[2.4] Crit DW Viper Strike - Deathless Core, Ms of DPS

thanks for the detailed reply. gonna try this out. something different ^_^
Hi m8,
Taking your build for a spin and I'm currently lvl. 60.

Ascendancy? I haven't been able to find your recommodations. I pressume you'd take the crit-path in Assassin?

Thx for your work.

Cheers

SilverVenom
Last edited by Ragnwald on Sep 15, 2016, 6:28:31 AM
"
Ragnwald wrote:
Hi m8,
Taking your build for a spin and I'm currently lvl. 60.

Ascendancy? I haven't been able to find your recommodations. I pressume you'd take the crit-path in Assassin?

Thx for your work.

Cheers

SilverVenom

Hey. Yeah, you can actually see the Ascendancy points if you go to the tree and click on the pop-up Ascendancy wheel (it's the little arrow connected to the Shadow class). I haven't really commented on the Ascendancy, since there are no other reasonable options - Assassin is the only one. And indeed, you take Deadly Infusion and Toxic Delivery.

You are welcome and good luck!
any chance to not die on hardcore ? just got 2 lucky hits on cruel at 64 lvl and died.
HP was 2080,daresso 5l. always using fortified + armor /evasion flasks.
Last edited by DarkVaox on Sep 15, 2016, 7:17:16 PM
"
DarkVaox wrote:
any chance to not die on hardcore ? just got 2 lucky hits on cruel at 64 lvl and died.

Were you using Blasphemy + Enfeeble, though? That is the biggest defensive bonus the character gets. Either way, this build is not HC viable. Although it is pretty safe for mapping - and my main character for rippy high lvl maps - the hp just isn't high enough for you to be 100% safe to unlucky bursts of damage. It could be HC viable with some tweaks, but since I don't play HC anymore, I couldn't really test it and say for sure.
yeah was defiance 5l/64 2080 hp, +3000 evasion +94% boost evasion / 3000 armor +94% boost armor from flasks + fortified / both auras was active enfeeble / vuln. and still died from cruels monsters.
can you rise your hp in this build atleast up to 6k+? maybe less damage a bit then.
Hi man, I'm loving this build. Currently level 80 in essence and my dmg isn't even near yours but my gear needs to be upgraded big time and still have to lvl up and quality up my gems. You said it has mediocre clear speed but for me after moving from flame totem it seems lightning fast. Surprised this thread didn't get more attention.
"
DarkVaox wrote:
yeah was defiance 5l/64 2080 hp, +3000 evasion +94% boost evasion / 3000 armor +94% boost armor from flasks + fortified / both auras was active enfeeble / vuln. and still died from cruels monsters.
can you rise your hp in this build atleast up to 6k+? maybe less damage a bit then.

Since you say you died in Cruel, it doesn't really matter how much life you would have at lvl95+. I don't have a detailed lvling guide (much less one for HC), so you are free to pick as many life/evasion/dodge nodes you want while lvling. Personally, I think that 2k HP for Cruel is fine and with Enfeeble and flasks up, you shouldn't have died (maybe some heavy elemental dmg from monsters outside of Enfeeble aura), but I wouldn't really say it has to do very much with the build. Sorry to hear that either way.

"
Hi man, I'm loving this build. Currently level 80 in essence and my dmg isn't even near yours but my gear needs to be upgraded big time and still have to lvl up and quality up my gems. You said it has mediocre clear speed but for me after moving from flame totem it seems lightning fast. Surprised this thread didn't get more attention.

Awesome! If you were to want even more clear speed, you can replace Viper Strike with Reave (replace Void Manipulation with AoE and Faster Attacks with Poison - or if you have Voidheart/wanna use Snakebites, you can leave the FA gem there). The clear speed is pretty good then.
"
Cabesi wrote:
"
DarkVaox wrote:

Were you using Blasphemy + Enfeeble, though? That is the biggest defensive bonus the character gets. Either way, this build is not HC viable. Although it is pretty safe for mapping - and my main character for rippy high lvl maps - the hp just isn't high enough for you to be 100% safe to unlucky bursts of damage. It could be HC viable with some tweaks, but since I don't play HC anymore, I couldn't really test it and say for sure.

Fantastic - thx again :)
"
Cabesi wrote:
"

Awesome! If you were to want even more clear speed, you can replace Viper Strike with Reave (replace Void Manipulation with AoE and Faster Attacks with Poison - or if you have Voidheart/wanna use Snakebites, you can leave the FA gem there). The clear speed is pretty good then.

I have actually made few changes in the way I play. I have replaced Death's Hand with this dagger
. It's not that great but the DPS is still few K higher than with Death's Hand with unholy might buff on.

I also have only 5L and I'm using 2 setups.

For clearing maps: faster attacks + melee splash + melee physical damage + culling + wild strike

Now, I found this to be far superior than reave with any other combinations including multistrike, void manipulation or rapid decay. Not using gems boosting poison as the thrash and blue die almost instantly and rare/essence mobs die withing few hits so there isn't really enough time for poison to significantly contribute. Wild strike scales great off physical damage and converts 60% of it to ele dmg, which also makes it great for phys reflect. It clears packs instantly and its lightning chains often kill mobs off screen as well.

As for bosses I currently swap 3 gems

Boss setup: faster attacks + melee physical damage + rapid decay + melee damage on full life + viper strike

So here I drop melee splash and get multistrike for that sweet unlimited poison stacking. Rapid decay instead of culling strike for poison dmg boost and obviously wild strike for viper strike. I don't think it is worth using void manipulation over rapid decay in 5L as the dmg inc is the same and poison acts quicker with RD.

Here is my current gear:

I know there is a tons of improvement to be made as all of it was really cheap like few C each or less (apart from 5L chest which was 30C).

My raw DPS in HO for bosses is 39k and raw wild strike setup dps for clearing is 28.5k, HOWEVER, the DPS shown for wild strike only includes initial hit and does NOT include the ele conversion part so the real DPS is 60% higher.

Any thoughts ?
Last edited by POEPete on Sep 18, 2016, 7:14:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info