GameSpot reveals the new Templar Ascendancy Class: The Hierophant

Interresting :=)
Last edited by ArcaneX on Jan 29, 2016, 2:47:09 AM
"
MEZIR wrote:

Yes... they don't do damage, but they will raise party damage.
If you are necromancer, you can use Spell totem (200% multiplayer) + unique jewel (60 reduced mana reserved) + mana pot and put 3 auras.

Glove - Spell totem + aura 1 + aura 2 + enlighten
Boot - Spell totem + aura 3 + enlighten + Artic armour
shield - Hatred + artic armour + enlighten
CHest - spectre
Weapon - Zombie

You should read more about aura totems, you use reduced mana on them as they have mana cost, not reservation. So with jewel and 20/20 reduced mana you place 50% aura totem for free.

Anyway, the more I know about Ascendancy classes the less I'm inclined to play in temp league then. So many things to do with my standard gear... so many...
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Looking forward to playing a lifeEsManaArmorEvasion-hybrid-Helephant with stompy and swordboard,
this one was a long time in the cooking pot.

Well, because managing 3 globes is way more interesting than only one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Casually casual.

Hello Design team.

Long time player and supporter here.

Can I request some... design?

I can tell you 100% that this power charge on kill and chance to gain endurance charge... is going to be completely abused, spammed, broken and complained about. 90% of the playerbase will use it in the next league, you'll nerf it into oblivion or remove it and then do exactly the same thing for the next league.

Why?

Can you just... actually design something with a little more... design?

I stopped playing this game during the awakening beta when your dev interviews said total opposite and hypocritic changes as to what was actually implemented and the detailed feedback and testing I gave felt completely ignored. It was frustrating to say the least but I came back after a long period of calming.

But just as soon as I came back, I realised why I left. I don't understand one inch of the radical changes you implement that you full well know are to be completely overused. You want to control the meta? I don't like being told what to play. The purpose of the skill tree and the dozens of mods and possibilities in the game is based around the concept that you can design and play what you want to.

Things like this just make me... sigh, its heartbreaking. A little common sense would stop this extreme over-powered fashions into extreme removals.
IGN- Lachleo
3.3 HC CI Cold Crit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2184026
Awakening Beta Build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1280231/
2.2 HC CI Cold Crit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1584182
Not a templay boy, also never play Templar.. But this class is epic as fuk! Sanctuary of Thought? Forget about Shadow and Witch! Templar I come for you on March!!!! :D

OverHyped again. GJ GGG
CI >> Life
"
Lachesys wrote:
I can tell you 100% that this power charge on kill and chance to gain endurance charge... is going to be completely abused, spammed, broken and complained about. 90% of the playerbase will use it in the next league, you'll nerf it into oblivion or remove it and then do exactly the same thing for the next league.

"
Lachesys wrote:
The purpose of the skill tree and the dozens of mods and possibilities in the game is based around the concept that you can design and play what you want to.

Yeah whatever you mentioned and especially the last one is the reason I'm playing this game for more than two years and I will be in the future. Also about the first, it's not bad to risk a bit. Yeah it may be changed soon, but it's ok. We like GGG and their sudden nerfs and OP buffs :P

So I have to disagree with you man.. [ no offence ofc! :) ]

Cheers
CI >> Life
GGG want to bring Kripp back by designing Templar Discharger ascendancy class. Interesting

I won't play grandpa, no matter what he gets, i play only good looking classes.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Lachesys wrote:

Voll's Devotion is very popular unique and for good reason. Personally I don't see anything wrong about having similar concept in form of ascendancy class passive. 10% chance to gain power charge on kill is nothing you can really rely on in terms of power charge generation. It only helps you sustain charges. But the chance to gain endurance charge when you gain power charge is nice. It's not as powerfull as Voll's Devotion for discharge builds but it's alternative way how to generate endurance charges from power charges with possibility to use Amulet slot for something else.

The Hierophant is very interesting class. On the other side it doesn't directly increase your dps as other classes do in some really insane ways. Think about it.
Well then. I though Empire's Grasp was out of my price range before. Just wait until people realize the combination stuff that culminates into basically 3/4/5 6-linked reversed Shockwave totems. Sure, one of the links are a lvl 11 Knockback and the other is only a level 1 Inc. AoE without the mana increase, but that one happens to stack with itself if you want a proper one.
Less damage isn't that big of a deal if you have more chances to vaccum people around, I feel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info