How much money have you wasted/spent on PoE?

I don't keep track, honestly, but the answer's probably 'not enough'. GGG's really putting a lot of love and effort in PoE, and they deserve all the cash thrown at them.

Next pay check, i'll probably be picking up the 2nd Harbinger pack.
1) $3340 USD

2) Not too much, do not regret it at all. Pretty happy at the moment.

3) Probably, but only via packs.

4) Yes. I have an item in the game that I designed, and another one on the way.I have a map of Wraeclast, game case, and music disc all signed by the four founders of GGG, professionally framed up and hanging in my office. I also have the beta skill tree signed by the entire GGG staff at the time also framed and hanging in my office.
Last edited by DevilJade on Aug 23, 2017, 4:07:18 PM
looks like about 180$ so far
I dont see any any key!
"
lost_adonis wrote:
1 - How much have you spent so far on the game?

In order of vaguely justifiable to Oh God What I Done™;
€4.42
€4.49
€9.17
€18.99
€44.11
€51.10
€56.26
€56.67
€194.10
€428.06
---------
€867.37

Oh... oh dear. :P

"
lost_adonis wrote:
2 - Do you think you've spent too much, too little or you're happy with what you've spent?

As a Linux user, lacking a native client (this is understandable) and not even having a native graphics API (Vulkan would be nice, GGG...), I'm forced to conclude I've spent too much. There's no reconciling the money I've spent with the shoddy performance I get.

I'm uncertain how much to criticise GGG over their position on this.

On the one hand, to my knowledge they've never directly promoted Path of Exile to MacOS / Linux users, so it seems unfair to just show up and start lumping expectations upon them. Yet it's also fair to say that their website has never seen our browser's user agent string and turned our money away - GGG must know there are individual MacOS & Linux users who've dropped thousands on the game, and they've been content to offer us little support in return.

The console port changed how I saw GGG. For a while I was seeing them - the size of the company, their budget, their overall resources - as they used to be, and my perception of them hadn't caught up to where they are today. There was a time when GGG unquestionably did not have the resources to devote to MacOS or Linux clients, or even just a graphics API. Some of us had the romantic notion that if GGG could, they would - and for us, that was enough.

The DX11 move & console port forced us to recognise that GGG did have the ability to do more for us, and had made the sound business decision not to bother. It was difficult to see GGG ignore all of the MacOS & Linux users who had been so generous towards them, while chasing after new communities from whom they had received nothing.

"
lost_adonis wrote:
3 - Will you buy some/more points at a later date?

Realistically, no - I'll be buying neither points packs nor supporter packs.

When I heard about GGG's plans for 3.0 I decided I would support that launch as much as I could. I've purchased the most expensive pack from both the challenge league and the expansion, and I feel like I've done my part. I've spent less and gotten more from other developers.

I never really expected a Linux client; if they patched Vulkan into the client then they'd make a night-and-day difference to the performance MacOS & Linux users get, while being able to justify it through the Windows crowd similarly getting better performance. Any indication we weren't being entirely ignored would do... so like I said, realistically no. :(

"
lost_adonis wrote:
4 - Was what you bought worth the cost?

Depends how you choose to see it, I suppose.

The MTX? Hell no. Of course not.

Overall value? I've spent less than €1 per hour of entertainment - can't fault GGG there.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
lol Linux

for gaming anyway
I dont see any any key!
1 - How much have you spent so far on the game?
According to account history $4835, so far.

2 - Do you think you've spent too much, too little or you're happy with what you've spent?
It looks like way too much, I know, but this wasn't spent in one day. I've been following the game since the early stages of development, playing since alpha and supporting it since closed beta. So this is spread over many years. I'm pretty happy with it and don't regret it at all.

3 - Will you buy some/more points at a later date?
Definitely. I doubt I'll ever stop supporting at this point. Path of Exile has become more or less a part of my life. Even at work some people don't know I'm a gamer, but do know I play Path of Exile, haha. The shirts are a bit of a giveaway, I guess.

4 - Was what you bought worth the cost?
Hard to answer this one. Most of it was supporter packs and I didn't really buy them for the stuff, more to support the game and the points usually go to boxes, as I already have most other stuff. Am I happy with it? Definitely. All the items are such high quality and make the game so much more enjoyable to play.

Despite having so many options, I'm reluctant to participate in events such as the current fashion one, even if it seems like I could (and do) make many awesome themed outfits for each of my builds. I just don't want to end up maybe winning and robbing someone else of their prize, as I have no use for it.

It's good to know support is still appreciated and having it contribute to the best F2P model I've seen. I can't think of any other development team More deserving of it. Keep it up, GGG!
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
200bucks so far, but I only actually play for 2 seasons really.

about 60bucks for stash tabs, rest cosmetics & I also bought the harbringer supporter pack.
repeated post....
Last edited by KiadawP on Aug 23, 2017, 6:32:52 PM
Spent around $100 and regret every penny I throw at GGG. If I knew better at the time when I spent the money I'd donate to D3 if they allow me.
"
Maxiant wrote:
Spent around $100 and regret every penny I throw at GGG. If I knew better at the time when I spent the money I'd donate to D3 if they allow me.

that is one of the most disgusting things ive ever read lol

donate to D3

as if Acti-blizz needed the money
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info