
if you don’t pay attention, you can die pretty fast
can’t do Blood Magic maps and you have to use at least one mana flask for no regen maps

Videos
Spoiler
Atziri Kill (2.3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wry6RwhP8xk
Spoiler

Corrupted Unidentified Volcano Map with dmg equipment (2.3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmxZ8S37e0
Spoiler

Corrupted Plateau Map with slightly magic find equipment (2.3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEu_hqpJPo
Spoiler

Corrupted Strand Map with slightly magic find equipment (2.3)
comming soon
Spoiler

Old
Spoiler
Atziri Kill with full dmg equipment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIF4dgw1-lY

Table of content
1 Passive Skill Tree
1.1 Skill Tree Pure Life
1.1.1 Leveling Tree 20 Points
1.1.2 Leveling Tree 40 Points
1.1.3 Leveling Tree 60 Points
1.1.4 Leveling Tree 80 Points
1.1.5 Final Tree
1.2 Skill Tree Life/ES Hybrid
1.2.1 Leveling Tree 20 Points
1.2.2 Leveling Tree 40 Points
1.2.3 Leveling Tree 60 Points
1.2.4 Leveling Tree 80 Points
1.2.5 Final Tree
1.3 Bandits
1.4 Ascendency
2 Equipment
2.1 Leveling Equipment
2.2 Equipment breakdown
2.2.1 Staff
2.2.2 Helmet
2.2.3 Body Armor
2.2.4 Boots
2.2.5 Belt
2.2.6 Gloves
2.2.7 Amulet
2.2.8 Rings
2.2.9 Jewels
2.2.10 Flasks
2.3 Final Equipment
3 Gems
3.1 Main Skill
3.2 Utility
3.3 Auras
4 Magic Find
5 Atziri

1 Passive Skill Tree

1.1 Skill Tree Pure Life:

1.1.0 Leveling Trees

1.1.5 Final Tree

1.2 Skill Tree Life/ES Hybrid

1.2.0 Leveling Trees
Spoiler

1.2.1 Leveling Tree 20 Points
Spoiler
comming soon

1.2.2 Leveling Tree 40 Points
Spoiler
comming soon

1.2.3 Leveling Tree 60 Points
Spoiler
comming soon

1.2.4 Leveling Tree 80 Points
Spoiler
comming soon

1.2.5 Final Tree

1.3 Bandits
Spoiler
Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Passive
Mericless: Passive

1.4 Ascendancy
Spoiler
Take the Necromancer Ascendancy and choose in this order while leveling:

-Mistress of Sacrifice: for some minion damage, increased skill duration for your spirits and most important: "our offering skills also effect you". Since we use Flesh Offering we get 30% more cast speed and movement speed. This lets you spit out spirits in an incredible speed.
-Commander of Darkness: grants you 5% increased cast and attack speed, 10% increased damage for every aura you cast (Auras linked with generosity don't count for you!). We end up with 4 Auras so we get 20% attack and cast speed and 40% more damage for our Minions.
-Spirit Eater: More cast speed, damage and 30% increased damage when you consumed or destroyed a corpse recently. This means a big bonus for Flesh Offering. Important: it also adds bonus damage the more corpses you consume. Try always to blow up as many corpses as possible to get the maximum buff. It also adds two more corpses to desecrate.
-Beacon of Corruption: Some chaos resistance for you and your minions which is nice. They also spread "Caustic Cloud on death, dealing 10% of their maximum life as chaos damage per second".

2 Equipment

2.1 Equipment breakdown

There is only one Unique we really need, the Alpha's Howl. Try to get good rares for the rest of the slots. We also need a total of 151 dex and 111 str to run Haste and Melee Splash on lvl 20. Our belt is a great source for strength and for the dex I would recommend to get it from your amulet and rings (It's possible to get all the dex you need from the amulet). We use the rest of the equipment to cap resistances, get some life and general survivability.

2.1.1 Sample Equipment Life based

"

My current equipment is what you should go for if you want to do a lot of damage. The only realy expensive piece is the Staff and the Staff is NOT needed, a simple one with +2 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems is enough.

2.1.2 Sample Equipment Life/ES hybrid

"
comming soon

2.2 Final Equipment

2.2.1 Staff
Spoiler

Best in Slot is a Staff with:

+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
Flat Mana
Increased Cast Speed
Increased Mana Regeneration Rate

All you realy need is a Staff with +2 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems, everything else is a bonus. Even Atziri dies in seconds with such a Staff and leveled Gems

It is also possible to craft a perfect staff. I recommend this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hht78/so_this_is_how_we_managed_to_accumulate_72_mirrors/

I can't reccomend Pledge of Hands for this Build since it does less damage than 6-Link and you would have to make a lot of tweaks to the skill tree to make it better than a good 5-Link

2.2.2 Helmet both variants
Spoiler

Alpha’s Howl for the 8% Reduced Mana Reservation and +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems. This helmet makes our 4th Aura possible und means a dps boost not only from the new Aura and level itself but also through the Commander of Darkness Ascendancy Passive.

