Alternate way to level?

"
reliq wrote:
I'd love to have a way to skip the acts but I suppose this is not happening:
1- they would rather invest in new content
2- how to manage those +1 skill tree point from quest ?
3- same with bandit rewards

The best is what they promised before, 10 acts with 1 difficulty ! I don't know why this is not the focus, this should have been done before the ascendancy classes.

It takes them 1 year per act and acts add nothing to the game as a whole. You play thrice cause you have to and never again unless you want to relegate yourself to lake farming. They wasted millions on A4.

They should stop making new acts and keep adding new content: classes, gear, skills, end game maps etc.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 5, 2016, 1:52:41 AM
+1 to the OP. One of the problems of PoE.

You should be offered the option to play / skip the main campaign.

An alternative way could be to play maps straight away, adjusted to your level. (Yes, this is one of the things D3 does very well ).

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 5, 2016, 1:53:12 AM
so you want a fully geared fully leveled character without even starting the game? let alone playing for 2 mins?

no wonder I left d3 3 years ago what a joke

"
stipen wrote:
so you want a fully geared fully leveled character without even starting the game? let alone playing for 2 mins?

no wonder I left d3 3 years ago what a joke

not sure what you are talking about, go back and play D3. You start at level 1, you can do the campaign, rifts and bounties as ways to level. Where did I say anything about a fully geared fully leveled character. I still gear up just the same, lets just say that POE had a random mapping system that scaled to your level. And in town you clicked join, it would create a random zone scaled to your level and you could clear it and start a new one. You get gear like normal, farm materials and etc.

I love the D3 way of playing, but I love the depth of POE, something to cross over would be awesome, I know I am in the minority, I just have no desire to play starting from a beach again thru every zone again on each difficulty again.
"
reliq wrote:

The best is what they promised before, 10 acts with 1 difficulty ! I don't know why this is not the focus, this should have been done before the ascendancy classes.

I would guess that having a normal and merciless diff would be better than a single one, since there is a need for a lower diff content for new players.

And how on earth do you know that it is a part they are not focusing on? Just recently I heard them say on a podcast that currently the next 3 acts are in different stages of progress.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
reliq wrote:

It takes them 1 year per act and acts add nothing to the game as a whole. You play thrice cause you have to and never again unless you want to relegate yourself to lake farming. They wasted millions on A4.

They should stop making new acts and keep adding new content: classes, gear, skills, end game maps etc.

Complete bullshit! Half of the current players would've been bored to death if we didn't get Act 3, Act 3.5 and Act4. 60-70% of the bosses we kill these days came with those acts, a huge amount of skills, mob types and map terrains were also made for them...
We need an alternate way of leveling that isn't mindless grinding through easy content. Once you've been mapping with a character, the rest of the game seems really easy. (except for cruel act 4, merci act 4 doesn't count because there is no point in playing through it) We need an alternate way of leveling that is challenging and fun.
"
reliq wrote:

IMO, the earlier acts are far more enjoyable than the later acts. If PoE eventually ends up with 10 acts and one difficulty, they will need to have a way to run any of the previous acts at a higher difficulty (no, maps do not cut it for variety) or they will lose a very large percentage of their players.

I would wager that a decent chunk of the players that don't want to play the earlier acts would be perfectly fine with a "Instantly Level to 80 and Start Mapping Now!" Button in PoE.

Let me put it another way -

Let's say GGG forced everyone to start out mapping (level 1 to level 60 maps) and then you could start playing in the actual acts, which went from level 68-82. I would again, wager that the same players that don't like repeating the acts would be very unhappy about having to map, when all they really want to do is play in the different acts.

TL/DTAI - A lot of players just want to be playing at whatever the max #level, max rarity loot is - whether that is level 37 or level 93,327,119. If they were playing at level 93,326,000 they would be very unhappy.

The game needs more variety, not less. The new content for Ascendancy will add some fresh new excitement to the game. I think GGG is on the right track with this kind of addition.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
reliq wrote:

Complete bullshit! Half of the current players would've been bored to death if we didn't get Act 3, Act 3.5 and Act4. 60-70% of the bosses we kill these days came with those acts, a huge amount of skills, mob types and map terrains were also made for them...

Are you talking about koam daresso and malachai? People must be grinding those T15 bosses more often than i thought.

I agree about the map layout and sub bosses but if GGG can cut cost from making the act itself but still create new end game content (bosses and layouts), QoL improvements, trade improvements, graphic optimization, that would be far preferable than a rushed act.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I like where dalilama is going

imagine running a lvl 90 act 1
lvl 95 act2
lvl 100 act 3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info