[Ascendant] [LL] [Uber] Kangaroo's Ethereal Knives 364K DPS

Welcome to my Low-Life EK Scion build. This build has both budget and expensive versions (results will vary heavily based on gear/jewels.)

PROS
Spoiler
Can complete Uber/Normal Atziri Deathless quite easily
Very fast clear speed and movement
Critically hits a lot, and has a large damage pool on top of that.
Can deal with reflect maps/double reflect. (No double phys reflect though sadly.)
You can get two bubbles if you have one skin transfer and Forcefield Discipline MTX! Double bubble trouble. See below for a picture

DoubleBubbleHype

To become a double bubble lord like me, you must first invest in a Maligaro's Restraint belt and skin transfer it to your belt. This will apply the first inner bubble, and the purple particles spewing from my beautiful soul.
The next step is to buy the Forcefield Discipline MTX! This will apply the outer bubble. (ADVERTISEMENT!!!) Then you will become one with the bubble.

CONS
Spoiler
Not exactly a budget friendly build, it can get quite expensive.
3 Level 3 Enlighten's are required or you must take another mana reserve node.
Requires "+all resists" on most jewel(s) to be optimized to its full potential
Requires a 6link to reach its full potential, but a 5link can work.

Current Gear
Spoiler

NOTE: The reason my helmet has such low resists is because I am already capped. The reason I am using rings/an amulet such as mine is because of the following:
Int provides more energy shield, that combined with the flat es and es% is a very large ES boost to your character. If you need any other explanations on gear choices, don't be afraid to ask.

Gems
Spoiler
NOTE: Numbers inside of parentheses "(#)" represents the level the gem should be.
3 Link (dagger): Faster Attacks, Whirling Blades, Enhance
3 Link (shield): Blasphemy, Warlords Mark, Enlighten (3)
4 Link (gloves): Cast When Damage Taken (4), Immortal Call (6), Increased Duration, Vaal Haste - (Will not cast Vaal Haste when you take damage.)
4 Link (boots): Summon Flame Golem or Ice Golem, Clarity, Hatred, Enlighten (3)
4 Link (helmet): Blood Magic (20), Herald of Ash, Discipline, Enlighten (3)
6 Link (body): Ethereal Knives (20 or 21), Added Fire Damage, Life Leech or Item Quantity, Faster Projectiles, Faster Casting, Spell Echo

Flasks
Spoiler

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal: Passive Point
Cruel: Passive Point
Merciless: Passive Point

Passive Tree(s)
Spoiler

Offensive Statistics
Unbuffed

Auras+Golem

Auras+Golem+Flasks

Auras+Golem+Flasks+VaalHaste

Defensive Statistics
Auras

I won't bother listing a picture with endurance charges from Warlord's Mark, just add 12% Physical Damage Reduction / 12% All Resistances with all 3 charges. You would gain another maybe 90 or so ES from a level 21 Discipline rather than a level 20 one.

TO DO

- Budget version will be added soon.
- Additional options such as a Witch instead of a Scion version, alternate gear choices, and such.

ETC

Feel free to message me in-game or on the forums if you don't want to post here. Any questions that I can answer for you I will.
IGN: SpinningKangaroo

Videos will be added once I am not busy at college, I do not currently have time to play Path of Exile, however this build has only been improved via Ascendancy, damage wise, and defense wise by quite a lot. This is still a very viable build.

Pictures for Offense and Defense have not been updated because I am busy currently, however, the damage now goes up to 364,439 for my current gear, and my Energy Shield has reached 8,600.

FAQ

How do you kill Uber/Normal Atziri?

Very simple, you just need to swap out Faster Projectiles for Slower Projectiles and be sure not to hit the Mirrored one, as your range will become VERY short (This is to not kill yourself with Atziris mirror reflect), the only way for you to hit multiple Atziri(s) is if you run faster projectiles. Slower Projectiles fixes this problem. This will also increase your damage by quite a bit. Enjoy.

Why do you take Melding below Pain Attunement?

The reason I take these nodes is because you use the Jewel "Energy from Within" below the Melding node vein. This will convert all of the life on the Melding nodes to ES, giving you 40% Energy Shield just from melding alone. Then you will receive between 8-12% Energy Shield from the jewel itself (depending on the roll you have.)

What does this build look for in Jewels?

1. Spell Damage, Physical Damage, Projectile Damage, Spell Damage while holding a Shield
2. Energy Shield %
3. All Resistances (allows your gear choices to become less expensive).
4. Projectile Speed (Don't get to much, because you'll end up hitting the Atziri mirrored clone and killing yourself.)
Last edited by suchKBmuchBarrage on Mar 18, 2016, 4:10:41 PM
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2016, 1:42:49 AM
some video pls
Updated for Ascendancy.

- Do not currently have the time as I am very busy at college and work to play Path of Exile, have played maybe an hour or two just to complete the labyrinths.

Enjoy.

Videos will be added once I have time to do so.
Updated Build again for best optimization, videos to be added within a week.
Last edited by suchKBmuchBarrage on Mar 18, 2016, 4:11:18 PM
You can get an extra skill point if you take the dex node next to the jewel socket instead of the two nodes below co-ordination in the shadow area. Not really important, but you can get an extra 6% ES or grab a 30 strength node so that you wont need to rely as much on gear for stat requirements.
Hi man. Nice build, trying it on a league. Have questions: how do you feel w/o stun immune? (i'm die minute ago from stuns). And how about non-crit version, maybe it will better?
i was wondering what is your 2nd ascendancy aside from deadeyes you started going into duelist but seems like you never did your merc lab or at least it didnt show on the tree planner :) nice build
Brinerot Whalers vs winds of change ?
Hey, I've been building off of your build now for a bit. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm only level 65 so I'm not taking full advantage of it yet. But could you please post your budget version and your video? I know it's time consuming. It would be greatly appreciated though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info