Earthquake

Earthquake is an awesome skill.

The only issue I have found so far is the annoying bug as reported by others where it goes through the full attack animation but doesn't actually do the attack. It will get you killed eventually when your attack appears to go through but doesn't, I know it has happened to me.

The aftershock can miss or not?
Attacks roll for Accuracy, yes.
"
JusJev wrote:

P.S : one problem I noticed is that sometimes broken walls/ground terrain cause you to do default attack rather than earthquake.

It seems to be an engine issue for targeted circular AoE skills, for Blast Rain skill shares the same issue.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
question on some skill gem interaction

currently I'm running a very high reduced/less duration on earthquake to achieve a very high DPS. Part of this entails using rapid decay. now Earthquake doesn't have any natural DoT effects, so all this gem does is reduce the duration of the aftershock. What I am unsure of, and cannot really tell with what I've tested, is whether or not adding a passive DoT not linked to the skill would result in a higher DoT due to rapid decay (namely bleed from atziri's disfavour or poison from snakebite). I'd imagine it would because the skill would technically have a DoT effect and EQ has the duration tag, but I am unsure since the RD support isnt linked to anything that naturally provides a DoT effect.
Last edited by Kavanaugh on Mar 12, 2016, 12:15:05 PM
"
Kavanaugh wrote:
question on some skill gem interaction

currently I'm running a very high reduced/less duration on earthquake to achieve a very high DPS. Part of this entails using rapid decay. now Earthquake doesn't have any natural DoT effects, so all this gem does is reduce the duration of the aftershock. What I am unsure of, and cannot really tell with what I've tested, is whether or not adding a passive DoT not linked to the skill would result in a higher DoT due to rapid decay (namely bleed from atziri's disfavour or poison from snakebite). I'd imagine it would because the skill would technically have a DoT effect and EQ has the duration tag, but I am unsure since the RD support isnt linked to anything that naturally provides a DoT effect.

Bleed and Poison inflicted by skill will be affected by Rapid Decay.
I dont think it's a good idea to waste a gem slot for just 15% reduced duration. Getting a proper Enchantment on helm + putting 20/20 Less Duration will reduce Earthquake's Duration to less than 0.4 seconds. So, you can have up to 2.5 APS and still trigger your BOOM every hit. Just use a weapon with no more than 1.5 APS, and dont invest too much into Attack Speed.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Thanks for the answer.

And while its not useful in a typical setup, it gets stronger as you go higher in the same manner that resistances do. Adding warped timepiece and RD to that setup allows for up to 4 attacks per second and gives pretty tremendous dps.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
JusJev wrote:

P.S : one problem I noticed is that sometimes broken walls/ground terrain cause you to do default attack rather than earthquake.

It seems to be an engine issue for targeted circular AoE skills, for Blast Rain skill shares the same issue.

Yeah, this is something that needs to be fixed. Find myself leaping into a pile and attacking with nothing happening multiple times per map run. That said, this skill is amazing. Running a duelist champion tank. This does a decent 20-35k damage and I pretty much take no damage. Because i don't have to really worry about pumping points into attack speed, I was able to go extra defense. Map brutus, no problem, map kole (carnage?), no problem. Just stand in their face and keep attacking.
I've been trying this with some bleed nodes in the Duelist area and from what I can see, the aftershock cannot cause bleeds? Is that correct?

Cheers.
Does the aftershock scale off the damage of the hit that caused it, or off the damage an initial hit would cause at the time of the aftershock effect happening? What I mean by this, is if your damage is boosted by a buff at the time of the initial hit, and that effect expires before the aftershock happens, will the aftershock still effectively get that buff's damage increase? Talking about Phase Run's damage buff here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info