[2.1] [MORE VIDEOS!!!] Viper Splash 200k DPS unbuffed (Forget Reave) - Dual Wield [Uber viable]

"
hmcg020 wrote:
Why Forget Reave? You say it has 40% higher base, though it has lower AOE and AOE dmg. It also requires an extra gem slot.

Keep in mind reave needs an increase of area gem... thats also require an extra gem slot.
Reave also depend on range stacks, so in fact it hasnt higher AOE. I have both gem setups and did a comparision in case of dps. Viperstrike is much better especially ubers and +80 map farming:

-higher base dmg (60k dps higher in my case)
-poison effect
-chaos conversion
-not depending on aoe stacks

edit: Just for clarification
Versus

"
aStrayGami wrote:
The tooltip isn't correct either since soul taker doesn't work with viper strike so the real dps should be higher.

Well i dont mind if dps is higher than displayed^, but I think tooltip works correctly (including the increase speed of dual wield bonus & soultaker aps). Iam using a platinum kris (1.52 speed) and soultaker (1.85) gives me ~20% more damage in dual wield modus.
Last edited by LP_Soldier on Jan 10, 2016, 11:10:09 AM
Oh please.
Reave with inc aoe has just about the same aoe as melee splash before any stacks, which are no problem at all to get up + are boosted further to absurd range with vaal reave.

You really can't argue that viper strike is outright better than reave.
The only thing viper strike has over reave is like you said, working better for uber runs and 80+ maps simply because it is safer for killing bosses. That is it.

For clear speed, no melee attack requiring melee splash (flicker excluded) will be better than reave for clear speed, simply because you need to directly hit a mob to get your aoe, which honestly isn't that big even now. The higher base damage (lets not forget conc effect), poison effect and chaos conversion will do nothing for clearing after a certain point in dps and will only be useful for bosses.

Edit: To find out your real dps, equip your dagger and a shield and calculate into your tooltip whatever dual wield passives you have, the dual wield bonuses and using soul taker in main hand because i think the weird attack speed bug.. thing.. still works.
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on Jan 10, 2016, 3:48:12 PM
"
aStrayGami wrote:
You really can't argue that viper strike is outright better than reave.
The only thing viper strike has over reave is like you said, working better for uber runs and 80+ maps simply because it is safer for killing bosses. That is it.

Ty for your opinion basing on your game experience & comparisions.
It works much better (for me) and iam not lying, thats all i can say...

I will find out the real dps then (by equiping dagger and shield), but the attack time is the average of the two weapons attack times right?
Means: [platinum kris (1.52 speed) + soultaker (1.85)] / 2
or am i missing something?

edit: around 40k dps increasement (total 240k) if the calculation is right
Last edited by LP_Soldier on Jan 10, 2016, 5:41:36 PM
I think there is still a bug with dual wielding weapons and only using one to attack because of restrictions (reave doesn't use axes so it will only attack with your dagger) where if you put the higher attack speed weapon in your main hand or off hand (i forgot which it was) it will use the attack speed of that weapon.

Give it a try if it still works, you may notice it.
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
I think there is still a bug with dual wielding weapons and only using one to attack because of restrictions (reave doesn't use axes so it will only attack with your dagger) where if you put the higher attack speed weapon in your main hand or off hand (i forgot which it was) it will use the attack speed of that weapon.

Seems interesting your theory. Thought it works like that: the attack time is the average of the two weapons attack times, that means (platinum kris 1.52 speed + soultaker 1.85) / 2 = 1,685

But if you are right i gain the full aps of soultaker (1,85) + dw bonus, which even outshine loath bane in this case... Will update this.
You have alot experience and practice, mb we can play together and doing some fancy uber runs (with your reave build).
Last edited by LP_Soldier on Jan 11, 2016, 6:11:51 AM
"
LP_Soldier wrote:
"
aStrayGami wrote:

Seems interesting your theory. Thought it works like that: the attack time is the average of the two weapons attack times, that means (platinum kris 1.52 speed + soultaker 1.85) / 2 = 1,685

But if you are right i gain the full aps of soultaker (1,85) + dw bonus, which even outshine loath bane in this case... Will update this.
You have alot experience and practice, mb we can play together and doing some fancy uber runs (with your reave build).

Yep, it can outshine loath bane, but of course, you lose the defenses of a shield.

As for my build, it's really just a melee build in which i use any melee skill i feel like using. I've let my friend use my gear on std so no mapping here for me atm. x)
Ugh effort
Bump

- added new section: Important remarks from other users
- aStrayGami Dual Wield calculation with Soul Taker
Last edited by LP_Soldier on Jan 11, 2016, 3:56:24 PM
Bump
Do you thought about void manipulation support gem for ur 6 link?
mind adding a video for the build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info