Can my Ice Crasher reach 100? (edit) votes saying he won't :(

I made it to lvl 100 solo in Warbands on my Sweeper, a skill fairly similar to Ice Crash. Admittedly, leveling during that league was somewhat easier thanks to higher xp gain from 79+ maps.

Link to that build/gear/stats in signature in case you want to compare.

lvl 100 is only an optional goal for the most dedicated players. look at Standard ladder to see how many chars were made to lvl 100 in past three years. it takes very long. it is not only the huge xp number needed, but also fighting xp penalty due to difficult high map sustain given by the game design, severe death penalty pushing you hours back, as a melee, youd need very good gear and playstyle

you can make many different strong builds to lvl 85 in the time (and currency) you would need to lvl one character from 85 (or even 90) to 100
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:33:10 PM
One or two times per level is about right.

I didn't die once 89-90, but ran whites at 80% o don't know if that counts, and that was without my 6 gems being at 20, they were 19/20.
I'm not too worried about sustainability at 10s since I make enough curencny with 2c recipe.

Also, I have 93 exalt pure, 10 ex in other currency and 5-10 ex in saleable items, so I have the money to do it, and was wondering if it's worth investing in a 6L with fortify as the sixth, and to buy better weapons/ jewels?

I was wondering if there are any mistakes in my passive tree and if any other gear needs upgrading.

Trouble is I HATE dying even at late 80s, which doesn't bode well.

Ice crash is pretty cool, as mobs are frozen a lot of the time.

I'm wondering how I'd do when my gems reach 20/20, and whether I could improve my jewels - i have 4 slots.

I like my exalts though and wouldn't want to spend 20, just to get to something annoying like 94.

I guess no-one can hazard a guess as to how many 9s and 10s it would take to get to 100.

Maybe trying a reaver, or a non-melee build would be better.

It's a tough decision though, but I like a challenge.

Although some say getting to 100 with ice crash would be impossible.

BTW, I think chiselling isn't worth it as I can sell 160-170 for an ex that I could spend on maps.

I really hate dying though, so maybe it would be too painful in the mid-nineties.

Any thoughts on passive tree/ gear would be useful.

TLDR are my passives shit?
Is my gear shit?

Last edited by Turniphead2 on Feb 11, 2016, 1:19:37 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:33:24 PM
Thx for the response.

I could do that, butt the point is, I'm wondering whether I can get to 100, and don't want to spend 16ex getting to 94 lol.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:33:54 PM
@Turniphead2

You are obviously very good in earning currency and can buy decent items but surprisingly your build has many sub-optimal parts:

gem socket groups are unfinished, you even have free slots. I cant see much synergy between skills nor the utility there

you reserve extra 10% of your mana to get negligible extra damage from hatred. where is your 2nd buff that reserves mana?

you seem to prefer elemental damage scaling despite the fact your build scales off physical damage and the phys is better source in general, because it is not subject to be reduced by enemy resist and has easy leech ability. added cold damage gem is pretty far from optimal

also have no idea why have you decided to dual wield swords. If wanted to dw ice crash in this tree location, Id choose axes, they have more damage and have strong damage passives including onslaught chance. with better 1H+shield youd gain much survivability and not lose too much dps. good 2H would mean much more damage and a bit less survivability (than current dw)

you are not supposed to need mana flask with such build. granite flask of iron skin makes a big difference

ignoring additional phys damage reduction (mainly endurance charges) is a big slap in your survivability's face. You also do not have that much armour passives (considered current low armour base)

having decent attack speed mod on gloves would likely outperform your added damage support gem in main setup

some of the gear pieces look more like a gear of someone doing couple of c budget build

many other details

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 11, 2016, 2:08:25 PM
@Entropic_Fire Thanks for this and for the encouragement.
I'll look into this, but would I have to test on t10s? my math is terrible and I'm not sure how to come
up with the figure your'e after.

@Ludvator

Thanks for that long reply adn is really the advice I was searching for.

added cold damage gem - what would be better?

I have 2,4 attacks per second; would this be lost with axes, and why would axes give me more damage.

I dont know much about endurance charges, or what skill procs them.

Please tell me what's missing on my Helm/boots/gloves and I can buy better.

I have free slots because I was facerolling up to 88/89 and didn't need the slots (which I obv would if was to go further than 90.)

What gear attributes would u suggest I get?

TYVM for your long and interesting answer.

Without mana nodes, I need the mana flask. With mana nodes, I lose dps.

IS it worth endurance charges in replacement for dps?

TY for both answers.

Turnip
You should replace the dagger with a shield ASAP. It doesn't look like it's doing anything for you worth giving up 30+% block, 100 life, and defenses for.

IC is usually MPD, AF, Fortify, FA as a 5L.

Some people go Conc/IncrAoE, but it's hard on int and likely not worth the sockets compared to Fortify.

You should almost certainly be running: Hatred, Blasphemy+Warlord'sMark as your two auras unless you have a really good reason to run anything else.

Your flasks are curious. 3 life flasks is totally overkill. 1 Seething (of Staunching) covers the majority of life flask usage when you have leech, and maybe something like 1 Perpetual of <random immunity> to just keep running to augment regen/leech.

Past that, I would expect to see a Granite of Iron Skin and 1-2 elemental resist flasks (or Atziri's Promise/ToH/Rumi's).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info