2.2.3.1 Body Armor Life based
Spoiler

Belly of the Beast with its up to 40% Increased Maximum Life, 15% Increased Elemental Resistance and 50% Increased Flask Life Recovery Rate gives us a great boost to our survability.

2.2.3.2 Body Armor Life/ES based
Spoiler

Get a Armor with at least 600 ES and a good Life roll. Resistances are also nice to have.

2.2.4.1 Boots Life based
Spoiler

Nothing special, go for: Movement Speed, Resistance, Life and Armor

2.2.4.2 Boots Life/ES based
Spoiler

Go for about as much ES as possible, a good life roll, some resistance and of course movement speed.

2.2.5.1 Belt Life based
Spoiler

Aim for a Belt with the Strength you need for your Gems as stated above, Life and Resistance.

2.2.5.2 Belt Life/ES based
Spoiler

Aim for a Belt with the Strength you need for your Gems as stated above. Life and Resistance are also very important and if you can afford it or get lucky some ES is also nice.

2.2.6.1 Gloves Life based
Spoiler

Life, Resistance, Armor and a free slot to craft Minion Damage

2.2.6.2 Gloves Life/ES based
Spoiler

A good amount of ES, Life, Resistance and a free slot to craft Minion Damage (It's a prefix)

2.2.7 Amulet both variants
Spoiler

Dex
Life
Resistance
Cast Speed
Mana Reg

in this order of importance. At the beginning you can ignore the cast speed and reg, you can buy some more expensive jewellry later to give you a bit of a boost.

2.2.8 Rings both variants
Spoiler

Same as Amulet

Consider that as soon as you get a 6-Link staff you need an unset ring (a ring with a socket) for your Chaos Golem gem.

2.2.9 Jewels
Spoiler

We have up to five jewel slots to boost our damage and chance to survive. The Jewels only really need one mod: "Minion Damage". If you are lucky enough Life % is a great addition and same goes for ES % if you play the hybrid variant. Cast Speed is nice to have and resistance helps you when you run IIR and IIQ gear.

Best Mods:
Minion Damage (must have)
Life % or ES %
Good Mods:
Cast Speed
Resistance

2.2.10 Flasks
Spoiler

All you need is a Staunching Flask to remove bleeding. Feel free to use what you want

2.3 Leveling Equipment
Spoiler

For the first few levels I don't have a suggestion you have to follow. A Life Sprig with its up to 8 % Cast Speed and +1 to Level of Socketed Spell Gems is a good choice (you can even take two).

As soon as you hit lvl 24 Reverberation Rod gives you a huge damage boost. Use SRS-Minion Damage-Melee Splash as gems. Its basically a 4-Link with its Spell Echo Mod.

After you got your first Spell Echo, try to trade for a 5-Link Staff with +1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems and if possible cast speed. This will skyrocked your dps and is usable for a long time. I got mine after a couple of days into a new league for 1 chaos, so there is no big investment. Use SRS-Spell Echo-Minion Damage-Melee Splash-Melee Physical

3 Gems

3.1 Main Skill both variants
Spoiler

For a 5-Link use SRS-Spell Echo-Melee Splash-Minion Damage-Melee Physical
For a 6-Link use SRS-Spell Echo-Melee Splash-Minion Damage-Melee Physical-Empower (lvl 4) or Added Fire Damage
Important: Empower is better as Added Fire Damage but very expensive.
I always carry a Mulitistrike Gem to switch with Melee Splash for Boss Fights, its even worth the tremendous mana cost.
It's obvious, those gems belongs into your staff

3.2 Utility both variants
Spoiler

Arc-Spell Totem

To trigger Elemental Equilibrium (your Minions don’t trigger Elemental Equilibrium because they don’t count as your attack skill, a Totem on the other hand triggers Elemental Equilibrium)
We have to put it into our boots, but its important that we have two 2-Links on our boots. One of the 2-Links is for the Totem setting and the other one for Blood Magic and Clarity as stated in the Auras Section below.

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1)-Frost Wall (lvl 1)-Enfeeble (lvl 5)-Summon Skeletons (lvl 8)

This setup is for additional security. Keep the gems at low level to guarantee constant triggering.

Put it into your Gloves

Chaos Golem or Lightning Golem

Unset Ring

For the last six gems use a 6 Sockets 4-Link Armor

The Flesh Offering gem is one of the moste important Gems in this build. It gives cast, attack and movement speed for Minions, but with the Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendancy it also affects us and we get 30% increased Cast Speed! Keep it always up!
Vaal Haste is also a huge Damage boost for our Minions and our Cast Speed. I use two because they act independent and i can have them activatet nearly all the time.

Flame Dash

For mobility.

Desecrate

To get some corpses for your offering.

