Is critical strike multiplier a more or increased damage modifier?

"
Nephalim wrote:

Do you recognize 10% increased of 150 is the same as 15% additional of 150?

If you look carefully on my first response, you will see that this is what I said. you said damage will not change at all. 10% increased used to be 15% additional, now it is 10% additional => 33% less

have no idea what is the general goal of your presence here in Gameplay help. Confuse new players and troll the regulars?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
the change from "increased" to "additional" basically means 33% less crit multiplier (in case base crit multi remains 150%).

The change from increased to additional basically means nothing changed except wording if case base multi remains at 150. did you somehow mean to say this but typed the exact opposite?

"
before the change, 10% increased = 15% additional

Before what change - nothing has changed.
10% increased is still exactly equal to 15% additional.

"
I think The whole purpose of this change is to reduce overall crit damage without creating tons of legacy items

Again, what change? The wording change that has no actual difference other than wording?

No, it really is not unless your entire response was based on the knowledge or assumption that crit damage base will change, which I can assuredly say you have no evidence for either case.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 2, 2016, 4:57:20 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No, it is not.
The critical strike multiplier is a multiplier on the total damage of the hit. The way it applies to damage is not changing at all in ascendancy (the stats you get to modify the critical strike multiplier are, but that doesn't change how the multiplier applies to damage).

Why this inconsistency in wording ? Are +15% crit multiplier (Assasin tree) different to 15% increased crit mutliplier?

If so, why not rename +15% to crit multiplier to +10% increased crit multiplier and dont confuse tenthousands of people ? ;)

Edit: or is +15% to crit multi a base and gets increased by increased crit multi ?

I find this new wording really confusing. The problem is not, that i dont like to learn, the problem is that no-one explains it and/or wording is just confusing somehow..

I mean, for the power charge node, it explicitly says "+0.5 Base crit"..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 2, 2016, 5:17:07 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No, it is not.
The critical strike multiplier is a multiplier on the total damage of the hit. The way it applies to damage is not changing at all in ascendancy (the stats you get to modify the critical strike multiplier are, but that doesn't change how the multiplier applies to damage).

If so, why not rename +15% to crit multiplier to +10% increased crit multiplier and dont confuse tenthousands of people ? ;)

this would be a numeric change that would create bazillion of new legacy items. leaving the values the same while changing how the modifier works (add to the base rather than multiplying the base) will not create legacy items
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Astarte911 wrote:

Oh, it will be consistent all right, every crit multi bonus in the game will say '+x% to crit multi'. The original one was somewhat confusing, once you take some crit multi bonuses you can't see anywhere that your base crit multi is 150% and have no idea how much you will get for each subsequent bonus, unless you were keeping track how much you got, or you know how high your base is.

I suppose they did the same with crit multi bonus on items like they did with leech, just multiplied the displayed value by 1,5 and changed the wording.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 2, 2016, 5:25:57 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No, it is not.

this would be a numeric change that would create bazillion of new legacy items. leaving the values the same while changing how the modifier works (add to the base rather than multiplying the base) will not create legacy items

Every item we had in 2.1 says "increased critical strike multiplier".
Now they introduce +15% critical strike multiplier

How does changing the naming from +15% critical strike multiplier to 10% increased crit multi changes our items ?!

10% increased crit multi is the same as +15% crit multi, btw

Or do we talk here about 2 different things ?
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 2, 2016, 5:25:18 AM

Multiply existing CD by 1.5, change it from +increased to +additional. Nothing mechanically has changed except wording.

CD has not been nerfed or buffed in any shape or form at this point in time.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"

How does changing the naming from +15% critical strike multiplier to 10% increased crit multi changes our items ?!

Minor nitpick: this is backwards. In English when we say x to y, x came first (before) and y comes after.

We're going from "10% increased" display to "+15%" display, not the other way around.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Astarte911 wrote:

because our items wont change from 10% increased crit multi to +15% crit multi, they will change from 10% increased to +10%, the % value will not change, the mechanic will. Where we have seen crit on the tree they changed the 10s to 15s, thats on the tree, they cant change the actual numerical value on your items, nor I think do they want to. Im surprised they set the tree straight, I thought they would just kick it all the way down the line. Maybe gradual steps with something so widespread as crit.

Or so I presume, maybe theyll do the leech trick? If so why bother?
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 2, 2016, 5:38:44 AM
"

Again, what change? The wording change that has no actual difference other than wording?

No, it really is not unless your entire response was based on the knowledge or assumption that crit damage base will change, which I can assuredly say you have no evidence for either case.

I've heard differing rumours.

First rumour: stat will change. Number % will stay the same. Net effect: 33% nerf even assuming no change to base multiplier.

Second rumour: both stat and number will change together. Purely for display purposes to make crit multi bonuses more easily readable for new players. Net change: zero changes to Crit damage.

It all depends on which rumour you are looking at. Ludvator seemed to be criticizing you from the viewpoint of rumour 1 while you seem fully convinced of rumour 2.

Snorkle seems to be saying rumour 1 applies to items, and rumour 2 applies to passive tree.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Mar 2, 2016, 5:46:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info