[2.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners Contagion/Essence Drain Occultist [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

"
Quadricwan wrote:
"
IronFel wrote:
Bonjour,

L'arbre de skill passif est si je ne me trompe pas pour la classe Witch or il s'agit d'un guide pour les Scion, c'est possible de corriger ceci. je vous remercie.

Originalement, c'etait pour les Scion - mais c'est maintenant (apres l'expansion) pour la Witch. Ce n'est pas possible pour Lifting de changer où se trouve ce poste.

Thank you! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
GGZII wrote:
im low life, should I use a rebeak for 100% increased damage or a consuming dark for 45% spell damage and poison

I had the same thought so I tested this with one ED on Voll. No poison support gem.

http://i.imgur.com/eF1by9o.png
"
Idyar wrote:
"
GGZII wrote:
im low life, should I use a rebeak for 100% increased damage or a consuming dark for 45% spell damage and poison

I had the same thought so I tested this with one ED on Voll. No poison support gem.

http://i.imgur.com/eF1by9o.png

Pure degen damage or multiple projectile hits?
I have 2 (noob) questions:

1)
"
For Utility and convenience: Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9), Flame Golem (lvl 11) & Vaal Haste + Increased Duration

When I look at your item gem setup, I see a gloves with 4L (3R-1G) with those 4 gems.
But When watching video, and reading this text, I understand that it's 2L + 2L.

I'm very new to the game, and I don't understand which one is the correct setup.
COuld someone please explain ?

2) Some gem have a level specified, other not.
I assume that the level is "max", beccause more lead to requirement problem ?
And the gem without level may be leveled to the max ?

Thanks for this guide. I'm very n ew to POE, and it help me a lot to learn the game.
(Response in french is OK).
Last edited by seewen on Apr 11, 2016, 4:09:54 AM
"
seewen wrote:
I have 2 (noob) questions:

2) Some gem have a level specified, other not.
I assume that the level is "max", beccause more lead to requirement problem ?
And the gem without level may be leveled to the max ?

That's correct.

The reason for the level specs is two-fold: Cast When Damage Taken's level determines how often it gets triggered (based on damage taken, which increases as you level). The lower the level of the CWDT, the more often it gets triggered. At Level 9, CWDT/Flame Golem will be cast every time you accumulate 1,211 damage taken (not counting the internal 250ms cooldown between CWDT triggers).

The second part to this problem, though, is that CWDT can only 'support' skills that have the same "Level Requirement" as CWDT and below. Level 9 CWDT has a Level 54 requirement, as does a Level 11 Flame Golem, so the two skills are compatible with each other. If you had a Level 9 CWDT and Level 12 Flame Golem, the Golem would never be summoned because its level requirement is greater than CWDT's.
Perfectly clear !

Thanks for your explanation.
I love your guides, you make some really useful and viable class set ups, but you haave me confused in this one. The video has you starting at Scion... it's in the scion folder, but the tree progression links you show, are starting at the witch. So which do you suggest we use as our template? the video's scion, or the threads witch links?
Hey Lifting, thumbs up for your Guides, I really like them!
Sorry if this is already answered, but how does this build do against Izaro? Afaik he is immune to Chaos. I looked up some of your Guides already, but I can't decide which one to try next..^^ The concept of this Guide looks really nice imo and if you say Izaro can be done I will take a try on this one! ;) If it is not, can you recommend me one of your other Guides? I don't like Totems too much because for me they seem to be too strong for AoE but too weak for Single Targets..
Same question about class... can you pls indicate tree/lvling_steps for scion and also asc_point for scion. General question about if scion is better for this build? I have seen this build for witch/occ and shadow/tri. And btw thank you, bcs build look really good!
Last edited by GoldenMasterMD on Apr 13, 2016, 7:05:35 AM
"
JTiYo wrote:
Hey Lifting, thumbs up for your Guides, I really like them!
Sorry if this is already answered, but how does this build do against Izaro? Afaik he is immune to Chaos. I looked up some of your Guides already, but I can't decide which one to try next..^^ The concept of this Guide looks really nice imo and if you say Izaro can be done I will take a try on this one! ;) If it is not, can you recommend me one of your other Guides? I don't like Totems too much because for me they seem to be too strong for AoE but too weak for Single Targets..

You can definitely kill Izaro with chaos damage. I did that very recently actually, and yes it was using essence drain :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info