Physics Thoughts

"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Would love to see some mathematical reasoning and analysis in your hypotheses.

postulates. there's a big difference.

Not in the context of a PoE off topic thread lol. (i.e. I'm not taking your OP as a literal postulate without some expositional maths)

- postulate definition. A statement accepted as true for the purposes of argument or scientific investigation; also, a basic principle. (See axiom.)
- hypothesis a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation - similarly; conjecture

Anyway my point wasn't meant to be a semantic one I just wanted you to express your ideas mathematically in a meaningful way.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Would love to see some mathematical reasoning and analysis in your hypotheses.

postulates. there's a big difference.

Not in the context of a PoE off topic thread lol. (i.e. I'm not taking your OP as a literal postulate without some expositional maths)

- postulate definition. A statement accepted as true for the purposes of argument or scientific investigation; also, a basic principle. (See axiom.)
- hypothesis a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation - similarly; conjecture

Anyway my point wasn't meant to be a semantic one I just wanted you to express your ideas mathematically in a meaningful way.

The purpose of a postulate is so that you can explore one possible branch of thinking or idea without getting bogged down in having to first prove the starting point.

It's like: "Suppose x is true. Then how would y act under those conditions?"

And now you're saying: "No wait a minute, show me why x is true!"

And I'm like: "Dude... chill. Just suppose."
"
Darkfyre wrote:
The purpose of a postulate is so that you can explore one possible branch of thinking or idea without getting bogged down in having to first prove the starting point.

It's like: "Suppose x is true. Then how would y act under those conditions?"

And now you're saying: "No wait a minute, show me why x is true!"

And I'm like: "Dude... chill. Just suppose."

Whoops, I kind of misrepresented what I was trying to convey if again you got bogged down in the semantics of what I said and that really wasn't my point.

I purposefully didn't mention anything about asking you to prove your position as your 'correctness' isn't what I was interested in. What you're talking about exists in the realm mathematical reasoning and understanding so expressing ideas using a non-mathematical language such as english has limited meaning - therefore to make things more interesting I was just suggesting you include mathematics so far as you understand and interrupt the subject to what you were trying to convey in your OP. Imho that would make the discussion more interesting and meaningful in the sense that we would better understand your position.

Again I really wasn't trying to sound like a dick if I did nor was I wanting you to prove anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info