[Moved] Arly's Elemental Cyclone Reaver Scion

You'll want to swap crit for light pen on lightning resist maps.
Having crit strikes is not a huge deal but having light penetration on a Light resist map is.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 13, 2016, 6:55:40 PM
Ey Arly, great build, I am enjoying it a lot right now. I do have have a bit of an issue with mana though, meaning the only way i can sustsin my attacks is via triple -8 eleron jewelery. How do you manage it?
"
thebanned00 wrote:
Ey Arly, great build, I am enjoying it a lot right now. I do have have a bit of an issue with mana though, meaning the only way i can sustsin my attacks is via triple -8 eleron jewelery. How do you manage it?

The single life and mana leech near duelist is enough to fully sustain on a 676 base mana pool with 75% of it reserved so 169 unreserved.

After a lot of testing I can say reave is the better overall map clearer(as well as more tanky but cyclone has the vastly superior single target potential when dual wielding. As a baseline, an optimized reave build without top tier gear can break the the 2:11 threshold which is the fastest time for any build I have seen so far and was actually the first gorge I had ran with that character - and reave is not even a ranged skill, Cyclone will have issues clearing under 2:50 and I have tried many many combinations of gear and passives. Of course speed run numbers does not tell the whole story to a build and should be the final determinant in build quality.

Sadly, there is just no way to scale cyclone's aoe high enough w/o HoA burn proliferation and HoI chain shatters, Cast on crit, comk and the likes.

"
Glassia wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

It is a whole new world between 75 and 91. Passives, gem levels, incremental upgrades. So no you're not going to clear a gorge in 2:11 with much less gear, 15 missing passives, and level 16-18 gems.

You can swap increased area for concentrated effect for bosses.

I see, thanks.

Now is critical strike overall the default 6L skill gem? I've been finding myself to be up against lightning resis or elemental resis mobs than running into mobs that aren't; same goes for the crit damage skill gem. I just feel like Lightning Penetration is better for everyday use, that being said, critical strike is really important.

I think the main reason I opted to main critical strikes in the guide is because most players despise the idea of using a jewel in a melee skill that does not increase their tooltip dps. Critical strikes is really amazing at mid tiers(1-12) but light pen will shine at higher tiers (13-15).

Finally, I think daggers maybe yield better final damage output than swords for the reave variant. Cyclone must use swords due to weapon range being a factor. Testing and orb burning in progress.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 14, 2016, 3:01:50 AM
Justed wanted to say that I really love your builds. I love how you explain things really well (with mathematical explanations) and that people still have room to tweak things instead of just saying: "copy everything I do to faceroll the game". Even though I've played lots of reave builds before, I'm still very excited about this one. Well done once again!
"
Ledebird wrote:
Justed wanted to say that I really love your builds. I love how you explain things really well (with mathematical explanations) and that people still have room to tweak things instead of just saying: "copy everything I do to faceroll the game". Even though I've played lots of reave builds before, I'm still very excited about this one. Well done once again!

Thanks, I really appreciate it. There's a lot of projects on the way but I find myself building and writing more than actually playing these days.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 15, 2016, 1:17:34 PM
Hi, are you planning an update for 2.2 anytime soon? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info