Skill Reveal - Ice Trap and the Cluster Trap Support Gem

"
Serleth wrote:
Welp, looks like I might be rolling EE trapper in 2.2.

Ice Trap got me convinced to finally getting around to making a trapper build, and no better way to try it out in 2.2, especially with the new trap support gem too. ;)

Now to make these work with my future Scion in 2.2 along with the tree setup for a pure trap build. Though, I am not sure how much of the passive tree will change in 2.2, so no theorycrafting until the sneek peek of 2.2 passive tree.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 4, 2016, 11:01:12 PM
Hmmm, not sure what to think about freeze mine now.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
"
Owwlll wrote:
Also power chargers come from the tree (nodes NE of witch, on way to shadow. % to gain power charges when traps detonated by an enemy).

Had no idea about that cluster... I thought they were just using the Jaws of Agony.. >_<
Though that cluster kind of makes Jaws of Agony redundant though, doesn't it? :S

And yeah, even with Multi-Trap being buffed/tweaked, I don't think it'll be not made obsolete with this.. It throws it in a straight line, whereas Cluster throws 4 in a cluster; it is better for the same situation, AoE'ing. And using both would be too many less multipliers to justify it.

They should just remove Multi-Trap and replace it with Cluster imo, and put Multi out of its misery.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Oh look, herald of thunder, herald of ice, and that's not herald of ash. Herald of bane?
"
mywaywardson wrote:
Oh look, herald of thunder, herald of ice, and that's not herald of ash. Herald of bane?

that's pretty clearly herald of thunder, herald of ice, and clarity, no new mana reserve spell, at least not in that video.
Most certainly will be playing an Ice Trapper. Looks great.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Ice Trap got me convinced to finally getting around to making a trapper build, and no better way to try it out in 2.2, especially with the new trap support gem too. ;)

Now to make these work with my future Scion in 2.2 along with the tree setup for a pure trap build. Though, I am not sure how much of the passive tree will change in 2.2, so no theorycrafting until the sneek peek of 2.2 passive tree.

Jaws of Agony is quite good (I didn't even realize that the power charge chance got buffed). In 1.3 I had a crit Fire/Lightning/Ice trapper that worked as well as trappers do. I'm looking forward to using this toy again:

The only problem is that I rarely found that additional trap to be useful because trap cooldowns are so long!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Still waiting for the blue fire trap mtx :p
so Cluster trap is basically to Multitrap as GMP is to LMP?
or is there a function change in there as well?
conversion trap + multiple traps + cluster trap ?

I remember one of shadow's subclass has some talent like "one trap triggered all traps triggerd"

Last edited by TravisL on Jan 5, 2016, 12:14:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info