(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

Orb of Storms with PCoC instead of ball lightning keeps power charges maxed.
(Can use blind or CoH depending on 3/4 link and other desires)

Of course it's a problem with Shimmeron lightning blowback getting turned on all the time, but Void Battery is still a strong choice.
How do we get power charges now that ascendant doesnt grant any? We have to crit ourselves? That sounds dangerous with shimmeron
"
AxeMurder wrote:
Orb of Storms with PCoC instead of ball lightning keeps power charges maxed.
(Can use blind or CoH depending on 3/4 link and other desires)

Of course it's a problem with Shimmeron lightning blowback getting turned on all the time, but Void Battery is still a strong choice.

I gave Orb of Storms a try and I'm having way more luck with it than I was with Ice Spears. Instead of standing still all the time I can just lay a few down and run, and with increased crit chance gem I'm getting charges fairly often, more often than I expected. I have only just started maps, so this might not be accurate later on, but it seems to be working well so far. Probably going to get 2 Void Batteries and stick with those instead of Shimmeron if I can.
In 3.2 I've worked around power charges using

I messed around with ice spear and orb of storms but they felt to involved for my lazy ass. We lose some damage but gain lots of survival. Namely as I use enduring cry for my warcry. ( abyssal cry being another good option )

I'm basically just starting maps so idk how the damage will scale t10+. But this is my favorite method so far.
I might have a solution for the Power charge generation

With a five link bladefall totem setup you will easily reach >100 Mana cost per totem. I bought this wand for 2c during leveling.
Later you can upgrade with a similar wand but with increased critical strike chance and multiplier (also very cheap for the most part) or you just put one of those wands in your weapon swap, spam totems until you have your charges up, switch back to your shimmerons and the assassin ascendancy hopefully takes care of the rest (have not tested this yet, still leveling)
Last edited by Gratiskatze5 on Mar 25, 2018, 4:55:15 PM
"
Gratiskatze5 wrote:
I might have a solution for the Power charge generation

switch back to your shimmerons and the assassin ascendancy hopefully takes care of the rest

Does assassin proc with totems? Does that not go to the totem technically? Just about 80 now and I don't think iv'e seen that proc.
Just finished merc lab and you are right it does not proc with totems.
Still, you can use a wand with this shaped mod in addition to your shimmeron to constantly have charges up without pressing any extra buttons
How is everyone staying alive with this build?
This is my second time following this guide, but I find myself having the same issue as before.

It's okay for lower tier maps, but as soon as I try to push past tier 6-7 ish, I am having problems.
The totems die very quickly, and I find myself following suit.
Have tried different combinations in the helmets and boots. What should I be going for exactly?

I even had my other character farm currency to upgrade gear, but what is it should I be upgrading to?

The feel of the build is good, just a bit fluffy in terms of survivability.

How You generate power/frenzy charges for 3.2 hierophant/trickster?
Was considering running this build as my league starter for 3.3. Anything i should know about it or is it still basically the same setup as what you have for 3.2 in the starting post?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info