2.2 Self-Cast Crit/Proj Speed/Pierce Spark - 100k+ DPS - Fast Maps/Bosses/Atziri up to Tier 15

Well to those who are starting to recognize me at this point, hi! I have a new build again :D

I've always wanted spark to be a good spell and up until recently it's been absolute garbage. The buffs to spark giving it projectiles per level and some more damage have changed that.

I also wanted to make a change from most builds I make which tend to require that I stand fairly close to monsters(VMS, Ice Nova, Nova Incinerate, Firestorm Shower, etc). So I decided to go with projectile speed.

And with that, I can kill things 2-3 screens away. This is really important because it dictates how the build is going to work.

- No active curses because things die from really far.
- No immortal call since we can't run warlord's or get endurance charges.
- Heavy use of Vessel of Vinktar to ensure being reflect immune since you never see the reflect mobs.
- Purity of lightning, again for the reflect.

Videos
10 minute Labyrinth Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-V3svBKU-s

Full Abyss Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsQO_ZNQvr4

Full clear Atziri + how to do the fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYqfl7Omszo

Boss kill montage (T13 Wastelands, T12 Village Ruin, T12 Overgrown Ruins, T12 Shipyard, T11 Crematorium, Atziri Vaal Smashers, Atziri Trio) Let me know if you want to see anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kot7CgxM_Cc

4:00 Overgrown Ruin + fast boss kill (Looking at this again, I realize I completely forgot to turn on Wrath LOL.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWHrodk640

2:45 Arid Lake + 3:00 Gorge (this is really just cause I have pretty shitty move speed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_qQCCtpXkA

**2.2 disclaimer**
- The build now uses max pierce which increases the damage significantly (but it won't appear on your tooltip).
- Pierce now gives a "more" multiplier to projectiles.
- Occultist class allows us to gain power charges finally.
- I have adapted the tree accordingly.
- One of the helm labyrinth enchants is +3 projectiles to spark. Enjoy grinding that. I'll be doing the same.
- Vinktar has been changed which means you need legacy vinktars now.

Items

Projectile speed wands are mandatory. Try to get as much crit/spell damage as you can.

Lioneye's gives you a free level 15 peirce which makes this a 7L. If you can get a corruption like this and make the same investments I did in -max mana costs, you can run faster casting instead of added lightning for more sparks. More sparks, more chances to hit!

In a world where I shit mirrors, I'd get cast speed on the rings too, but mana regen is extremely important for this build. We're working with very little available mana after auras.

These are WAY underrated. They're absolutely amazing for this build too.

This is where you get your resistances. Try to get ES and/or armour since we get a good head start with our chest.

Flasks

Links

Faster Casting -> Flame Dash -> Summon Ice Golem (or fire, your choice!)
Flame Dash can be a bit slow without quality and faster casting and I like quality of life. Your golem is going to be self cast, so get a high level one.

Spark -> Spell Echo -> Faster Projectiles -> Lightning Penentration -> Increased Duration -> Faster Casting -> (Pierce)
If you cannot sustain the mana, you can replace Faster Casting with Added Lightning Damage.

Purity of Lightning -> Wrath -> Clarity (low level) -> Enlighten
Clarity at low level because you'll base this off of whatever mana you have left unreserved.
Purity is necessary for reflect and Wrath is an amazing damage buff.

CWDT (Level 2) -> Ball Lightning (level 5) -> GMP -> Knockback
This is a great defensive and simple setup that works well both in PvP and PvE. Monsters aren't attacking if they're being tossed around.

Molten Shell -> Rallying Cry -> Increased Duration -> Vaal Haste
Vaal Haste and Rallying Cry are amazing buffs with which you can have 100% uptime. This setup greatly boosts your speed and damage. Self-cast Molten Shell is here to add an extra layer of safety. Free 100% uptime armor buff. It lasts about as long as rallying cry in this setup which is 20 seconds +.

CWDT (Level 2) -> Arctic Breath (Level 5) -> Temporal Chains (Level 6)
Chance to freeze. Guaranteed slow + another slow. It's no immortal call, but mobs don't move much when this procs and it procs very often.

