Tons of uniques

Bump
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
updated
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Some interesting suggestions swedishdough. I can only really comment on things I know well and use ie. things for my Totem Marauder. But from my perusing your list 1 item did stick out as being pretty bonkers OP.

Life Guard. Cannot be 1-shot... +1sec GODMODE to fill health to full again. Without an internal cooldown of like 10seconds on this items 'When you take 80% of life as damage, activate GODMODE' then I speculate it'd be too OP. Anyone else?

Fire Totem Scepter doesn't really get me excited either... I would never use it (at least not end game) because while it is essentially a 6 link scepter... one of the links is Life Leech which I never use as a Totem summoner because More damager > Totem leech. I can simply resummon totems if I need to. Also the scepter already gives 30% inc totem life... so yeah leech is a big meh for me.

Also I use the +1 fire skill gems chest atm on my 6-link + a wand that gives me more fire damage added to spells, cast speed and spell/fire damage... so scepter would be quite the downgrade (not to mention when you consider you're now limited to 1 totem instead of the 2 totem players usually get via Ancestral Bond). I think Doon Cuebiyari already does better as a Fire Totem Scepter - just not as the item for the skill links... I take it this item is to let you use Kaom's Heart or something? Be really tanky? Or for someone that isn't a Totem build to use a 6-link Totem skill + have a 6-link chest fire skill? Which wouldn't be too bad I guess... not sure. It's also on par with finding a Tabula Rasa somewhat in a new league/race as it unlocks the power of a 5-link for very little currency investment (so from that perspective it's good - I say 5-link instead of 6-link cos leech btw).

But if you were designing a Scepter for a Fire Totem build to use and keep using end game then I think it should be revised. Ditch the leech, change the only 1 totem to 'lower the active totem limit by 1' meaning you need Ancestral Bond OR upcoming Templar Ascendancy keystone Ritual of Awakening to summon totems. Also... if you want it as an end game damage option I'd say 200-250% increased fire damage might be a better bonus - heck make it 1000% :)

"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Feb 5, 2016, 6:33:41 AM
Bump
"
WARPAINTER wrote:
Some interesting suggestions swedishdough. I can only really comment on things I know well and use ie. things for my Totem Marauder. But from my perusing your list 1 item did stick out as being pretty bonkers OP.

Life Guard. Cannot be 1-shot... +1sec GODMODE to fill health to full again. Without an internal cooldown of like 10seconds on this items 'When you take 80% of life as damage, activate GODMODE' then I speculate it'd be too OP. Anyone else?

Fire Totem Scepter doesn't really get me excited either... I would never use it (at least not end game) because while it is essentially a 6 link scepter... one of the links is Life Leech which I never use as a Totem summoner because More damager > Totem leech. I can simply resummon totems if I need to. Also the scepter already gives 30% inc totem life... so yeah leech is a big meh for me.

Also I use the +1 fire skill gems chest atm on my 6-link + a wand that gives me more fire damage added to spells, cast speed and spell/fire damage... so scepter would be quite the downgrade (not to mention when you consider you're now limited to 1 totem instead of the 2 totem players usually get via Ancestral Bond). I think Doon Cuebiyari already does better as a Fire Totem Scepter - just not as the item for the skill links... I take it this item is to let you use Kaom's Heart or something? Be really tanky? Or for someone that isn't a Totem build to use a 6-link Totem skill + have a 6-link chest fire skill? Which wouldn't be too bad I guess... not sure. It's also on par with finding a Tabula Rasa somewhat in a new league/race as it unlocks the power of a 5-link for very little currency investment (so from that perspective it's good - I say 5-link instead of 6-link cos leech btw).

But if you were designing a Scepter for a Fire Totem build to use and keep using end game then I think it should be revised. Ditch the leech, change the only 1 totem to 'lower the active totem limit by 1' meaning you need Ancestral Bond OR upcoming Templar Ascendancy keystone Ritual of Awakening to summon totems. Also... if you want it as an end game damage option I'd say 200-250% increased fire damage might be a better bonus - heck make it 1000% :)

i removed both of these items because they are to hard to balance
Lead cutter (a shortsword)
200-400 phys damage
8.0-8.5% crit chance
1.0 attack speed
(High stun chance 'mod')
High stun duration
20-40% crit multi
Socketed melee attacks have 15% phys pen and 15% inc crit multi
counts as 2h (but is not equipped in both visually)
10% reduced movement speed
The purpose of this unique is that the edge is so sharply cut and heavy that it slows you down but can also deal massive damage to litterally cut through anything
As for visuals it could look like a normal shortsword but with carvings and a gray aura surrounding it to sumbolize its massive power (a vibrating aura on sword works to)

Have you noticed how this 1h is better than most 2h unique swords?
Would it be op like you can achieve 500k dps? And totally destroy the "balance" where only things like blade vortex or blade fall can do 1.000k dps?
And where is the balance when a char has 5k life and does 500k dps?
My guess is balancing is long abandoned and is all about profit. Real profit.
Game was nicely started, but it become a mockery.
bump
bump
bump
gonna update and merge some stuff and modify others...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info