How Hard is Vinktar Square?

The slam attack of the melee sub-boss does a bit over 4.5k damage with 76% lightning resist. It looks like a discharge.
"
pathofnogf wrote:
The slam attack of the melee sub-boss does a bit over 4.5k damage with 76% lightning resist. It looks like a discharge.

is it a flicker strike or a charge like those shield guys and the dog in village ruin map? I think I can get out of the area fast enough to avoid, unless it's flicker and he just spawns on top of me
Last edited by Xaxarius on Jan 23, 2016, 8:01:07 PM
I understand not wanting to spoil your fight, but if you don't want to risk your 2EX you should probably watch some videos, there are pretty good ones out there.

I'm thinking you should be fine if manually avoiding is your strong suite, as most of their skills are either telegraphed like the discharges, on the slow side like ball lightnings and those roaming orbital lasers or immobile like static clouds or lightning glyphs. The hardest one to dodge is probably that revenant lightning barrage from the north boss and it does a decent bit of damage to boot.

The charge from the melee guy is like the dog charge, it's somewhat telegraphed and short of range but seems to have an AoE, hits for some 2k damage or so.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Xaxarius wrote:
"
pathofnogf wrote:

is it a flicker strike or a charge like those shield guys and the dog in village ruin map? I think I can get out of the area fast enough to avoid, unless it's flicker and he just spawns on top of me

It's like Voll's smash. You have time to get out of the way and the boss stands still for a bit over a second.
"
raics wrote:
I understand not wanting to spoil your fight, but if you don't want to risk your 2EX you should probably watch some videos, there are pretty good ones out there.

I'm thinking you should be fine if manually avoiding is your strong suite, as most of their skills are either telegraphed like the discharges, on the slow side like ball lightnings and those roaming orbital lasers or immobile like static clouds or lightning glyphs. The hardest one to dodge is probably that revenant lightning barrage from the north boss and it does a decent bit of damage to boot.

The charge from the melee guy is like the dog charge, it's somewhat telegraphed and short of range but seems to have an AoE, hits for some 2k damage or so.

this is great, thanks

I think I have the play style down pretty well for this BF trapper and can move. I've watched some vids before, will bone up on them again tonight and attempt tomorrow when tonight's vodka has passed through my system :)
"
pathofnogf wrote:
"
Xaxarius wrote:
"
pathofnogf wrote:

It's like Voll's smash. You have time to get out of the way and the boss stands still for a bit over a second.

ah ok,thanks. Flicker strikers mess me up. I can deal with the voll smash.
just did the map...not too bad. Died twice, once to exploding revenant corpses, once to VInktar himself when he was like 2% health, from across the screen (seems like a lag related thing, to be honest, probably whirling blades related)

ran with 4500 life, 83% lightning res, playing poison bladefall traps on a 5 link carcass jack.
Whirling blades and traps make this map very doable. Seems easier than atziri to me.

it was very exciting since I had never done it before, I love it.
Last edited by Xaxarius on Jan 30, 2016, 6:48:28 PM
Did the map for the first time today. Level 97 EQ Juggernaut. 8.5k life. 28k tooltip dmg with rapid decay. Dual curse but I pulled one (pretty sure the boss is hexproof anyway) to run PL for 79% lightning resist and used a topaz flask to get my lightning resist up to 85%. Never really needed the flask to be honest. Was able to tank the bosses explosion with well enough life left over (took off something like 4.5k).

Deathless. Didn't even need to switch to CE on my EQ. I don't even know how you guys think melee is so bad lol.

The map is filled with snakes and the lightning idiots with decaying proximity shields from Dominus' tower. They are easy to dispatch but if you don't go all in on lightning defense, can get a bit overwhelming.

The bosses are a joke. Just burst them down. The final boss plays very much like the whirling mini-boss from Atziri's trio. He whirls around, stops, lets loose some basics and then periodically charges, so just either tank it if you have the life or break off and wait till he discharges. The radius is about the size of Voll's sigil and you have a giant, open space to work with it.

I'd say if you can even remotely do regular Atziri, this is a bit easier or the very most, on par.

If you're melee, have a whack at it, it's not that bad if you have a decent build. I imagine a totem marauder would run circles around the bosses.
Deliver pain exquisite
How can I get this map wiki said it's unavailable trying to finish necropolis challenge and the doryani one
"
Odysseuspike wrote:
How can I get this map wiki said it's unavailable trying to finish necropolis challenge and the doryani one
Pretty sure this method still works. Buy the Agnerod staffs vendor them for map.

Just incase you were using old wiki here is the new one.
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/The_Vinktar_Square
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 18, 2024, 4:51:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info