BERSERKER GARBAGE AND HERE IS A WAY HOW TO FIX IT

DUAL WEILD TWO-HAND WEAPONS :D
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Here is the way to fix your post: Disable capslock.

As for the rest: No.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
If you think berserker is garbage you are really bad at evaluating power. Cloaked in savagry is the strongest defensive thing I have seen. Triple vinktar leech amount autoproccing when you need it most.
"
Gravethought wrote:
If you think berserker is garbage you are really bad at evaluating power. Cloaked in savagry is the strongest defensive thing I have seen. Triple vinktar leech amount autoproccing when you need it most.

so im pretty sure youve seen little

Cloaked in Savagery is a noob trap node of epic dimensions.
a) it is conditional so it might be so that it wont do anything when needed (few rapid 19% hits wont trigger you, you die)
b) it is not needed because it is 100% damage leeched as life and that means it saturates the leech cap instantly
c) marauder is VERY far from Vaal Pact and ONLY WITH vaal pact this node makes any sense whatsoever (ATziri's gloves are for crit hits only and Vintakar is stand-alone flask that does not need this node)
d) if you have vaal pact you do not need 100% nor 1000% damage leeched as life, as the mere few % you already have is perfectly enough given how most encounters look like, that you have flasks etc

not to mention that to take it you have to take that preceding fluff node '2% CONDITIONAL leech'. great. it is 100% waste of a node. it is conditional, so you HAVE to have another leech source. if you have another leech source why bother with this node at all? oh yes, you have to as you want to pick the Cloaked. this entire row is a noob trap and people who take it will regret every point spent as it will work (because well you kill all the time and the savage hits keep coming) just up to the point when it wont and you die. in a game with so short time-to-die any conditional bonus is as good as no bonus.

the only two nodes worth taking are the Rite of Ruin (reduced damage intake, immune to stun) and Crave the Slaughter (conditional but in a good way - 10% ms or 25% aspd)

the 100% attack damage nodes (2.5 good jewels) has a DRAWBACK! assassins +100% more crit and 3.5% base crit doesnt but for some reason Berseks 'big, meaningless number' node has one? just why?

is 5% players playing melee 4% too many?

id like anyone to come with any kind of a scenario where these berserk nodes will make a build significantly better. you know, just name a reason why to take this class instead of the other Marauder class that has more good nodes than points to spend..
You are really shortsighted if you can't see the merit in a vaal pact build comboing with this node, hell you can set up a cast when damage taken link that can heal you instantly when you take a hit worth any concern.
I think Melee gameplay needs more impact instead of power.

People tend to chose spell caster because they're fun, quick, and (sometimes) even tanky.
It's the same with Rangers but forget about the "tanky" part.

Melees are just boring. They're clunky, they die as easy as a Spellcaster or Rangers sometimes, and they don't have any appeal imho.

You just walk through the map smashing stuff. The interesting part about Melees are the Facebreakers gloves, that's actually the only melee i like to play lol
Stun is a fun mechanic too, but not as much explored as i expected it would be. I don't even have to say that elemental damage destroys melee. Armor is too specific and isn't even that good against big physical hits if you ask me.

Maybe if melees had something that the other classes can't have, it would be more appealing.

Rangers simply DEVOURS maps.
Spellcasters have a huge versatility.
Melee have... damage? But damage is nothing if you can't run faster enough to encounter the next pack, and rangers does this very well. They one shot packs and go to the next in half a second. I'm not really a fan of bow characters, but damn, rangers in this game are extremely addicting. The only thing i hate about rangers are the evasion, and evasion sucks as always. But their clear speed almost balance that.

This is my opinion about melees, doesn't mean it is truth. There's a bunch of fun melee builds out there, i just think the core of the melee gameplay needs more appealing. And I also agree that both of the Marauders ascendancies doesn't reach the level of awesomeness of some of the other sub-classes. Elementalist is garbage (imho) tho.

I don't think dual wielding two handed weapons would fit PoE, because OpieOP Two handers, but i think it could be something like One Hand a Two Handed Weapon while using a Shield or One Hand Two Handed Axes only, or Two Handed Maces only, or even get a threshold: "With at least 1500 Strength you can wield Two Handed Weapons OR Axes OR Maces with one hand."

It needs a lot of drawback to make it work properly. Maybe reduce the effectiveness of the mods of the weapon ? Idk. Needs some tuning, but it would be definitely fun.
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Feb 8, 2016, 4:28:22 PM
Don't listen to a nuub!

Just wanted to say that before i go to sleep, way overtired.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Don't listen to a nuub!

Just wanted to say that before i go to sleep, way overtired.

I don't think I should say how you should behave on a forum... But, this kind of post isn't constructive at all. Please, next time try to give a proper feedback, just an advice from a friend, you're helping not only the OP, but you either. Because if GGG pays attention to this thread, everyone on the game will be affected by OP ideas.

Thanks, have a nice sleep =)
Dream with me !
Dual-wielding Two-Handers is what Kaom's Heart should have done instead of that Spike-focused life bonus.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 12:09:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info