Undying Bladefall [2.2 Update]

Amazing work there Matrix... truly awesome build. What I like best about it is that fact that you've done it with gear that is actually attainable in a temp league, not some mirrored legacy standard-only crap. Kudos to you!
Oh, and, dat Grandmaster video is so funny. "Don't puncture me broooooooo!"
After watching few videos i can say that it is probably new "BEST" OP build out there :s

Should be featured so ban hammer will arrive before Ascendency :S
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
WarcryLegion wrote:
The max block flask build concept seems very intresting. Just have a quick question.

What other skills would work well with this concept?

The phys scaling spells seem to be the best atm, with consuming and poison at least, so how would ek/vertex work?

Ghudda did EK in 2.0 and still stuck to it in 2.1 because he doesn't use Vinktar and EK is 6crit vs BF 5crit. The reason I played BF is because sherkhan was doing it and I copy people.

Before playing LL BF I played lightning strike and reave all within this flask paradigm. A guildy (Anapoe) is playing the flask paradigm with a wander since a large portion of a wander's damage is lightning and they typically use shields.

Basically anything that can scale phys damage.

Other than that thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jan 28, 2016, 10:46:24 AM
I've been playing lowlife/flask bladefall as well, albeit on a level 91 witch. I figured I would post my build for comparison, and give a witch version of the build. My version runs dual curse(Warlord's Mark/Poacher's Mark) on Herald of Thunder to give 2% leech, mana gained on hit, free endurance/frenzy charges, and double flask recharge means I can have all flasks active 90% of the time. I also use a dagger so I have access to whirling blades.

Skill Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8EBwVCDXwOXA-rES8RUBXtFr8W8xmKGo8bJR1PHaofAiBuIvQkiyY8J6kqCyo4KwosnC2oL501uTbFPV9BlkV-RnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUEJSU1M1VL1cQFxrXIpd8l9qavpsC20ZcFJwu3X9e9d-WX_GghCDCYRIhG-ExYnTi3qMNo_6kyeWi5eVl_SbtaEvoqOnK66zsZC0DLVIuZO-gL6KwcXB88MJwzrDbcrT0B_Q0ND11ELVudfP2VvbXt-K37DhiOL36QLquutj6_XsGO-I7-vw1fId9tr5N_sJ?accountName=Symeon_Stareyes&characterName=Run_TheGems

Gear:

Defenses: 7,871 ES(+ cannot be stunned)
Block:25/17(73/75 with Rumi's)
Resists: 75/75/76(88/88/89 with flasks)
Vaal Extras: 2 Vaal discipline linked with increased duration, Vaal haste

DPS: 89,884 (no charges)
DPS: 140,840 (full charges)
DPS :170,554 (full charges + flask)
DPS :TBD (full charges + flask + vaal haste, roughly 220-230k) [I didn't have time to check this, I will check soon]

If there's anything I can help clarify I'm more than happy to help
I believe your math is wrong. We would need 17%+ reduced duration on belt not 16% since we only take 15% from the tree.
"
I've been playing lowlife/flask bladefall as well, albeit on a level 91 witch. I figured I would post my build for comparison, and give a witch version of the build. My version runs dual curse(Warlord's Mark/Poacher's Mark) on Herald of Thunder to give 2% leech, mana gained on hit, free endurance/frenzy charges, and double flask recharge means I can have all flasks active 90% of the time. I also use a dagger so I have access to whirling blades.

DPS: 89,884 (no charges)
DPS: 140,840 (full charges)
DPS :170,554 (full charges + flask)
DPS :TBD (full charges + flask + vaal haste, roughly 220-230k) [I didn't have time to check this, I will check soon]

So I think witch start is good because of the split to pick up the 28% spell damage, but you do miss on those sweet phys/chaos nodes shadow has. The reason your stats are comparable (ES+DPS since you use a 5L effectively) is because you don't bother getting the flask uptime stuff in ranger area. Poacher's certainly works great when it's up, but I didn't find it good enough (HoT curses much slower than we kill + curse immune maps + parties). I love it as a QoL boost, but I don't like relying on it.

The main benefit of your setup is that you don't kill yourself to a reflect map if you miss flasks, which have cost me about 3 hours of playtime over the lifetime of my character.

