[2.1] iao's Poison Blink/Mirror Arrow -- 3/4 Curses, 2s Full ES Recharge, 8k+ HP -- Videos

"
iao wrote:
That's insane. With that in mind I'm gonna have to think how to fit it in. The burst damage should be ridiculous.

So i played with the idea little more. I would go elemental mirror/blink arrow for this coz there is just not enough links to fit poison in it, i dont think at least.

Blink/mirror+trap+cluster trap+LMP+pierce(got buff in asc for MORE proj dmg)+minion dmg

Tree something like this poeurl.com/wSZ.

And the biggest decision is actually going shadow saboteur for chain reaction (when your trap trigger your nearby traps also trigger). This is huge coz u dont need to hit enemies with all the traps but just one is enough.

Also would go most likely Drillneck instead of soul strike but not sure yet.

Last edited by xprimalfuryx on Feb 27, 2016, 8:50:44 PM
Probably the best way to do it would just be sunblast+ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1588228 2 of these cheap construction to trigger them instantly.

You might have enough links for poison, best setup is probably arrow>trap>cluster trap>poison>something (not sure what best 5th link would be, maybe lmp or added chaos).

Maybe you could also get like 5 unstable payload jewels instead of minion damage rare ones and just have a 50% chance to spawn another 4 minions. Would be funny to see 30 arrow clones on the screen at once all shooting.

But yea I don't think ele would be best, just cause ele requires a lot of scaling with weapon ele+added lightning and it's hard to fit those gems in. Without weapon ele the damage is pretty meh on the clones.

Drillneck doesn't work with clones, so no point doing that.
IGN- FrOArrow
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
Probably the best way to do it would just be sunblast+ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1588228 2 of these cheap construction to trigger them instantly.

You might have enough links for poison, best setup is probably arrow>trap>cluster trap>poison>something (not sure what best 5th link would be, maybe lmp or added chaos).

Maybe you could also get like 5 unstable payload jewels instead of minion damage rare ones and just have a 50% chance to spawn another 4 minions. Would be funny to see 30 arrow clones on the screen at once all shooting.

But yea I don't think ele would be best, just cause ele requires a lot of scaling with weapon ele+added lightning and it's hard to fit those gems in. Without weapon ele the damage is pretty meh on the clones.

If u take the skill duration nodes which are mandatory for this build it also increases the trap duration as far as i know. So even if u have sunblast and the jewels it still has 90% inc duration so this wont work sadly.

U need both added chaos and poison in links and there is no space for it because without lmp u wont have proper clear speed.

Added light isnt nessesary at all. U get all your flat ele from wrath+anger+generosity. And weapon ele is just another multiplier which we have already a lot, now even more with another in pierce gem.

Drillneck does actually work with clones if u have pierce gem. They get all the stats drillneck have plus aroud 80% increased dmg from the pierce chance.

"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:

If u take the skill duration nodes which are mandatory for this build it also increases the trap duration as far as i know. So even if u have sunblast and the jewels it still has 90% inc duration so this wont work sadly.

U need both added chaos and poison in links and there is no space for it because without lmp u wont have proper clear speed.

Added light isnt nessesary at all. U get all your flat ele from wrath+anger+generosity. And weapon ele is just another multiplier which we have already a lot, now even more with another in pierce gem.

Drillneck does actually work with clones if u have pierce gem. They get all the stats drillneck have plus aroud 80% increased dmg from the pierce chance.

Ah yea that's true about the trap duration thing, didn't think about that. Wonder if it still works or not, probably not. Which basically forces you to go sabatour for chain reaction or else the build is awkward as hell. And even then you kinda have to go clever construction so your traps don't die which is way out of the way.

Still seems really awkward to play/gear for and not sure if it's worth it. Traps used to be the way this build was played until people found a better way. And the only thing really improving the build is no 20% less damage and 1 extra clone from cluster trap. And if you have to go sabatour you have to give up either occultist or necromancer which are both pretty big damage buffs to the build.

