Can my Ice Crasher reach 100? (edit) votes saying he won't :(

Hi

I designed an ice crasher that started off as a cold snap guy and converted him - got him to 90.

He's doing ok on t10s blue rolled, clearing quite fast, but much faster on t9 t8.
But I can't do alched.

Res is capped
Armour 33%+ Light coil.

And his gems will level to 20 soon. They are at 19/20 atm.

Life 5777

Dps is 25370 at gem lvl 19/20. with 3 chrges. which doesn't include area dmg.

My 21 enfeeble is always being used and helps a lot.
Light coil is helping a ton.

My gear is crap - any advice on which part to change would be v. helpful.
Also I think my passive jewels are crap ...

Question is - are t10s sustainable on rolled blues, (including the currency I make per map and C recipe.)
I can get 10s for 3-5c

I hate spending my hard earned ex.
Are my weapons good enough?

And i clear pretty fast - how long (very very roughly)would it take me to hit a hundred doing t8s- t10s?

And are there any obv ways to improve the char?

TYVM for any advice.
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Feb 10, 2016, 3:32:39 PM
Anyone?
In general, no. It's not worth it to try and take a melee character to 100, even with that much AoE.

It's far faster (if you're just trying to get a L100 as a status thing, or as a completion/achievement thing) to roll a ranged archer/caster and just blow through T6-10 rare maps without paying attention to the mods.

T10s are barely sustainable blue. Yellow (specifically looking for packsize/quant mods) is much more realistic.

---

That being said, what about rare maps scare you? Which mods can you not do?

Where's your gear listed?
Reach level 100 is not a matter of good equipment. Not even about having a good build. It is a matter of time (being solo player). Or a little less time (playing party)...
But make no mistake. Time, as we all know, is relative. For some, level 100 is 2 weeks and for others are 2 years...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Wow Melee sucks that bad huh - interesting - maybe I'll roll a caster -was thinking of that anyway.
Cant do
Temp chains
No life regen
Phys ref
Ele ref
Have trouble with triple shots.

People spend 2 yrs going to 100?

BTW i forgot to say I play only solo.

Does my character sheet not show up?

TY for the answers so far...
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Feb 8, 2016, 2:38:07 PM
"
Turniphead2 wrote:

People spend 2 yrs going to 100?

And more... Most end up realizing that it will take more time than they are willing to spend in something so boring. If the matter were easy would be full of characters level 100, but there are only 647 in Standard. 647 in 3 years... That says all.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
BTW i forgot to say I play only solo.

Melee solo?

I guess you like hard mode.

Yeah, I agree with the others. It's 99.99% a time commitment, especially if you go with the "quickly clearing lower maps" as opposed to "slowly clearing higher maps" style of exp gain. (And I do recommend doing exactly that. The risk of death >>> any gains from high maps, other than economic gains from grabbing ilvl84 items.)
I'm no expert, I have not seen your tree and I have not seen your equipment. But with 30 seconds reviewing your skills I can say without fear that you will not get to level 100...

IceCrash is a skill with large radius and hinders visibility. Passing level 94 or 95 at any second of carelessness an extra flicker due to fatigue or boredom you'll be in the middle of a pack of dead "bearers" and you will not have time to escape. The lack of movement skill to escape quickly is unforgivable in a high level melee character. If you want to get to 100 you have to be prepared and for the moment you are not prepared.
thx for the reply - glad i posted.
getting to 90 wasnt that hard, but i dont want to spend 2 yrs lvling to 100 lol.
i cant believe people actually do that...
You cant do it with ice crash but you can do it with reave or cyclone.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info