"
LifeIsShyt wrote:
I believe your math is wrong. We would need 17%+ reduced duration on belt not 16% since we only take 15% from the tree.

So the math would be 30*(0.69)=20.7, which should be 21 charges used. But for some reason GGG's code floors here and it becomes 20 charges used. Tested in game. If it was ceiled we would need 19%+ reduced charges used on the belt.

"
sherkhan wrote:
I think this is about to become a Ranger build.

New Pathfinder Ascendancy class:

Pathfinder Details
LV1 - Nature's Boon: 5% reduced Elemental Damage taken. Flasks gain a Charge every 3 seconds.
LV2 - Master Alchemist: 30% increased Elemental Damage. Dispel Elemental Status Ailments on Flask Use. 50% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments while using a flask.
LV1 - Master Fletcher: Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element. Damage penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances.
LV1 - Nature's Adrenaline: 15% increased Movement Speed while using a Flask. 20% increased Attack Speed while using a Flask.
LV2 - Master Surgeon: 30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks. Remove Bleeding on Flask use. 20% chance for Flasks to gain a Charge when you deal a Critical Strike.
LV1 - Master Herbalist: 30% increased Damage with Poison. 30% increased Poison Duration. +30% Chaos Resistance while using a Flask. Always poison on Hit while using a Flask.

IDK, the question is, as always, what is the opportunity cost of getting flask uptime through an ascendancy class vs the methods we already have.

Great build again matrix. Turns out I had everything but Viktar. I bought one for 1ex in HCT and ripped to STD.:P Using Atziri mask for chaos res and +1.

Spoiler

One question how you getting enough STR W/O taking one 30 str node for added fire?

My tree a little differnt because I use atziri mask and have 22% evasion too..

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAO4FQgceCTMOSA5cD6sQexEvEVARlhUgFe0WvxmKGo8bJR_HIG4kiyepKgsqTSsKLJws6S0fLYsvbzW5PV9BlkQNRX5JUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNUglS9XEBcil3yX2piWmSdaoxq-m0ZbWxwUnC7df171311f8aEb4TFhrOJ04w2j_qTJ5UglS6Wi5cGl5WX9Ju1oS-io6LZo--nK66zsNi1SLmTu-O-Or6KwfPDCcM6xKLIFMjw0NDQ9dE2037VudfP2RPZW9sa217fmOIs53TpAutj6_XsGO9674jw1fId9W_2o_ba-Tf7Cf66?accountName=Aim_Deep&characterName=Jumpin_Jack_Slash
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 28, 2016, 4:59:23 PM
Aim, you got the light pen Vinktar but you're not using the P2L support, so you won't be leeching from that.

Not sure why you're having trouble with str after taking the +30 node. You could put it on your belt, or replace AF with P2L until you get a P2L Vinktar. There's no good way to get rid of that node due to the affixes we need on belt and the amount of uniqs we use.

"
sherkhan wrote:

1. Perma-Poison (go back to using a decent dagger instead of CD)
2. 30% Chaos Res
3. 15% Movement speed
4. Surgeon's on all the unique flasks
5. Staunching (no more yelling "Please don't puncture me" ;>)

For EK builds that'd take the projectile damage nodes, the 6 pts should be a no-brainer. For non projectile builds, it's a 9 pt cost. Higher, but the upsides are pretty high.

1. Without consuming dark the elemental damage stays elemental rather than chaos. So don't know about that.
2.-3. seem ok but I'd rather have damage probably.
4. I'm not too thrilled about 20% surgeons combined with 33% crit chance (with 5PC)
5. Yeah that's nice, but only relevant for HOGM.
6. Unless bladefall is really hammered it'll probably be stronger than EK. 9pts + meh benefits = I'm not that thrilled. I'm thinking maybe more like for a Wander like Anapoe's.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jan 28, 2016, 5:29:33 PM
Hi matrix, I am not having trouble because I took it it's just your lvl 88 tree did not show STR 30 node.

Also My Vinktars seems to leech fine with herald of thunder? Will get the other one though for even more leech!

edit
Now we are talking! over 4x leech TY TY TY!!

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 28, 2016, 7:21:46 PM
since we are always hitting all 5 flasks all the time what do y'all think about taping/hot gluing a popsical stick to 1234 and 5?
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info