The Labyrinth

You people are beyond pathetic. Finally content you can't cheese with your copy and pasted builds. I've been here much longer than you and def encourage you take your cry baby butts and leave with your fake threats. Lol this is so funny. GGG great job on the expansion. Def exposing the baddies
I loved normal lab. Wasn't too hard and was lots of fun although I can imagine it would be hard at 150+ ping (I was at 80)
merc lab takes 15 minutes or less. skip the silver caches because the loot isnt good. i've enchanted my helmet a dozen times already.

guess what though.. its because I actually can overcome something other than spamming a totem infront of me and watching uber atziri die.
I found it fun until Izaro, and then a huge issue in this game showed it's ugly face : lack of optimization.

I found the Izaro fight to be incredibly laggy, with my character freezing at times. It's very frustrating in a situation where one death means 30 minutes to an hour wasted. GGG has acknowledged optimization issues, yet it seems every piece of new content needs to be filled with content that can't be handle be non-high end computers without massive lag. In the one boss fight, we have a very detailed boss, ground effect orbs, spinning 30-blade axes, green, highly detailed fireball spam, and hordes of white monsters; that's all before any attacks you make yourself.

I'd love to see Lab become an optimization priority, and would love to see some less lag-inducing content in the future.
"
Picksomecardz wrote:
I found it fun until Izaro, and then a huge issue in this game showed it's ugly face : lack of optimization.

I found the Izaro fight to be incredibly laggy, with my character freezing at times. It's very frustrating in a situation where one death means 30 minutes to an hour wasted. GGG has acknowledged optimization issues, yet it seems every piece of new content needs to be filled with content that can't be handle be non-high end computers without massive lag. In the one boss fight, we have a very detailed boss, ground effect orbs, spinning 30-blade axes, green, highly detailed fireball spam, and hordes of white monsters; that's all before any attacks you make yourself.

I'd love to see Lab become an optimization priority, and would love to see some less lag-inducing content in the future.

I do agree the izaro lag is pretty rough.

I found that I wait a little bit away from him now and instead of standing on him waiting for him to be attackable, because my game was freezing for a second or two every time I did that.

now I give him a chance to do his first move or whatever, and then proceed to diaz him
"
Drahken wrote:
You people are beyond pathetic. Finally content you can't cheese with your copy and pasted builds. I've been here much longer than you and def encourage you take your cry baby butts and leave with your fake threats. Lol this is so funny. GGG great job on the expansion. Def exposing the baddies

While I "might" agree with you, but its posts like this that are pathetic.

My first run in the Lab I had a section of traps that was near impossible to get by, I learned to bypass it by simply not doing that section of the Lab. That's a great way to get content into the game, lets make rows of spike traps so long that you can't see the end and see what pattern they use and that give 50% damage so in the end its pure luck that you get through. Yes random map generation can do that but you seemed to have such simple maps generated that it was a cake walk for you. I solute you sir !

But yeah, with all the other major issues PoE has, like mapping until your eyes bleed and you get Carpal tunnel syndrome from keeping your hand in the same place for days on end.

But i digress...

Yes those of us who have tabs full of gear and can make pretty much any character we want forget about what new self found people have to go through and what effect it has on player retention.

I all ready dislike creating any new characters because I dislike Act 4, I think its just lame. So I simply reroll characters I have with respec's and try out a few different builds that interest me. Doing the same act's 3 times to get to the fun of mapping <sarcasm> is boring to me now.

All these new expansions do nothing for players after they have done the 3 act's and enter mapping which we play a character in until we simply get bored to death of it and take a break or start a new character to do it all over again and again and again.

Oh well, I do think the Lab is interesting and something different to do that takes awhile to do the whole thing and not race through it. Yeah once I figured out the keys needed for the end I wanted to get all the keys I could so I spent a fair amount of time doing all the branches in the Lab, but that will get old after awhile.

Last edited by Konflict on Mar 6, 2016, 10:37:55 AM
"
Konflict wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:

While I "might" agree with you, but its posts like this that are pathetic.

My first run in the Lab I had a section of traps that was near impossible to get by, I learned to bypass it by simply not doing that section of the Lab. That's a great way to get content into the game, lets make rows of spike traps so long that you can't see the end and see what pattern they use and that give 50% damage so in the end its pure luck that you get through. Yes random map generation can do that but you seemed to have such simple maps generated that it was a cake walk for you. I solute you sir !

But yeah, with all the other major issues PoE has, like mapping until your eyes bleed and you get Carpal tunnel syndrome from keeping your hand in the same place for days on end.

But i digress...

Yes those of us who have tabs full of gear and can make pretty much any character we want forget about what new self found people have to go through and what effect it has on player retention.

I all ready dislike creating any new characters because I dislike Act 4, I think its just lame. So I simply reroll characters I have with respec's and try out a few different builds that interest me. Doing the same act's 3 times to get to the fun of mapping <sarcasm> is boring to me now.

All these new expansions do nothing for players after they have done the 3 act's and enter mapping which we play a character in until we simply get bored to death of it and take a break or start a new character to do it all over again and again and again.

Oh well, I do think the Lab is interesting and something different to do that takes awhile to do the whole thing and not race through it. Yeah once I figured out the keys needed for the end I wanted to get all the keys I could so I spent a fair amount of time doing all the branches in the Lab, but that will get old after awhile.

kinda crazy how bad at games some people are. I have done all 3 difficulty modes (thats 3 different lab layouts) plus I have done 2 different layouts in the merc lab.so don't act like I got some easy layout. all of the trap mechanics are easy. I have seen them all.. as far as skipping a treasure room its a risk reward thing, I personally run the labyrinth for the powerful reward at the end, I could careless about level 68 treasure chest. but for other players that option is there, and thats a good thing. plus it adds to the labyrinth/maze feel to have multiple paths and options.

Yeah I may be bad at PoE but I have played it for a long time and just getting bored I guess.

At least I have pumped some money to GGG to pay for my time and help keep this game going.
"
Konflict wrote:
Yeah I may be bad at PoE but I have played it for a long time and just getting bored I guess.

At least I have pumped some money to GGG to pay for my time and help keep this game going.

I've got enough tabs to put POE at a $60+ game. You bought a forum tag and cosmetics, congrats. I don't want either and I'd rather contribute wisely. I've played a longer time and currently not bored. I wish more temp league stuff was in standard though
"
Truper17 wrote:
Unless the entire expansion is rescinded, I'll never play PoE again.

Bye...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info