[2.3] Spectre/Curse/Aura Necromancer with MoM/EB/ZO. Beginner friendly

Good guide, I want to make another summoner!

I have a question, in the guide - gear - glove section, "it said Minions have 35% resists on all difficulties."

but, in my knowledge, every specter has different elemental resists, (like flame sentinel F:75 C:0 L:0)

what do you think about it?
Last edited by premer2 on Mar 22, 2016, 12:32:16 AM
"
premer2 wrote:
Good guide, I want to make another summoner!

I have a question, in the guide - gear - glove section, "it said Minions have 35% resists on all difficulties."

but, in my knowledge, every specter has different elemental resists, (like flame sentinel F:75 C:0 L:0)

what do you think about it?

You are correct on that. However, Purity of Elements + Minion resist node should still cover most of the minion resists.

Let's do a calculation:

Minion Resist Node: 16%
Purity of Elements lvl 20: 27%
Aura Effectiveness Node: 16%
All resist on Shield(Necromantic Aegis): 8%

16 + 27*1.16 + 8 = 55.32

So I guess having 2 or 3 Minion resist jewels is not a bad idea.

Edit: Updated thread with relevant info. Guess we're using Purity of Elements forever then :D
Last edited by DieKao on Mar 22, 2016, 7:28:37 AM
thanks for replying! now I got it, yes purity of elements will go on for good lol (unless we use bubble as specter!)

and actually I started new summoner, EB+MM+ZO is really interesting!

I think life is most valuable stat for survivability in this tree,
cause es can protect the character only 30% of damage (EB+MM), and there's no life regen (ZO) .

in this status, is discipline still good for survivability? could arctic armour or sth be an option?

and with same context, could chaos golem be an option instead of stone golem?

Last edited by premer2 on Mar 22, 2016, 6:13:24 PM
Glad you like the EB+MoM+ZO combo.

As to your questions:

1. Yes life is more important than es. I do not get any pure es nodes on the tree for that reason. It's really hard to even deplete our es with all the regen. You do want a certain amount though, because if your es is gone, there's no 30% damage reduction. That's why I take 2 life/es clusters that are close by.

2. There are always options. Discipline does help your minions survive too, but Arctic Armor or Chaos Golem would give more damage reduction. You can definitely try those options out.
If you do use Arctic Armor instead of Discipline though, you don't even need the 6% reduced mana reserved anymore. You could even try for 25+% reduced mana reserved to fit arctic armor in with the aura setup. But you need a lot of points to get to the Charisma Cluster and the 22% you get by taking all aura nodes except Charisma is not enough.

Instead of putting 10 points to get to Charisma, so you can add arctic armor, you could also get more life nodes or jewel sockets.
But then again that's why I left those 10 points up to the reader. I feel any build should be "done" by level 90 at the most. Anymore levels should go into whatever the player feels is missing.
I would try lots of options, like 2 curse + purity of elements, discipline, arctic armour etc...

AFTER leveling.

thanks for thoughtful answer and the guide!
First of all thanks for the build-guide.
I am all new to Path of Exile and wanted to start a Summoner for having good times soloing content.

i am lvl 72 now and i am close to the core build, except for a few life notes, a small curse note and the last keystone Eldritch Battery.

besides i had to spend 2 more into % reduced mana reserved around the Sovereignty note to get enough mana to cast all the auras/curse auras and be able to cast ball lighning (1) and the offering spells if needed.

but my main question is, whats the point with EB?
i don´t understand the benefit from getting EB for the build? can you please explain the synergy to me? I feel way more tanky when i got the energie shield to protect my life since i have to come close to enemys for getting the elemental weakness curse on by blasphemy aura.

is it possible to switch ele. weakness to ball lightning and temp. chains to blasphemy aura so i get more distance between me and my enemys? or am i missing something?
First of all a short feedback after playing this to lvl 80 in the 2 week flashback event:
The build really works very well - I'm clearing T6-7 maps without any problems (don't have higher maps yet). The spectres are super tanky and have literally never died on me yet. Together with 9 zombies and a golem I have a nice wall of meat to hide behind - and currently 3.8k life and MoM/EB are sufficient.

To the poster above me (even though it's a fairly old question):
EB is used so you're able to reserve all mana for auras / blasphemy - in this build with blasphemy on 1 curse together with discipline and purity of elements this results in 99% reserved mana (if you take the 6% reduced mana reserved node in the skilltree).
But you still have around 2k ES to cast all your spells and the ES offers additional hitpoints because with Mind Over Matter 30% of damage goes to your ES instead of life.

Curses: Yes you can switch curses between Ball Lightning/Curse on hit and Blasphemy. I actually use Enfeeble in my blasphemy setup, because I want this curse to be on every mob that gets close to me (it's just so good!). Furthermore I use flammability instead of Ele Weakness - since the spectres only do fire damage, this curse should be a little better - or am I missing something?

Cheers - David
With quality they apply the same amount of negative resistances to monsters so the only real reason to use EW would be to ease party play.
This seems like the most solid 2.2 summoner build, I'm pushing with it in prophecy!
Last edited by Jamp42 on May 27, 2016, 11:13:08 PM
Can this build run t15/atziri ?
It can most definitely run normal atziri and standard t15's.
Would have to modify to run übers etc but should be doable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info