inb4 thread

inb4 theres so many uniques you want a rare item to drop

inb4 they make 1.5 month leagues because people are fully geared in a week destroying content

inb4 I have to get a masters degree just to make sure I picked right char/tree/flasks/skills/supports/other tree/ just to kill stuff with no one shot dead

any one have any?
inb4 inb4 threads.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
3 interesting points which probably deserve a separate thread of their own.

in poe, "unique" item just means that it can have mods that rare items can't have. the game doesn't make that clear to new players who, due to their previous game experiences, expect them to be "uber items" as one can see in many posts by new and unexperienced players who regularily despise them as "vendor trash".
of course can they be vendored, they give pretty good currency in return.

from my personal feeling the development of the game more and more favours nolifers and disadvantages casual players. game got so complex and there are so many things to do to be successful. masters require you to login daily to level them so their crafting tools bring usable results ... can you still play the current leagues with 10h/week and reach endgame in temp leagues?

more complexity of the skill/item system is not a bad thing, it reaches it's limits when users have to exploit it fully to get satisfaction from their game experience, it needs to stay possible to just put some related gems together and finish the regular game (reach maps).

and when it becomes so complex for devs that it gets impossible to balance the game anymore because thy can't recognize interactions of all item properties anymore.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 4, 2016, 5:43:17 AM
"
stipen wrote:
inb4 theres so many uniques you want a rare item to drop

inb4 they make 1.5 month leagues because people are fully geared in a week destroying content

inb4 I have to get a masters degree just to make sure I picked right char/tree/flasks/skills/supports/other tree/ just to kill stuff with no one shot dead

any one have any?

Possible - wonder when will be the wake-up call for GGG. :P Not that I don't like all these uniques, but it seems there are some that needs some love. Not talking about low level ones, since they have their uses.

Now, the funny part. You say that content gets easier, because people destroy everything. But at the third point, you say that anyone who destroys content (get right stuff, and so on) have masters degree...

So we will have bunch of people with masters degree! That is great!

These were only 3 lines, but you managed to contradict yourself... lol.

Spoiler
I have masters degree. TEEEHEEEEEEE
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
vio wrote:
3 interesting points which probably deserve a separate thread of their own.

in poe, "unique" item just means that it can have mods that rare items can't have. the game doesn't make that clear to new players who, due to their previous game experiences, expect them to be "uber items" as one can see in many posts by new and unexperienced players who regularily despise them as "vendor trash".
of course can they be vendored, they give pretty good currency in return.

from my personal feeling the development of the game more and more favours nolifers and disadvantages casual players. game got so complex and there are so many things to do to be successful. masters require you to login daily to level them so their crafting tools bring usable results ... can you still play the current leagues with 10h/week and reach endgame in temp leagues?

more complexity of the skill/item system is not a bad thing, it reaches it's limits when users have to exploit it fully to get satisfaction from their game experience, it needs to stay possible to just put some related gems together and finish the regular game (reach maps).

and when it becomes so complex for devs that it gets impossible to balance the game anymore because thy can't recognize interactions of all item properties anymore.

Agreed.

I vote for No-Unique Item League.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
^ Great. Now there is total 5 of you!

I'm sure GGG will get to it, right after Self-Found League, that other 30 people want!

/s

Why fix unique items, when we can simply get rid of them, right? :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
^ Great. Now there is total 5 of you!

I'm sure GGG will get to it, right after Self-Found League, that other 30 people want!

/s

Why fix unique items, when we can simply get rid of them, right? :D

It can be a temp. league.
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
I hope people will one day realize that they don't NEED stuff to play this game. It's so much more fun to simply play with the stuff you find.
inb4 Queen of Padlocks
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I hope people will one day realize that they don't NEED stuff to play this game. It's so much more fun to simply play with the stuff you find.

That, or maybe play around with skills they like, while finding ways to counteract their weakness, getting new gear/reallocating their skillset until they have something decent and generally have fun and feeling of progression?

Nah, who am I kidding, just watch the stream, copy the build and run Arid Lake for hours. That's what pro nolifers do for living so it must be fun, right? Right?
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Feb 4, 2016, 9:21:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info