[2.2.2]Elementalist Mjolner: Life and armour - EE/RT - Getting a buff for 2.3!

Thanks for the response, also what does discharge scale with? And what is molten strike for?

Does it proc something? Sorry I missed that explanation.
IGN - Imgur
"
Madbeats wrote:
Thanks for the response, also what does discharge scale with? And what is molten strike for?

Discharge scales well with spell damage and elemental damage nodes. AoE nodes can be used to scale it as well but I do not take any. Molten strike is the skill we use to gain huge amounts of hits on enemies to gain power charges and proc Mjolner and the spells socketed into it.

Last edited by BurninBodies on Mar 16, 2016, 8:28:21 PM
"
BurninBodies wrote:
"
Madbeats wrote:

Discharge scales well with spell damage and elemental damage nodes. AoE nodes can be used to scale it as well but I do not take any. Molten strike is the skill we use to gain huge amounts of hits on enemies to gain power charges and proc Mjolner and the spells socketed into it.

Thanks! What do you think about dual wielding Mjolnir?

also, why dont you spec into more endurance/power charges in skill tree?
IGN - Imgur
Last edited by Madbeats on Mar 17, 2016, 4:43:44 AM
"
Madbeats wrote:
"
BurninBodies wrote:
"
Madbeats wrote:

Thanks! What do you think about dual wielding Mjolnir?

also, why dont you spec into more endurance/power charges in skill tree?

I've speculated a dual wield Mjolner build but probably not a discharge build since you really need the defensive mechanics of a shield. Maybe a double arc with Lightning Strike would be a good option or maybe a quad arc if thats even possible.

I run 5/5 charges, my tree does not show me taking two charges because of intuitive leap. 5/5 is ideal for non-legacy Mjolner because it is very possible to attain those charges before spending them.
Edit: This answer is useless sorry, i see you use it for clearing map.
But your build seems pretty good

Just Something i can add,
I was playing a mjolner build ( 1 or 2 month after atziri's go out ).
If you want a safer gameplay and a better clear speed, you can remove your LMP gem on your 6L ans put LightningStrike, you'll gonna have a sort of 2 5L. ( now lightning strike is green gem ^^, it's even better for swap )
Last edited by xMasaox on Mar 22, 2016, 7:02:38 AM
Thank you :) Much appreciated
Hi. I was planning to do this build. If possible, can you provide a tree progression? thanks :)
Hey. I have a Question about EE in this Build..
I think the way it should work is that Molten Strike hits first so the Enemy gets +25% Fire and -50% Lightning Resistance. But wouldn't it be better to leave it out so that the Fire Discharges from the Endu Charges do more Damage? Also, on longer Boss Fights, Arc will apply more Lightning Resistance to the Boss, or not? How does this work at all? When I try to Tank a Boss I look at his Mods most Times I will see "resists Lightning / resists Fire and vulnerable to COLD". What exactly is the Idea behind this? Sorry if I missunderstand something.
Bye the Way, really great Build! I can't wait to test (a Budget Version of) it :D
"
JTiYo wrote:
Hey. I have a Question about EE in this Build..
I think the way it should work is that Molten Strike hits first so the Enemy gets +25% Fire and -50% Lightning Resistance. But wouldn't it be better to leave it out so that the Fire Discharges from the Endu Charges do more Damage? Also, on longer Boss Fights, Arc will apply more Lightning Resistance to the Boss, or not? How does this work at all? When I try to Tank a Boss I look at his Mods most Times I will see "resists Lightning / resists Fire and vulnerable to COLD". What exactly is the Idea behind this? Sorry if I missunderstand something.
Bye the Way, really great Build! I can't wait to test (a Budget Version of) it :D

Hello, thanks for your question, I hope I can answer it efficiently. The idea behind using EE is that the damage you deal is around 70% lightning and 30% fire so the damage loss from the +25% fire resistance isn't really that big but the -50% lightning resistance really helps boost damage. And you're right Arc does apply +25% to lightning resistance to bosses but immediately gets reset once molten strike hits since Mjolner will not cast without a hit. The order of discharge and arc in your Mjolner is extremely important because that is the order they will be triggered. If discharge is before arc then it will apply +25% lightning and fire resistance, making arc do less damage(which is really unnoticeable) but if Arc is before discharge then discharge will do significantly less damage and you do not want that. Now, to your question about you seeing cold vulnerability; do you have any modifiers on your gear that adds lightning damage to attacks? This will be the only way you will see cold vulnerability along side fire and light resistance. I believe that covers everything, if you have anymore questions please ask.
im necroing this thread to try and find out the music used in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOhr18IW8ks
please help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info