[2.4.0] Tanky RF Elementalist mjolner witch, volls not required

A question, what is with Elemental Equilibrium ? It should permanently reduce the lightning resistance and fire restistance of every monster, because of Molten Strike and Discharge/Arc. I dont know if RF activates it too, but would this be a good idea to take ?

Last edited by Severage on Jun 26, 2016, 9:14:49 AM
"
Severage wrote:
A question, what is with Elemental Equilibrium ? It should permanently reduce the lightning resistance and fire restistance of every monster, because of Molten Strike and Discharge/Arc. I dont know if RF activates it too, but would this be a good idea to take ?

elemental equilibrium kinda goes in stages. the initial molten strike hit will nuke the lightning resist and buff its fire resist. The arc hit will take advantage of that, but would then change the resist so they have more lightning resist, which will deprove the damage of the discharge.

The net effect is that there really isn't much notable difference, because the resists are constantly swapping around. Encountering it on maps isn't really an inconvenience, but it doesn't seem to help at all. Definitely wouldn't want to waste a point on it
updated for atlas of worlds
Quick question, how does this build handle reflect?
is it a good option to only run Arc + Controlled Destruction + LP with a "divined" mjolner to get up to 10 arc/sec?

I'm sitting at level 76 right and kinda gave up on Discharge since there's no way for me to get a Voll in the future.

Gotta say it seems to work great but I wonder about single target dps in higher tier maps...

PS : I thought it was not possible to use a new version of mjolner with discharge since it procs all the time so how do you buid more than 1 charge then?
Hey mate! Really cool guide i have to say but now attention, tier 1 noob questions incoming:

1. The lvl 1 discharge gem - how does that one trigger? Does discharge trigger on its own?

2. Why do we play two golems if you can only use one at a time? My thoughts on this where that you probably use the lightning golems for clearing and the flame golem for single targets? Is that right?

Overall a great guide. I can see the effort you put in it. I appreciate it a lot! Thx man :-)
"
Modulok2299 wrote:
Hey mate! Really cool guide i have to say but now attention, tier 1 noob questions incoming:

1. The lvl 1 discharge gem - how does that one trigger? Does discharge trigger on its own?

2. Why do we play two golems if you can only use one at a time? My thoughts on this where that you probably use the lightning golems for clearing and the flame golem for single targets? Is that right?

Overall a great guide. I can see the effort you put in it. I appreciate it a lot! Thx man :-)

Both of these are basically facilitated by the elementalist ascendancy class. You get +1 max golems from leige of the primordial, so you can have both up simultaneousely.

The level one discharge is only used to gain 25% penetration from mastermind of discord. Basically you just manually cast it once to get a large damage boost for 10 seconds while you beat on people.
"
DarKWolF90 wrote:
Quick question, how does this build handle reflect?

Paragon of calamity gives 50% reduced reflect damage, which prevents random reflect mobs from being a problem (honestly i barely notice them). Ive run a couple low tier reflect maps, which is doable if you are careful. But any yellow+ tier reflect map mods are honestly not worth the risk
"
Algood wrote:
is it a good option to only run Arc + Controlled Destruction + LP with a "divined" mjolner to get up to 10 arc/sec?

I'm sitting at level 76 right and kinda gave up on Discharge since there's no way for me to get a Voll in the future.

Gotta say it seems to work great but I wonder about single target dps in higher tier maps...

PS : I thought it was not possible to use a new version of mjolner with discharge since it procs all the time so how do you buid more than 1 charge then?

IT could be doable, though honestly it would probably get more dps if you socket a second lightning spell. Shock nova or spark are probably the best options if you want to avoid discharge. Storm call is also good for bosses that wont dodge away.

level 20 arc does 466.5 average dmg per cast. with controlled destruction that goes to 671
Spark does 438 average damage per cast. casting both arc and spark gives 904.5 damage, a good deal more than the controlled destruction gem. And both spells have the ability to hit things multiple times in the same cast, which compounds the damage even further.

I have messed around with spark, and it can get pretty crazy

So I've been playing around with this build in Hardcore Essence for a few days as I've always wanted to screw around with CoC and a Mjolner but I'm a bit confused on one bit: why do you need to use a divine orb on the Mjolner? You never quite explained that as far as I could tell. What threshold on the mod(s) are you trying to get? Here's mine as it is right now:

Thanks! More questions soon to come as this is my first RF and first melee of any type in a long time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info