[2.2] [HC] Malibu's CoC - Let's Get Physical [Best Build Ever? Click(bait) to find out!]

Hi all! Happy to say that I've finally gotten around to updating the build guide for 2.2. Thanks those who were kind enough to answer questions for people in my absence ^.^

TLDR for those who don't want to read the entire guide:

Trickster > AssZerker Scion > Assassin
Hi, thinking about starting up this build. I have about 8Ex atm, which is enough for a 5L shavs. Are Skyforth's necessary for the low life version?
"
Raal131 wrote:
Hi, thinking about starting up this build. I have about 8Ex atm, which is enough for a 5L shavs. Are Skyforth's necessary for the low life version?

Skyforth are really just the icing on the cake. Without them, use the Blade Vortex/CoH/PCoC/Warlord's setup.
Last edited by MalibuMoon on Apr 17, 2016, 7:02:25 AM
"
Raal131 wrote:

Absolutely not, just get a Chayula for stun immunity and a CwDT (lvl 1), Blade Vortex (lvl 1-8) - PC on Crit setup to help with powercharges instead. I did Uber with this build before skyforths and it was absolutely no problem, skyforths are just QoL and allow you to use an additional Aura. You might want to check out the previous page, where someone wanted suggestions on how to build the character with a similar budget.

"
MalibuMoon wrote:
Hi all! Happy to say that I've finally gotten around to updating the build guide for 2.2. Thanks those who were kind enough to answer questions for people in my absence ^.^

TLDR for those who don't want to read the entire guide:

Trickster > AssZerker Scion > Assassin

Awesome to see you back. I'm curious, what are your thoughts on dual curse? I feel like assassin's mark with the 10% additional crit chance that ignores critcap (giving you basically 100% crit on cyclone and pushing the spells pretty close to that as well) and the additional ~60-70 critmulti (assuming the normal 400-450 multi) are a pretty big damage boost as well. For scary stuff you can always swap in enfeeble.

Trickster would definitely be my choice for HC, but for SC i don't really see the need. 8k ES (8,5-9k with better gear easily possible) with Lori's lantern have been absolutely enough for me so far and mana isn't really that big of an issues, except for curse immune (where you can still just swap in a mana pot).
I wouldn't use Chayula--you are already immune to stun while cycloning.

Re: Assassin's Mark, I'm currently sitting at ~72% crit chance with cyclone, ~74% on Bladefall, and ~85% with Ethereal Knives. I would say the crit chance on Assassin's Mark will do nothing since you're going to be using a diamond flask as well. Now as far as the crit multi you gain... I would say if you want a second curse then Vulnerability is going to be strictly superior, or possibly Poacher's Mark to generate frenzy charges.

And yeah, the Ascendancy choice is more of a personal preference. I really do feel that the possible 52% attack speed you gain from Trickster pushes it above the others in terms of clear speed.
Last edited by MalibuMoon on Apr 17, 2016, 7:10:30 AM
All my deaths between lvl 80 and 90 were due to stunlock after hitting some random invisible shit in maps like bazaar, strongboxes, or just straight up lag, so therefore i hate not having some kind of stun protection, might just be preference as well.

Assassin's Mark adds almost as much damage as Vulnerbility without even calculating the additional procs you get from Cyclone and the fact that quite a lot of your damage (especcially with flasks up) is actually not physical. So Assassin's Marks is imo by far the best offensive supporting curse. I was actually more curious if you're planning on going dual curse once you have more points, or if you'll stay on a 1 curse setup.
Last edited by wage on Apr 17, 2016, 7:26:47 AM
"
wage wrote:
All my deaths between lvl 80 and 90 were due to stunlock after hitting some random invisible shit in maps like bazaar, strongboxes, or just straight up lag, so therefore i hate not having some kind of stun protection, might just be preference as well.

Assassin's Mark adds almost as much damage as Vulnerbility without even calculating the additional procs you get from Cyclone and the fact that quite a lot of your damage (especcially with flasks up) is actually not physical. So Assassin's Marks is imo by far the best offensive supporting curse. I was actually more curious if you're planning on going dual curse once you have more points, or if you'll stay on a 1 curse setup.

Hey, i play a similar build as dual curse. I choose assassin's mark and vulnerability, cause it cant die while hitting something anyway (13.5k es, 32% block chance, 2,5% leech), so i go for more dps. With assassin's mark up i have 100% crit chance for cyclone and ek, 95% for bladefall. Cant run phys reflect maps though, single reflect mobs are not a problem.
Thats my gear and gem setup for ci trickster so far:
Spoiler

for curse immune maps:

Tree:

Hope it might be useful for someone.
hi m8

i wanna try your build in HC.

i will try to level as EK, then Bladefall, and then switch.

which leveling trees would you recommand ?
get all the physical damage nodes, and life/shield, then finally crit nodes after level 50/60 when i switch to CoC ?

thanks !
How draining on the CPU/Vid card is this build? Does it cause a lot of lag playing solo? Also, if you were going SC, how would you change it?
Last edited by dperls on Jun 1, 2016, 1:22:40 PM
I'm gonna try this build out when I get a chance, it looks really cool! How is crit-chance gotten in this build? The tree does not seem to have much.
Last edited by AzierWill on Jun 4, 2016, 8:14:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info