0.9.5d Patch Notes

[Not complaining, just venting. Beta is what it is.]
"
Chris wrote:
We've reset your passive skills because of changes to the passive skill tree. Please take care when reallocating them.

The passive constellation would be incredibly compex if it were static. The fact it's ever in flux in very subtle ways is absolutely brutal! And having to respec each time, ugh what a chore. It's just hard when there's no good way to compare the constellation from version to version. Half of the changes you're talking about i can't even find, so it's all very nebulous (heehee).

"
Chris wrote:
Improved the sell value of many mods on identified items

Oh dear god almighty in heaven, down the drain goes the affix/shard/sell analysis spreadsheet i spent probly more than 10 hours on. Lesson learned! Gonna wait til release before doing that again. :)

"
Chris wrote:
The All Elemental Resistances passive has been improved.

Can someone give me a rough idea where this is located? More importantly, i only really need to know what % resist all it is.

"
AllanonTB wrote:
I often get disconnected when planning my skill setup.
To tell PoE im not idleing i drink flasks while browsing the endless passives.
We should take mouse movement into account to identify idle players for kicking.

That is not normal behavior at all. There must be an issue with your network or ISP. I can leave PoE running for an hour without touching my computer - when i get back i'm still there staring at the passive tree.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 29, 2011, 6:22:59 AM
"
kanchu wrote:
I like all the improvements (how I could not?) but I still have two things to whine about.
First is orbs of regret. I only have two or three for all my chars, I think, they were rare enough to find before the patch.

You can get Orbs of Regret for 2 Scouring or 8 Chance from Yeena.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
unsane wrote:
And having to respec each time, ugh what a chore.

I think passive resets are the best part of the patch. Free rerolls rock! It gets me back into the game every time. :)
All good, much appreciated as always, except this though;

"
Chris wrote:

• The All Elemental Resistances passive has been improved.

A bit too god imo, because now it suprass the benefit of getting reward for helping Kraithyn himself, which we would get +%8 all resist. normally. Now the reward we get left with no value at all. If i knew we shall get +12% elemental res. node, i would hesitate a lot since we would lose a skillpoint in this trade off. Now there is no reason left to not to kill all the bandits, and better yet taking skill point.

What i meant now Kraithyn should be giving you a more amount of ratio all res. boost than +12% in order to make us decide whether it worths or not, which is obviously the latter one. Please consider this imbalance.

Edit: Can i get my 3 skill points in return of %24 res. if this will not changed for sure ? :)

When shall we have monsters with decent res. and we get -resistance within for each difficulty ? The problem have always been that not us, but them lacking of resistance, even the ones that's implied as 'X Resistance'. Now this abuse still continues, I can still kill Fire Resistant monsters in one hit with my AoF lvl 50 mara in Merciless.

I just do not live any "challenge" especially against X element resistant monsters, just to let you know. Neither against Elemental Resistance aura monsters.

Please re-consider this stuation, thanks for reading.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Dec 29, 2011, 8:34:27 AM
the energy shield delay nodes were buffed from 10% to 15%, now being able to get 75%(previously 50%) energy shield delay from passives
is it possible to remove the delay now or were the mods on gear removed/altered to account for this.

if it isnt the life reg% will be one more thing to down grade energy shield.
if it is possible maybe now it may be possible to make a defensive Eshield witch?

is the elemental effect still based on max HP?
"
BrecMadak wrote:

When shall we have monsters with decent res. and we get -resistance within for each difficulty ? The problem have always been that not us, but them lacking of resistance, even the ones that's implied as 'X Resistance'. Now this abuse still continues, I can still kill Fire Resistant monsters in one hit with my AoF lvl 50 mara in Merciless.

It's because AoF is imba.

However I agree that resistance on mob is pretty weak. It should increase with difficulty.
The apparition of resistance in cruel difficulty makes it interesting, I'd like to see such a thing for later difficulties as well.

By the way, if it could reach immunity (or get close to it) to one type of damage, it would make AoF less overpowered.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
ptt_frmr wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
And having to respec each time, ugh what a chore.

I think passive resets are the best part of the patch. Free rerolls rock! It gets me back into the game every time. :)

For ppl testing builds i could see that. In my case i simply rebuild the same build, so i have to tediously re-enact what i had before. [Edit: the problem being, i have to detect the subtlest of differences in how the tree has changed. A tree with 1500 nodes! It's not an enjoyable process, especially when it occurs several times in a row like this, and for multiple characters. In any case, i want to reiterate i'm just venting, no response/change of methodology needed from GGG.]

"
BrecMadak wrote:
A bit too god imo, because now it suprass the benefit of getting reward for helping Kraithyn himself, which we would get +%8 all resist. normally. Now the reward we get left with no value at all. If i knew we shall get +12% elemental res. node, i would hesitate a lot since we would lose a skillpoint in this trade off. Now there is no reason left to not to kill all the bandits, and better yet taking skill point.

What if you want both for total 20% resist all? The Kraityn reward is not necessarily useless with the 0.9.5d change.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 29, 2011, 9:30:58 AM
Wow. Did not expect anything else till after New Year's. You guys are on the ball! Thank you so much for all your hard work.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." A. Einstein
Beta Testers = Insane
you guys should use the old skill tree and just add keystones to it.
I'm almost 100% sure that an unlisted change is a further increase in the Scroll of Wisdom droprate. I think it was fine in 0.9.5c and a bit too much now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info