Azmodael's Rain of Chaos build (11k+ EHP 800k+ boss DPS)

Here's a scion tree based on some of the recommendations (which leaves you a ton of points to use). It could also be witch or shadow.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnogsdBhyj6Hb63PlfJM4f-Cg18A-7Yveq6NZK0DLXyytNuqngNvopKyMAakyehLz8nqW5vO2wLf8bviF-YWK8i9BGWoqP5N1ltNuhtGQ5IBx5RdNfPzzIB5xFQ2Vtd8rcwlS4agUmxFE2nMDW5GyUrCuha8NWmmfxLn8unK0uuES8miI_6SVG8n-kC62PQ0FxAGJE6UrVINj1faofLDjydqqeb379sjHWe209irM8V4MMlvJ7Epr5UR4w2VUth4iaVFr8=

Ele damage doesn't benefit added chaos, and neither does fire damage (obviously). Lots of life regen, but you don't get any cws anymore. Room for either a bunch of life and es or damage. You can also run discipline off life for a net increase as long as you have less than 5882 hp.
Last edited by SnKArcbound on Dec 24, 2015, 2:58:28 PM
"
azmodael wrote:

You make some good points, but not all of them are as good as you imagine them to be.

Wow. I would not have managed to answer in such a polite way to such a elitist jerk comment!

Build seems nice even if i don´t think that Corrupted Energy is all that great for Hybrid as lots of Chaos daamge are degens and CE does not work on degen effects.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Well he seems to be capable of dealing with criticism, a trait that many people lack, and I commend him for it.

I'm trying to help him with my experiences trying this particular build.

On the other hand "Build seems nice" doesnt help him at all, and your point about CE is moot, he has a sufficiently large life pool to not care too much about degen effects, and there is a still a shitton of direct chaos damage in the game, ie Alira guards, snakes, Bameth, talisman bosses, etc etc etc, so even if it doesnt work on chaos degens is pretty GG in other situations, I actually really like that part of the build a lot, and I think he makes a really good use of the jewel.

Peace.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
"
yotmato wrote:
Well he seems to be capable of dealing with criticism, a trait that many people lack, and I commend him for it.

I'm trying to help him with my experiences trying this particular build.

On the other hand "Build seems nice" doesnt help him at all, and your point about CE is moot, he has a sufficiently large life pool to not care too much about degen effects, and there is a still a shitton of direct chaos damage in the game, ie Alira guards, snakes, Bameth, talisman bosses, etc etc etc, so even if it doesnt work on chaos degens is pretty GG in other situations, I actually really like that part of the build a lot, and I think he makes a really good use of the jewel.

Peace.

Exactly this, +1!!

Playing crit myself and seems higher in terms of total DPS, but since crit is rolled for a whole cast, not each projectile, seems kind of sketchy to me. A few casts however get a guaranteed crit and the dmg output is much higher. If anyone checks out the first reply to this thread, let me know what you think of my crit tree.

And in terms of him being an elitist jerk - I'm quite sure the impression was wrong just because of his choice of words - not everyone was born in UK/US you know. :)
I just wanted to say that I didn't realize that Corrupted Energy existed, and it is kind of a silver bullet for my Hybrid build too.

I'm currently playing an Iron Will caster and I kind of gave up on Ar/Es gear because I just can't stack the armor OR energy shield numbers I want that way. I thought that dropping armor altogether and getting a phat ES pool on top of my already-huge HP would let me effectively act as a pseudo-CI build (in that I can get away with little mitigation and simply tank the full damage onto my gigantic eHP pool).

Corrupted Energy gives me the incredibly effective ability to not just have one really big life pool, but two still pretty big pools that each take half damage, which is obviously much more powerful. Very sick little jewel, thanks for the idea!

Good luck with your build, it obviously works well and I hope it continues to.

