How to Avatar of Fire?

Are Elemental Weapon Support gems better than 30% dmg to fire gems?
"
Interesting wrote:
No leech % of the damage works with AOF.

Be it items, flasks or passives.

The reason why the description on flasks doesnt specifically mention "physical" type of damage is because if you look at the pattern of wording used to describe flasks, it would end up being a big sentence.

"Added 2% life leech on all physical attacks during the recovery period"

I did tested it and it didnt worked. So yeah, the feedback here is to fix the description to match.

The support gem should work.

"
Interesting wrote:

Important.

Avatars of Fire CANNOT EVADE damage from elemental damage reflect enemies! They always take the reflect damage, because the source of damage they cause: fire, does not count as an attack and does not get recognized by evasion.

Quote from Mark:
"Evasion is calculated if the damage which triggered the reflection was an attack, but not if it was from a spell (spells can't be evaded, so neither can damage reflected from spells)."

Now if you are not an Avatar of Fire, with 20% evasion, fighting physical reflect enemies, you could actually evade 20% of the times you hit them.

Be carefull when fighting elemental reflect enemies as an Avatar of Fire, they are not so easy as without Avatar of Fire.

You're contradicting yourself. Mark said you can evade it if it comes from an attack. Avatar of fire damage is weapon damage, so it's evadable.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
You are right, both physical and elemental can be evaded.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Last edited by Interesting on Dec 28, 2011, 5:45:24 AM
No, that is not what mark said.

you can evade or block the reflected fire dmg if its done by an attack.

reading alone rarely helps. understanding is important.
Last edited by Baki on Dec 26, 2011, 7:45:15 AM
I can't explain you better. Read again...
Attacks can be evaded, attacks are not necessary physical.
L2R
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
I switched to 1h/shield in the later difficulties, because I was taking a lot of damage. I switch back to staves after I accidentally got rid of my 1h weapon, but I went down into the Marauder tree and got some armor and health, so my survival is pretty good as long as I don't get surrounded.
Currently I'm trying a Staff build, I've heard bow build work too? will have to try that also :P
I'm using an AOF templar. Tried to do an AOF duelist but it wasn't that feasible due to the distance of the element damage passives from the duelist tree.

Currently at 7/8 frenzy charge passives with 3.5k dps with a MAX 200 damage bow which will need upgrading, a good shriek or storm will put me at 400 damage roughly 2x damage.(weapon can be anything, though bow kinda gives me much more survivability, might switch tactics later on with other weapons)

Main skills are Rain of Arrows with 4 linked supports. Phase Run, blood rage, frenzy, Summon Zombies.

I also use 2 other keystones.

Iron Reflexes. Which gives me 51% damage reduction at level 53 with substandard eqs (shitty gloves/ boots/ helm)

Blood Magic. Which makes mana/health management easier with life on hit and Sapping/Panicked Divine Life Flasks.

Sapping gives 1.565k Health per use.

Panicked gives 700 instant health per use when at 35% and below hp.

I use 3 Sappings and 2 Panicked.

My objective would be to get as much equipment as possible with % ele damage/ life on hit with attack speed being optional.

Eventually I'll be playing a fire damage berserker.
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
Last edited by Sareth on Dec 27, 2011, 12:43:32 AM
Elemental reflection is not a huge problem for Avatar of fire users as long as you ensure you have fire resist.

With fire resist, the most damage you can take per monster you hit is 6.25% of your maximium health, which is very small.
You only need to worry if you attack really fast in AoE, which generally only happens with rangers (or maybe duelists) who will have evasion armor, which I hear will help even more.

The biggest problem with AoF is that you no longer can leech mana or life, so you're much less durable or sustainable, particularly in long or difficult fights. It wasn't a great problem before 0.95, but with the flask changes of 0.95, it's a pretty major problem/challenge now.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Interesting wrote:
Phys dmg can get evaded.
The damage the aof deals is not phys dmg.
Once the enemy reflects, It can only get resisted.
Doesnt get blocked or evaded.
L2R

Melee attacks can be evaded, regardless of damage type.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info