[2.1] Essence Drain IW+RF [40k+ DOT] - Insane clearspeed and singletarget [UBER & NORMAL Atziri]

what kind of jewel are u using?
Did you level with essence drain? dont think i can face totem trap leveling again :D
"
xxownxagexx wrote:
what kind of jewel are u using?

Random Blue Jewels with mostly 1 Damage %. With good jewels my damage would be boosted a lot.
"
Fhark wrote:
Did you level with essence drain? dont think i can face totem trap leveling again :D

I did, it's not the best leveling build though. I've heard blade vortex is really good for leveling though!
What do you think of a witch/shadow build along the lines of this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQj6ZEq1WuLJwreBEtH8d8gy2L6-5tGTLRmuAc3Jf0CPQi9EVHRZ2PGlJTwFRsC8BmU1I9X2pDkyc8Bdn8BLO-in_GUzXvfAmqogChLxGWUELAmvAfDkgHHow2aPK3MJUuVUt8Dq9s6FoUCfDVYeKnVQthJogTbY_6SVEmlVugxq5cQBa_rj48LQxfh8u00Webg1-DzBynp5vIDORR1I-3PlOldZ52glBHGS5Bh_4KzxW1SO8O2WH56Ni9FCBXDa2NgsdodF8_8azSIfObz34dvtpi9kgpLvJBaGUzhxhWxFiCBwPu8kU64aZXTeP-jzWSXfK86kPI

You lose some duration (about 20% going from 190% to 150% duration), some strength (about 100) 3 jewels, and projectile dmg (about 60) but you gain A LOT of extra damage (240% extra chaos, dot and spell damage). The extra int from the tree allows you to drop astramentis and get a chaos damage talisman. You should be able to find a talisman with chaos implicit, str and life fairly cheap, which gives you more life and more damage also. Possibly the +16% stats talisman could be a really good alternative pick also

I know the build isnt worked out properly yet, but could something along the lines of that build possibly be better?
Last edited by Meraxas on Dec 25, 2015, 10:22:50 AM
"
Meraxas wrote:
What do you think of a witch/shadow build along the lines of this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQj6ZEq1WuLJwreBEtH8d8gy2L6-5tGTLRmuAc3Jf0CPQi9EVHRZ2PGlJTwFRsC8BmU1I9X2pDkyc8Bdn8BLO-in_GUzXvfAmqogChLxGWUELAmvAfDkgHHow2aPK3MJUuVUt8Dq9s6FoUCfDVYeKnVQthJogTbY_6SVEmlVugxq5cQBa_rj48LQxfh8u00Webg1-DzBynp5vIDORR1I-3PlOldZ52glBHGS5Bh_4KzxW1SO8O2WH56Ni9FCBXDa2NgsdodF8_8azSIfObz34dvtpi9kgpLvJBaGUzhxhWxFiCBwPu8kU64aZXTeP-jzWSXfK86kPI

You lose some duration (about 20% going from 190% to 150% duration), some strength (about 100) 3 jewels, and projectile dmg (about 60) but you gain A LOT of extra damage (240% extra chaos, dot and spell damage). The extra int from the tree allows you to drop astramentis and get a chaos damage talisman. You should be able to find a talisman with chaos implicit, str and life fairly cheap, which gives you more life and more damage also. Possibly the +16% stats talisman could be a really good alternative pick also

I know the build isnt worked out properly yet, but could something along the lines of that build possibly be better?

Thanks ALOT for this input. I changed to this tree as I def saw the improvements.

I am now up to 43K dot with Slower Projectiles and 33k With Poison
Are there any other differences you're seeing with the new passive tree? How is the less strength affecting you?

I started a character using you're old tree and I was wondering whether I should respec or not.

PS would it be better to go into the shadow starting passives for +chaos and phys instead of the witch ones for +spelldmg? I heard somewhere that poison double dips from +chaos.
Last edited by Killadeath on Dec 26, 2015, 12:20:52 AM
Added a Gorge run... cuz that's what everyone does right? (Lol)
hey,
lvling to use this build, missing the tabula and gloves and an empower but i guess it will work OK until i get em :D
will post with the progress
Hey there, about to start levelling with this build think it looks really fun and powerful. :P

Would you be able to recommend a certain way to go on the skill tree for levelling? like which direction you went first and stuff and what to pick up later compared to what you think you need earlier etc, no rush considering it's the holidays but was just curious about it! :)

Great stuff and looking forward to trying it out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info