Notice I've taken some jewels with reduced mana cost of skills as well as 7 nodes. That combined with my mana regen perfectly evens out with my cost/cast speed. You can get more damage on jewels if you find mana regen elsewhere.

Ascendancy Class
The class is Occultist and the notables you'll be taking are:
Forbidden Power: Pretty simple. Power charge on crit and a free power charge. This is the main reason we're taking this class.
Profane Bloom: This is a perfect synergy with the curse on hit corruption from my gloves.
Wicked Ward: Of what's left in that class, this is the most bang for your buck. Free 100 base ES isn't too shabby.

Jewels

Don't hate too much, I never get lucky with yolo exalts so I barely ever get 4 modded jewels appropriate for me :(

Bandits
Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Kill all

Maps

Atziri
For the Vaals you just pop vaal haste and vinktar and blast em down before they can do anything.

For the trio, try not to kill the titty bitch last. Pretty easy otherwise.

For Atziri, you need an anti-shock flask to get rid of the negative effect from Vinktar. Preferably on your quicksilver because it can also be useful while mapping. You also need a random saffel's frame for the extra max resist. Once you've killed 2 split phases, let Atziri cage in order to refill your Vinktar(unless you're carrying 2 of em) and then finish her off.

Map mods that can be annoying:
- Ele weakness (Doable with proper use of Vinktar when there's a reflect mob)
- -Max resist (annoying even with Vinktar)
- Blood Magic (Seriously, fuck that mod)
- Ele reflect (Diablo with proper use of Vinktar.)
- Vulnerability (Make sure you always have your antishock flask up at the same time as vinktar otherwise 1 shots can happen)

Everything else is fine. Yes, even no regen maps. Just use your vinktar properly. I run no regen maps all the time.

Stats
Dps may not seem like much, but it's per projectile and some projectiles can hit each monster/boss more than once.
Stats

Conclusion
Spark is even more insane in 2.2! Enjoy it while it lasts.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Mar 21, 2016, 2:38:19 PM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2016, 2:49:49 PM
Would you guys be interested in a little montage of some decent tier bosses? Things like crematorium, overgrown ruin, village ruin, etc?
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Build seems really fun to play. Did you use Spark from the beginning?
"
Fieze wrote:

I never level characters (save for the odd level past 90 that I get sometimes when I bother).

I've been rotating between my 2 witches and my Scion which were already leveled so I just regret the skill trees.

I would assume you'd level with a different spell tho until you can get a decent amount of projectile speed.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 15, 2016, 9:35:25 PM
Bump
Awesome build!

Seems really solid for mapping, and a pretty relaxed playstyle. I thought it was really nice visually on the runs we just did...

Also, this setup is great for annoying/killing everyone brutally in pvp. I will not duel you again.
"
demopolos wrote:
Awesome build!

Seems really solid for mapping, and a pretty relaxed playstyle. I thought it was really nice visually on the runs we just did...

Also, this setup is great for annoying/killing everyone brutally in pvp. I will not duel you again.

Thanks! I made some pretty big changes today.

Namely removed Vaal Spark entirely.
Added rallying cry.
Improved the knockback ball lightning setup.
Added an extra CWDT defensive setup.
Free'd a socket in the auras wand and added Enlighten.

Overall dps increase of about 10k per bolt and much improved mana regen!
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 17, 2016, 4:08:09 PM
Added a montage of some boss kills!
What gem would you remove if you were to run it as 5L? Also, would it be viable as scion or templar, or will the witch outshine them?

Thanks!
IGN: ImreKiss
Last edited by ADAPT44 on Jan 18, 2016, 4:49:47 AM
"
ADAPT44 wrote:
What gem would you remove if you were to run it as 5L? Also, would it be viable as scion or templar, or will the witch outshine them?

Thanks!

The mandatory supports are (in order):
echo
pierce
pen
faster proj

"
Fieze wrote:

I did use spark from level 1 (as a scion)

Nice build OP, can't wait for league to end, so we can bring cancer to 3v3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info