Skills, Uniques, Maps, & QoL suggestions

man we have a short fuse, calm down before posting, you can correct yourself if you did

Spoiler
"
Daresso's Defiance, Doedre's Elixir, Surgebinders, and Bringer of Rain.

on kill, not for everyone, not all generates charges nor all makes a steal charge build, limited to blockers, on kill

"
Style Variant doesn't have its own wiki page. At least nothing shows up on a google search, and I'm not going to argue with the wiki's own search function.

here https://www.google.com.ph/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=poe%20wiki%20style%20variant

"
King of the Hill. "Knocks back enemies if you get a critical strike with a bow."

it is not incinirate, i wonder how you would imagine a "charged" shot be like... barrage?

"
This isn't Overwatch. Things that are wonderful in there won't be wonderful over here. Even things in Diablo 3 won't be wonderful here due to the difference in mechanics.

meh, people who dont want diversed gameplay

"
You missed the point. How many more Mjolner builds would we have if Meginord's gave more than 100 strength, especially with the areas of the tree that lack strength?

good thing in 2.4 GGG has already plans for CoCks, although that vagan dagger is already proven to be good alternative without having to invest in STR
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Jul 30, 2016, 1:03:40 PM
"
xrook wrote:
man we have a short fuse, calm down before posting, you can correct yourself if you did

...and where did I blow up? I will correct myself if I do something wrong but I'll do the same for you before you do it.

"
xrook wrote:
here

Doryani's Invitation, List of unique belts, Hideout, Heavy Belt, Vessel of Vinktar...

None of them are a separate page for style variant. There's no global style variant that can simply be plugged into something else.

You're getting off the point.

"
xrook wrote:
it is not incinirate, i wonder how you would imagine a "charged" shot be like... barrage?

Whether it's a barrage of increasingly damaging projectiles, like Incinerate, or charging up for a sudden large hit, like Flameblast, the end result is the same. You stand still and do one thing.

To me, there is only one difference between something like Incinerate and something like Flameblast. One can kill you on reflect, one can kill you on thorns. I'd much rather die to thorns, since it ain't never around.

"
xrook wrote:
meh, people who dont want diversed gameplay

I'm all for breaking the one-skill build routine. But something that works for Overwatch most likely won't work here.

But right now, there is absolutely no reason to group up unless your character is weak. And even then, you'll likely die.

If parties are going to be part of the game, one of two things needs to happen:

1. Everyone's DPS needs to be important. This cannot happen while we have builds that can kill bosses in less than a second. No, I don't mean DPS needs to be equalized, I mean DPS needs to be important. Players each individually need to worry about their character and getting their DPS on the enemy. Some things, like skeletons, can be summoned by other players to give someone else some respite from, say, a hostile projectile. Everyone is the same.

2. Everyone has a designation. Tanks tank, DPSers DPS, and healers heal. The problem with this is that tanks cannot play unless healers and DPS are present. This makes partying the ONLY option, and that can be bad for the game given how loot works. This would cause the game to progress down MMO lines that end up tearing people apart.

As I said before, some things from D3 won't work here. But I know for a fact that the separate loot we have in D3 would work wonders for helping party play in PoE. Why? Because you focus on keeping yourself and your allies alive to ensure your loot gets in your bag. Right now, it's fend for yourself and nab that shit before someone else does, or just ensure you don't die and the other does so he leaves the area, so his permanently allocated loot can be stolen by someone else.

"
xrook wrote:
good thing in 2.4 GGG has already plans for CoCks, although that vagan dagger is already proven to be good alternative without having to invest in STR

CoCks? Or do you mean CoCs?

CoC should be nerfed.
Spoiler
"
Doryani's Invitation, List of unique belts, Hideout, Heavy Belt, Vessel of Vinktar...

None of them are a separate page for style variant. There's no global style variant that can simply be plugged into something else.

You're getting off the point.

did you even check Doryani's Invitation or Vessel of Vinktar on the wiki?
even in google it says
"
Sep 23, 2015 - Doryani's Invitation Heavy BeltRequires Level 68 +(25 to 35) to Strength<Style Variant> [see notes]"You can invite them, but you can never be ...