But yea about the ele version, I really do think the ele version is obsolete to the poison version. Ele version needs a lot of points in the tree/high level gems and a lot of scaling from weapon elemental damage before you really start seeing the insane damage. And even then it's not that much more than poison. Yes pierce does give a multiplier now, but even then pierce is like 25% multiplier compared to weapon eles 60% more multiplier.
IGN- FrOArrow
I think the gem links would have to be iterated upon over time to test out the options. But what I'm currently thinking is:

_____ Arrow + Poison + Trap + Cluster Traps + Minion Damage + Added Chaos Damage/Pierce (if Drillneck)

The reason is I only want it for the single target burst damage. Self-cast Blink/Mirror Arrow + LMP is already easily good enough for map clearing, so the only time the build will really need the Cluster Traps is for high map tier single target.

I'll probably use a Tabula for self cast Blink/Mirror Arrow (so it functions like 2 5Ls) and a 5L Lioneye's Glare with the trap links without Added Chaos Damage, switching to 6L Vis Mortis and 6L Lioneye's Glare eventually. When that happens I'd probably keep my 5L Lioneye's Glare and put it in the alternate weapon slot so I can have the current link setup unchanged then switch weapon sets when needed.

I'm hoping getting all the traps to trigger won't actually be much of a problem with proper clone placement and their knockback. That means there may be no need for Sunblast or other gimmicks. That especially requires testing though, of course. The lack of Clever Construction might be a problem.

In case anyone doesn't know, this setup is gonna crazy because traps don't share the cooldown of self cast. So adding this to the build has no drawbacks, it's just a straight buff for those that can meet the gear threshold.
same name in-game
Dunno without clever construction and saboteur chain reaction the trap clones will not work rly well. Traps will get destoryed all the time and fast moving bosses will only trigger like 30% of the traps on the ground.
I've played a lot of trap builds and can see it working to be honest. You can abuse the high chance to knock back to push enemies to the right location or you can run over them when kiting. It seems to be working okay with Multiple Traps so far with current testing. I might switch to Blast Rain for the Curse on Hit because of the 4 hits per use, which is great for knockback.

Also I think I'm going to be playing a different build on launch, but it's also Occultist so I may switch into this build at some point if I want to push for high levels. The main purpose of the initial build is to acquire wealth and items for this build anyways. I'll also respec a Witch on Standard to test things with my current gear.
same name in-game
What do you think about the Ranger Deadeye Ascendancy? Does the +1 Projectile work with the clones/minions?
I was told by someone it won't, so I don't think it's a very good idea. I would say the best options are easily Occultist and Necromancer. This is mainly because of their own ascendancy nodes, but also tree pathing is a huge factor. Starting as a Shadow for Trickster for example would be good for its ascendancy nodes, but you're also forced into a suboptimal use of points.

The build is working great in Perandus so far. No deaths yet and nothing's really come close in mid tier maps. I can largely attribute this to Enfeeble + Blasphemy which I'm using instead of Wrath. My fourth curse will be Temporal Chains, which will be applied on hit. I'd like to fit Arctic Armour in at some point if I can handle the mana issues. I've only got a Tabula and a low rolled Lioneye's Glare and I'm cruising through content.

The build has been buffed pretty hard and it's incredibly apparent. I'd like to talk more about that but will do it in the guide update and some planned videos. I'll boil it down to Vile Bastion, Profane Bloom, Wicked Ward (especially with Blightwell), and the buff to Projectile Weakness (almost double its previous damage scaling) being insane. I haven't gotten to trying traps yet in the new league however because everything dies quickly anyways.
same name in-game
Ok, then the Scion isnt the right choice for a non Trapper Blink/Mirror Arrow build anymore. The Ascendant Necromancer doesnt give a huge damage boost =( and for a non Chaos build, Occultist isnt the right choice neither. I need to say, i came from the Dariidar elemental build. But i like the poison low life idea from this build. My bad, i havent a high lvl witch to respec.
I think i try Necromancer and the skill point to the witch path. The last two points = +40 dex (Ranger) and the skill point...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info