Are witches' not supposed to go CI or what?

After looking at the new witch subclass I seriously feel betrayed because CI(keystone closest to witch) when worked together with melee phys dmg on full life gem seem no longer optimal for her.

Neither of witch subclasses cater to melee nor ES. And it is not just about melee, any wand users looking to min max their char would go for shadow rather than witch which is odd in my opinion.

I mean what the hell.
The reason why i went with CI reave on my witch in the first place was because her starting nodes were ES and was close to CI keystone.

I only play in standard as I do not have much time to play and want to keep my progression. I am not making this thread so they can babyfeed me stuff I want but because i really believe that her new subclasses are so bad compared to others in most builds i can imagine maybe with exception of coc/mjolner discharge.

Also please dont give me the argument "but you can use offerings on your melee witch" because to be honest, its pretty shit for any stick+board witches because you can get max block with rumis pretty easily anyway.

Wand users = shadow
CI crit = shadow
Single spell caster = templer

What the fuk?
What exactly is the theme of witch?
Summoner or go home?

This is infuriating.

Sorry for rant I had to vent somewhere.
Please GGG let witches be witches and use their wands/ES/and spells

Summoner for life bro
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Summoner for life bro

Sure seems that way.
"
DDseedFoot wrote:
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Summoner for life bro

Sure seems that way.

Tbh i might try the elementalist witch when the exp releases or ill just go wanderer in the new league lol.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Why was this thread moved away from discussion?

This isnt just about gameplay. It is about the witch ascendency class as a whole.

I dont like this
There's still a third class to be revealed, I'd be surprised if it doesn't have some ES bonuses.

Also necromancer looks pretty good for melee CI.

Mistress of Sacrifice -> Bone and flesh offering for big damage and defense bonuses
Spirit eater -> Increased damage on top of that when you use the offering skill
Commander of darkness -> your auras give you more damage
Flesh binder -> physical damage reduction for having zombies out, good defense and lack of physical damage mitigation is a major shortcoming of CI.
Pretty confident the last witch class will be something curse/wand/es related from the dark gloomy leave me alone lookin witch splash art.

Also the splash art had her holding a wand!!! So, keep ur hopes up.
Last edited by SIQI on Feb 5, 2016, 5:19:06 PM
"
SIQI wrote:
Pretty confident the last witch class will be something curse/wand/es related from the dark gloomy leave me alone lookin witch splash art.

Also the splash art had her holding a wand!!! So, keep ur hopes up.

Yea i am really wishing for a REAL witch subclass other than summoner with the third one
It has been vaguely said by Rory and Zeno on the podcast that the third witch subclass is very likely to be attack damage based (wouldn't be surprised if there was some ES in there too).

Generally though (cred to Boem for posting something like this) each class's subclasses fit into three general categories:
(using shadow as an example)
soft niche - Assassin - crits

hard niche - Saboteur - traps/mines

generalist - Trickster

The current witch classes likely are hard niche (necromancer) and either generalist or soft niche. Which means soft niche or generalist is left.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
the Elementalist (after closer look) is super strong, even for attack (even melee) witches

I also was expecting something else, there are so many witch-related things left now.. ES, curses (would like "Curses can affect curse immune monsters at 50% effectivness"), AoE, crit (power charges), spell damage

looking at what lefts, I cant understand the Mastermind of Discord decision. Unless I miss something, it seems very niche, basically for Discharge (ele hit, wild strike?) or trigger gem builds.. I dont think there are many players who alternate damage skills on regular basis manually

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info