Merry Christmas!
"
SnKArcbound wrote:
Here's a scion tree based on some of the recommendations (which leaves you a ton of points to use). It could also be witch or shadow.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnogsdBhyj6Hb63PlfJM4f-Cg18A-7Yveq6NZK0DLXyytNuqngNvopKyMAakyehLz8nqW5vO2wLf8bviF-YWK8i9BGWoqP5N1ltNuhtGQ5IBx5RdNfPzzIB5xFQ2Vtd8rcwlS4agUmxFE2nMDW5GyUrCuha8NWmmfxLn8unK0uuES8miI_6SVG8n-kC62PQ0FxAGJE6UrVINj1faofLDjydqqeb379sjHWe209irM8V4MMlvJ7Epr5UR4w2VUth4iaVFr8=

Ele damage doesn't benefit added chaos, and neither does fire damage (obviously). Lots of life regen, but you don't get any cws anymore. Room for either a bunch of life and es or damage. You can also run discipline off life for a net increase as long as you have less than 5882 hp.

It is not a bad tree by any means, but imho it sacrifices too much offensive power and ES in an effort to avoid mana management.

You lose:
45% spell damage
50% increased area damage
18% elemental damage
5% attack speed
16% cast speed
12% to all elemental resists

You get:
Blood Magic (dubious benefit, your ES will stop recharging when you cast any spell)
Stun immunity (good, but Practical Application from witch is great against stuns)
2 more jewel sockets

"
azmodael wrote:
"
SnKArcbound wrote:
Spoiler

It is not a bad tree by any means, but imho it sacrifices too much offensive power and ES in an effort to avoid mana management.

You lose:
45% spell damage
18% elemental damage
5% attack speed
16% cast speed

You get:
Blood Magic (dubious benefit, your ES will stop recharging when you cast any spell)
Stun immunity (good, but Practical Application from witch is great against stuns)
2 more jewel sockets

It also has 10 less points. 1 jewel socket can be clear mind (60% spell damage, not that you can't do that with the other tree). So if you fill in points (and change from scion since I don't see a real benefit to the life regen). You just lose about 10% cast speed for 60% spell damage. You also aren't losing any life or es. I did forget you don't regen ES while casting though, that sucks.
"
SnKArcbound wrote:
"
azmodael wrote:
"
SnKArcbound wrote:
Spoiler

You lose:
45% spell damage
18% elemental damage
5% attack speed
16% cast speed

You get:
2 more jewel sockets

It also has 10 less points. 1 jewel socket can be clear mind (60% spell damage, not that you can't do that with the other tree). So if you fill in points (and change from scion since I don't see a real benefit to the life regen). You just lose about 10% cast speed for 60% spell damage. You also aren't losing any life or es. I did forget you don't regen ES while casting though, that sucks.

And you lose ~20% life for discipline with BM.
Last edited by eetfukufuk on Dec 25, 2015, 7:32:22 PM
I need some impossibly hard maps to prove that the build is capable of running any map mod. I already did double Crematorium boss with -11 max resistances, but unfortunately was not able to record it.

If you have some really hard maps with impossible rolls please sell them to me, so i can make a recording. IGN: Sickening_Flame

On a side note I managed to corrupt my Firestorm to 21/20 and specced into crit. Currently doing 4800 tooltop damage, up from 3400. I will need a few days to see if this setup is better then my current setup.

===

I also tried getting rid of the Area nodes and it is definitely viable if you don't mind switching between Increased AOE and Conc effect between packs and bosses and it overperforms my setup for single target. I still recommend my original setup if you are too lazy to do that. AoE n+ Conc effect give you 7% reduced aoe plus a lot of damage, resulting in a healthy mix between clear speed and single target.
Last edited by azmodael on Dec 26, 2015, 3:14:30 AM
Playing the build, really want the 6L and higher level gems, but it's doing pretty damn good. I only have 9K hp. I'm running clarity off blood magic to complete remove any need to worry about infernal draw back, and I haven't put any points in regen yet. I went and grabbed ZO since the build really is determined by your ES. Definitely don't want to get blood magic.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVAI9CL0NbnAVGwLpyu86mpDkye-in_G74ihL8rTEZaio_k3tAwOSAceUXTXz-q6XfKVLhqBSbENfCsKnsTw1aaZV8kRL6a-j_pJUSj662NUR9DQXEC4k4LHtUg2PYw2X2qHyxzc-egdvp2qVUunm-vujxozh2yMYeJ1njLRmuAD7mKsJpXPFUVHRZ0Wv8BmU1IEs6IA4XPwH5o7aPLtPIKb1abkIhpsNun3wSSqFm_jag==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info