Really wanna keep on with marauder, but need help!

So, I started playing some weeks ago in normal and I really like maruder, I mean Resolute Technique + Blood Magic at lvl 25 + life gain on hit gem in a sweep conected socket is just a lot of sustain with two-handed maces or axes.

BUT

I have a HUGE problem, I can't stand bursts, just died my second lv 20 something marauder yesterday because I get bursted by too many mobs or hit by some unexpected critical, I don't know how, all I know is that my health just goes down too fast for me to put a totem, use a potion or use my sweep to regain my HP.

I had around 20-25% on each resist, not much more than that on armour and 640 HP at level 24 last time and died in two seconds.

Wanna know if you guys have any idea about what I can do to keep my marauder alive. Focus less in life and more in resists? Forget totally about damage and do it totally life? GIve up on 2H and go for a good Rare-Shield?

Please help someone that really wanna keep playing this class but is finding it the hardest one till now D:
post your passive skill build so we can see how much hp and so on you have taken.
Gaming Stream: http://twitch.tv/Sonhooo
Dota 2, UMvC3,PoE, Tera Online and betakey giveaways! :3
Only lvl 53 but I kinda went the same route as you and found i got into the same situation as you. Figured it out it was caused by more then just burst dmg. Basically your getting chain stunned and or chilled, which either stops the sweep animation or slows it down which messes with your self healing.

I solved it by getting the passive where i cannot be stunned and just being a little more aware of which mobs do cold dmg.
For resists I wouldn't bother getting any single resist nodes, only Diamond Skin (the +15% resist all ones).

Is what my build looks like currently. Still doing good dmg cause all the strength nodes help with melee dmg. I also decided to go with Ground Slam instead of Sweep, even though Sweep is more dmg per hit the attack speed is lower and imo Ground Slam just nudges it out with its stun and range.
I was like that:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqcql82dlhVw3SIZ7NpzD3vgHnNug6Ug==

Going to take Bloog Magic at next level.

Sweep was dealing 55 DPS and regenerating 14 life per hit(+2% of physical damage dealt)
Had leap slam, to use as engage and disengage.
Used heavy strike with 155 DPS for single target damage.

Don't know how to post my itens.
It's best not to take blood magic early on until for sure you know you have a lot of life regen and hp nodes. Crap I didn't even take it till like around lvl 50's to be honest lol.
What you think I should try to get so? I mean, I really don't know what other perk I should go for, would really like one that done something like "Burts that take more than 50% of your life in two seconds will be blocked" haha

But seriously, if you have any build idea that give me more resist/sustain I would be glad. Forget damage, seriously don't need it, playing with an shadow archer and an elemntal witch friends, my problem is tanking for them.
"
Ioneto wrote:
What you think I should try to get so? I mean, I really don't know what other perk I should go for, would really like one that done something like "Burts that take more than 50% of your life in two seconds will be blocked" haha

But seriously, if you have any build idea that give me more resist/sustain I would be glad. Forget damage, seriously don't need it, playing with an shadow archer and an elemntal witch friends, my problem is tanking for them.

Since, your playing with friends and not soloing. I'd go Defense over offensive. Can you link your passive tree skill? If you haven't died already and if you did. Can you remember what you put down?
"
aznmark wrote:
"
Ioneto wrote:

Since, your playing with friends and not soloing. I'd go Defense over offensive. Can you link your passive tree skill? If you haven't died already and if you did. Can you remember what you put down?

I am dead already.

THe build was that:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqcql82dlhVw3SIZ7NpzD3vgHnNug6Ug==

I think imma get one handed mace, ground slam and a good shield to my new Marauder.
Ur doing something wrong. I'm lvl 57 now, entered merciless and farming ledge... pretty much raging through the mobs... my single target dps is 3.2k and cleave is around 950 I think. Although I'm using this beauty
Just go defence until level 50 or so.. stack those life nodes and get nice gear with +armor +hp +res...
IGN: Seze
^ Basically just what he says - Focus on life nodes and elemental resist nodes. Get gears with +resist / life / armor and you should be good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info