3.3 Auras

3.3.1 Auras Life based
Spoiler

Haste

Generosity-Hatred-Anger
Those Gems have to be in your Alpha's Howl Helmet as it provides +2 to you aura gems. Important, don’t link Haste with Generosity because you profit from its cast and Movement Speed. When linked with Generosity your Auras have a greater effect, but only afflict Allies and Minions. That means you need a 4 Sockets 3-Link Helmet.

Clarity-Blood Magic
Because its impossible to run this Aura on your Mana we have to take this little compromise and reserve (about 350) of our Life for the much needed Mana Regeneration.
They go into our Boots as refered to in the section above.

3.3.1 Auras Life/ES based
Spoiler

Haste

Discipline

Generosity-Hatred
All those Gems have to be in your Alpha's Howl Helmet as it provides +2 to you aura gems. Important, don’t link Haste and Discipline with Generosity because you profit a lot from the cast speed, movement speed and of course the engergie shield. When linked with Generosity your Auras have a greater effect, but only effect Allies and Minions. That means you need a 4 Socket 2-Link Helmet.

Clarity-Blood Magic
Because its impossible to run this Aura on your Mana we have to take this little compromise and reserve (about 350) of our Life for the much needed Mana Regeneration.
They go into our Boots as refered to in the section above.

4 Magic Find

Since there are only two items we can't replace, the staff and helmet, we are free to use the rest of the equipment slots for IIR and IIQ gear. Keep in mind that you can also use a IIR gem in your staff or even IIQ if you play standard.

Beware that every piece of magic find gear takes off a layer of defence. I recommend to experiment a bit to find a good compromise between loot and defense.

Example Gears:
Spoiler
Good compromise
"
comming soon

Dangerous
"
comming soon

Suicide Loot
"
comming soon

5 Atziri
This guide is at the moment only how you do the fight with this build, not how the whole Atziri fight works. Read a general guide if its the first time you try Atziri.

This Build can do Atziri quiet easy, not because you have a good chance to survive, to be honest, you die from every misstake, but because of the incredible damage. Remember that you switch your Melee Splash gem for Multistrike for every boss fight

Oversouls
Spoiler
Just stay near one of them and cast your spirits, use desecrate for your offering and remember to place your totem. The fight should be over in seconds and none of them should be able to even attack you.

Trio
Spoiler
I think this fight is the hardest of the three stages. Start casting spirits as soon as you enter the room and the moment you hit 50 cast desecrate for your offering, place a totem and trigger the trio. Keep moving and ocassionally recast spirits. One hit can kill you so keep moving.

Atziri
Spoiler
Like the trio fight, first go for max spirits, cast desecrate, cast your totem and trigger the queen. All you have to do all the fight is evade her attacks, the damage of the spirits is so hughe that you rush trough her phases. To say it in short terms: recast spirits and evade attacks thats all you have to do all the fight.

While this Guide should cover the most questions, I try to update it as soon as possible.

Changelog
Spoiler
03.06.16: Update for the 2.3 content patch
14.03.16: Some general improvements, added a section about Jewels, better formating, Magic Find, Atziri guide
20.03.16 corrected some misspellings, equipment update, Magic Find update
21.03.16 some finetuning to the final tree

Things to do:
General improvements
More details
Formating
ooops...and it's a ranger again
Last edited by FliegenTod on Oct 6, 2016, 3:01:16 PM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2017, 9:36:49 AM
reserved
Have you considered using Victario's Charity Laminated Kite Shield? The added attack speed and damage on the spirits is really nice.
what about bandit option ?
"
Have you considered using Victario's Charity Laminated Kite Shield? The added attack speed and damage on the spirits is really nice.

This shield sounds REALY intersting, i have to test it. But it would change the whole build (or at least the equipment). But tank you, i take a closer look.

"
what about bandit option ?

I addet a section about that but it is:
Oak
Passive
Passive
Was just wondering what i put in these jewel sockets
Last edited by Garruok on Mar 12, 2016, 1:16:36 AM
"
Was just wondering what i put in these jewel sockets

Hey, its only import that it has minion damage. If you can afford it then Life % is very good. I try to update the Guide tomorrow, latest on monday.

I also tried the shield but im not convinced. i write more about his matter when i update the build.
Cast when damage taken w/ bone offering is nice.
Do you think Pledge of Hands is also an option for final staff? Free Level 30 Spell Echo which opens up a slot, gives you 100% more mana, and a potential 7L. This build reminds me of another I ran in Warbands which used Chaos Golem instead of Arc in your CWDT setup.

Is there a reason you only grab 5 jewel sockets? You can push more damage by getting more sockets, including life and resistance which can help with Magic Finding and gear. You're probably already on it, but you should add a Jewel section for the guide.
Last edited by Kaysick on Mar 12, 2016, 1:44:18 PM
I'm enjoying this build quite a bit, especially running with a 14 Aura support friend :)
Writer of The Other Grey Meat, a 315 page webcomic.
Last edited by Magravan on Mar 14, 2016, 10:49:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info