2.1.0c Hotfix

2.0 no nerf to curses.
2.1 no nerf to curses, even blasphemy added.
2.1.0c HOTFIX OMG CURSES ARE TOO OP IF YOU GOT 245 EXALT TO BROKE THE GAME §§§§

Seriously GGG ? Do you think we gonna kill Talisman league because of that video ? That an army of farmer will all play that broken build (and be able to buy all those specific items ?)

Why did you have to fixe that broken mecanic that fast ? Why hurry ? Why illogical changes ?

-TC quality now is fast cast : why would i want to spend 20 quality (or level twice the gem) to gain 10% fast cast on a curse that specificaly makes ennemies slower ? You don't spam that skill, you don't need to even repeat it before quite a moment AND you already give us fast cast on the needed to game-break passives nodes for curses.

-Enfeeble quality : at level i got 37% reduced accuracy, 30% less damage, 25% reduced crit chance and 25% reduced crit multiplier. Why would i care spend 20 quality or level again the gem to get 10% reduced crit multiplier ?

-Curse on hit and Blasphemy quality nerf : yes they needed that, i've never understand why being able to cast curses in a more practical way have to come with BETTER CURSES. Casting curse manually should be rewarding, autocast curse should have a downside. We agree on that.

-Curse on hit quality : grant duration ? This support grant the possibility to automaticaly cast a curse (riposte/cwdt etc etc) or have a very easy way to cast the curse (aoe spell/attack) with even lower mana cost (no mana cost multiplier) but quality increase duration ? seriously you don't get the problem ?

-Blasphemy quality : aura gots tons of AOE range boost, even their own quality is AOE range boost. Curses gots tons of AOE range boost. Aura-curses got BOTH boost. Aura & Curse already have damng big aoe range when you got them level 20 + skill three. Quality on blasphemy allow you to improve the range from 1.5 screen to 2 or maybe 3 screens ? So cool, i now can autocurse mobs outside of my view even at full run speed.

I'm not just mad because i've started talisman with a dedicated to curses toon, i'm mad because that damn HOTFIXE PATCH is plain unfair, illogical and stupid.
Last edited by CaMarchePas on Dec 15, 2015, 1:56:32 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
higarra wrote:
Today I was able to try this build but not to its full potential because I did not have access to dying breath; here is what I found:

Temporal chains was slowing by 59% before increases to curse effects. I had +50% curse effect.
Such an effect on enemies brought them to a crawl but did not stop them; I felt very powerful.

Now after the nerf temporal chains is at 29% slow.

I have so many questions to GGG as of this moment; but I feel that asking them is a waste of time...

I will ask one tho: Why was the quality mechanic utterly destroyed as apposed to reducing its intensity from 0.5% to 0.25%? In my eyes, Temporal chains is now useless.

hyperbole much?

it's barely hyperbole. i've used coh/enfeeble/temp chains for the last while with summoner builds. now it's nerfed so hard that i guess i'll just respec (out of dual curse) and run an extra aura.

the cost of the skill points/gem slots is now VASTLY more than the return, imo. ie: yeah, it's essentially worthless.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
I have to assume that this is a temporary change while they think of something that isn't completely idiotic. That stupid axe is good for nothing but cyclone and getting things nerfed that don't need to be.
"
LostArtz wrote:
"
darkwolf7786 wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
We deployed a hotfix with the following changes:

• Temporal Chains quality now grants 0.5% increased Cast Speed per point of quality.
  • Enfeeble quality now grants 0.5% reduced enemy Critical Strike Multiplier per point of quality.
  • Curse on Hit quality now grants 0.5% Curse Duration per point of quality.
  • Blasphemy quality now grants 0.5% Curse Area of Effect Radius per point of quality.

For what purpose?

At this point, I don't see why gems have quality anymore. They've all been changed to something pointless where they aren't worth using gemcutters on.

The few that still matter generally are ones that increase Projectile Speeds of skills that increase their range, like Incinerate, Freezing Pulse, EK, and Ice Spear. Everything else just plain isn't useful.

Please just overhaul quality bonuses already into something usable.

Who needs cast speed on their Temp Chains?

Who needs reduced Critical Multiplier when reduced accuracy is already reducing chance to crit and isn't going to come up that often except maybe for Hardcore Players who really want to not take that 1% crit?

Generally, curse on hit last long enough for groups of monsters and isn't hard to reapply if it were a boss.

Blasphemy already gains a large amount of AOE from leveling, which like regular Auras, does not really enhance the aura or curses. Useless quality bonuses continue to make Gemcutters useless as well as the Enhance gem. I miss Firestorm's quality effect.

Quality for Gems should directly affect the gem in question and improve upon something that gem does more specifically. These bonuses do not do that and are all quite terrible.

You need to watch Ghudda's(spelling?) video -- Basically he achieved enemies being un-able to move/attack and even in the case they could they had -100% accuracy. In other words it was impossible for him to be damaged, move mobs to move, or attack, if they were within his AoE. Granted the items needed are extremely expensive, but game-breaking nonetheless.

Or they could just put in a 90% cap for those who have hundreds of exalts, and not affect the entire community...
"

Or they could just put in a 90% cap for those who have hundreds of exalts, and not affect the entire community...

Waaaaaay too logical. Careful there.
lol another nerf due to 0.001% players abusing it.

Seriously, the abusing is so easy to fix without nerfing the gem, just put a limit (like 95% or even 80%) to slowing effect.

I don't use any gems mentioned, but it concerns me that GGG is making balance that affects everyone, based on 1 or 2 players.
Wow. I don't even understand the thinking that went into this.

You used a Scythe instead of a scalpel for NO reason. I have to seriously question some of the balance decisions you guys make.
Another reminder if you don't remember or weren't here for Mirror Arrow - NEVER TELL ANYONE ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY REDDIT.
If this isn't a temporary fix than I somehow have even less respect for GGG's ability to balance a game than before. Well done. Always impressive.

Learn to think and don't knee jerk so badly, GGG.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Dec 15, 2015, 2:52:48 AM
The problematic combo could only be done with very specific items. Why not nerf the items instead of the base skills, and make quality on these gems almost completely worthless?

You could have come up with something better. Very disappointing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info