"
Whether it's a barrage of increasingly damaging projectiles, like Incinerate, or charging up for a sudden large hit, like Flameblast, the end result is the same. You stand still and do one thing.

To me, there is only one difference between something like Incinerate and something like Flameblast. One can kill you on reflect, one can kill you on thorns. I'd much rather die to thorns, since it ain't never around.

no issue here, situational skill as intended just like stand..thing gem skill, i did say its not suppose to be a main skill when i made it

Spoiler
"
I'm all for breaking the one-skill build routine. But something that works for Overwatch most likely won't work here.

But right now, there is absolutely no reason to group up unless your character is weak. And even then, you'll likely die.

If parties are going to be part of the game, one of two things needs to happen:

1. Everyone's DPS needs to be important. This cannot happen while we have builds that can kill bosses in less than a second. No, I don't mean DPS needs to be equalized, I mean DPS needs to be important. Players each individually need to worry about their character and getting their DPS on the enemy. Some things, like skeletons, can be summoned by other players to give someone else some respite from, say, a hostile projectile. Everyone is the same.

2. Everyone has a designation. Tanks tank, DPSers DPS, and healers heal. The problem with this is that tanks cannot play unless healers and DPS are present. This makes partying the ONLY option, and that can be bad for the game given how loot works. This would cause the game to progress down MMO lines that end up tearing people apart.

As I said before, some things from D3 won't work here. But I know for a fact that the separate loot we have in D3 would work wonders for helping party play in PoE. Why? Because you focus on keeping yourself and your allies alive to ensure your loot gets in your bag. Right now, it's fend for yourself and nab that shit before someone else does, or just ensure you don't die and the other does so he leaves the area, so his permanently allocated loot can be stolen by someone else.

either you start somewhere or not at all

"
CoCks? Or do you mean CoCs?

CoC should be nerfed.

yup, i just like to say it as CoCks

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Sep 27, 2016, 1:31:54 AM
-update on meginords
-unscratched chaos master crafting suggestion because of chaos bosses in atlas expansion
-added melee chain support gem suggestion
-added 'the grey queen' unique weapon suggestion
-added melee focused support gem suggestion
-added a movement animation suggestion
-added chilling beam channeling skill concept

hi, this is Sidtherat

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Sidtherat is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ .......\☻ This tank & Sidtherat are against GGG imbalancing
Il███████████████████]..... ▌\︻╦╤─ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.... / \ PoE if you are with us

"
sidtherat wrote:
a) CI is the problem (is too strong) not the life (life is OK)

b) tanking untankable damage from mobs in a map PLAYER rolled TOO HARD is stupid idea - noone forces anyone to do that. map mods are to be rerolled when deemed too hard. telegraphs are to be avoided.

c) entire issue we have now is a clusterfuck of following components:

- players EXPECT to be able to tank everything and complete every content
- players get used to cushion auto-play gameplay (mapping) and get crushed when they - with the same state of mind - approach stuff that is actually strong. the more cookie cutter FOTM OPIEOP build - the stronger the effect of 'oh sh.. this thing can fight back! unfair!!'
- players in HC (and in SC as well but to a smaller extent) are used to alt-f4 chicken 'spell'
- GGG balances this game around this BS

- this 'balance' == spike damage. this is the ONLY thing that can kill CI + instant leech Sponge builds
- these spikes kill life builds (however only few of these are unavoidable as in non-telegraphed)

the issue is CI + instant leech forcing developers to design BS damage spikes. and out of these two the real issue is INSTANT LEECH

this mechanic bypasses every freaking design foundation this game is built on. remove it. tone damage spikes down. problem solved

one thing keeps ENTIRE game hostage. changing things around WILL NOT solve a damn thing

PS. CI without instant leech is 100% viable. been there done that.

-reworked the drawback of the Adequacy unique item suggestion
-Flicker Strike (a visually appealing suggestion)

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Oct 22, 2016, 7:51:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info