Dedicated supporting classes are going to bring this game closer to what Diablo 3 currently is.

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:34:09 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
100% support builds already exist. I don't see your point.

The point is that they are now stronger with the ascendancy classes and have been getting more and more power every time a new update comes?

That is completly and totally not true. They nerfed auras so much in the past. I had a Character that got its pure strength by getting every single Aura Node and IR and still had viable defenses and perma freeze even on some bosses. Yes he didn't deal any damage (unless of course I just put on EK instead of Freeze Mine and got 20k+ dps). But for group play that was an awesome character. He wasn't generating that many charges he could share, but well a 5l Freeze Trap just froze any enemy even up to almost any map boss.

So you had a char that offered 5k Evasion or so, 75% of physical damage gained as cold, 10% to all max resistances and 100+% more armor etc. They nerfed reservation, the effects of some auras etc. They also nerfed prolif so you can't freeze the whole screen anymore I guess, pretty sure you can still freeze most bosses though. If I switched Discipline for Haste a physical attack got it's damage doubled and thats without adding Wrath and Anger in the mix (which got nerfed as well).

I feel its good that they gave some power back to a supportive playstyle, this also means that the templer has a partially well option for a summoner, which right now is basically all witch and I doubt the scion class changes anything here unless it has some odd thing like "all your gems gain one level".
"
Marlexyz wrote:
Man, what the hell is wrong with people in these forums?
You don't see this kind of nonsense elsewhere.

lol yeah you do
Again with the utterly narrow minded "in the box" point of view on something you don't really understand
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
this thread is full of people slinging insults and counter arguments with vague or ambiguous targets.

for the love of god mention who the hell you are talking to in your posts god damn it. too hard to follow
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 12, 2016, 3:08:49 PM
Personally, party play will never be a "thing" for me as long as they don't optimize the graphics for such a setting.

I can play a week long without dying once and then join a party and i can guarantee i would die within a few hours of play.
There is to much visual input and visual puking going on currently to make that an enjoyable experience.

I reckon if they ever do make it an enjoyable experience it would be a great benefit to the game as a whole, it would be solid to build the community.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
the bigger the group the greener transactions are for stash tabs

in Brazil (the direction where this game is going) monkeys are traveling in packs and like to spend every lunch-coins to buy some shiny stuff
I think support abilities are totally legitimate in an ARPG. If we judge on the basis of Diablo 2 - and why wouldn't you when discussing ARPGs? - then you had things like Sorceress's Enchant to improve others' weapons, Conviction aura Paladins to hobble enemy resistances, Barbarian's Battle Orders to give everyone massively more health, etc.

It seems like fair game to me.
I'm Chimerical Jim. Softcore. Hardcore. Manticore.
First of all, I think Diablo 3 is a horrible game. The lack of pvp or trading for a successor of Diablo 2 is a no no. Above all, Diablo 3 classes have no identity within the class itself. Being able to freely change abilities on the go, along with items just being too general means my witch is just like your witch. While, I'm against the whole, level up your character again, I firmly believe items should break or make builds. When items are too general, it can be applied to every build and class. Increase melee damage applies to all melee builds in Diablo 3, so that affix applies to nearly all barb builds. I've never said to my friend that my character is unique, if hey saw my build they just switch around a few things and we have nearly identical abilities. That is a core fundamental problem of that game that i can't get over. Abilities being tied to weapon damage despite what class it is or ability is a huge flaw. Requirements of items being so low or general that anyone can use it means that it can be swapped to whichever build/class you want.

So is it abilities being class's exclusive that kills diversity or the items that tend to apply to all builds that kill diversity. Classes should have some form of exclusive incentive like a few select abilities or passives. However, abilities need to be unique in more than just damage; playstyle and scaling. if all abilities scale on the same thing, i.e. A weapon, that will kill any diversity because you will choose the optimal one. When all abilities require the same type of scaling, you kill diversity.

My opinion so far of ascendancy classes is that it will prompt unique builds for classes. This game while having problems with damage affix, also has enough unique affix that cover he problems D3 can't. Will you see a maurader going for a bow build anymore? Probably not but you will see said build in a ranger class with different variety of said built based of players/items.
Kinda? But not really
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info