0.9.5d Patch Notes

Version 0.9.5d
Notes:
  • We've reset your passive skills because of changes to the passive skill tree. Please take care when reallocating them.

Balance:
  • Improved the damage of all spells.
  • Improved the Multiple Projectiles Support Gem by decreasing the penalty to critical strikes for each additional projectile.
  • Improved the "Seething" flask prefix by reducing its penalty.
  • Reduced the drop rate of "Orb of Regret".
  • Reduced the price of flasks at vendors.
  • Improved the sell value of many mods on identified items
  • Doubled the yield of the vendor recipe that gives you Scrolls of Wisdom for low currency.
  • Added the ability to trade one Portal Scroll to receive one Scroll of Wisdom.

Passive Skill Balance:
  • Added occasional named notable passives which support core builds. Less popular passive tree areas have been reduced in number, consolidated and improved. Specific changes include:
  • Improved the Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence nodes in the centre of the tree to provide a much larger increase.
  • Added "Master of Wands" - provides a 50% physical damage increase for Wands.
  • The mana section of the Witch section has been modified to make progress quicker. Intelligence rewards above Flask and Energy Shield passives have been improved.
  • Elemental damage increases for the Witch have been reduced in number to allow quicker progress, but "Attunement" passives have been added with more damage and built in resistances to compensate.
  • Slight pathing changes have been made to the casting area of the Witch section and the Intelligence node north of it has been improved.
  • The Templar area has two new passives: "Esoteric Wisdom" with Cast Speed and Mana Regeneration, and "Holy Defence", which provides a significant boost to Intelligence and Strength armour.
  • Life regeneration has been changed to a percentage of life.
  • The All Elemental Resistances passive has been improved.
  • The Fire Damage passives in the Marauder section have been consolidated into a single node.
  • The Dual Wield group between the Duelist and Ranger has a "Dual Wield Mastery" passive added with significant bonuses.
  • Shield Mastery passives have been added to both the Duelist and Ranger sections.
  • The third Projectile Damage passive has been significantly improved to smooth the experience of early level bow rangers.
  • Several other minor changes have also been made to the tree.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug that would allow people to have too much control over the quality and socket links of items generated by the vendors.

EDIT: The "100% critical strike damage multiplier" on the poison-on-crit dagger passive is going to be changed to only apply to dagger attacks. Currently it applies to spells. We may not do a tree reset when this change occurs, so be careful when planning whether to pick that one.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 28, 2011, 10:38:00 PM
Sounds like a great patch Chris :) Thanks for the hard work!
Weee, buffs all around!

Also, Esoteric Wisdom sounds mighty useful. I think I'll grab it, I just wanted a massive regeneration/cast speed boost on my Witch.

+1 to Templar Armor buffing passive. Mechanically worst armor imo.
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 28, 2011, 9:58:22 PM
Cant wait to try out the new passives. I hope 40ish skill points is enough to at least grab one of them
hmm maybe I'll do something other than Blood Magic now ;p
Looks like the passive reset didn't work. I'm looking into it now.

Edit: We'll reboot the servers in approx 30 mins (hopefully less) to run the passive skill reset.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 28, 2011, 10:07:21 PM
I'm so thankful something was done to help low level rangers. They were terrible.
Sounds cool, cant wait to see that!!
Whowandsome, Lightning strike crit witch 90
Lubricus, Leap Mara 80
Rhagnagnus, On holidays shadow 90
Change six under "Passive Skill Balance" Slight pathing changes has been made to the casting area of the Witch section and the Intelligence node north of it has been improved.

Should be "Slight pathing changes "have" been made"

Good changes for today, looking forward to re-spending my passive points ><
Thanks for all the hard work! You devs seem like your working 24/7!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info