[2.1] Essence Drain + Contagion Budget (Nice DoT)

"
Myhanus wrote:
My version of my passive tree :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABLMHHgj0DkgPqxEtES8RlhNtFAkWbxa_GGoc3B0UH8ci9CSLJKomiCaVKworeCycLYsy0TY9Nuk6WEVHRZ1JE0lRSbFSr1NSVUtVxlgHXEBd8mHiYqxn_GpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCeC98g3zlf8aD24fLieCPGo9Gj_qTH5MnlS6a4JuhnaqiAKLZpwinm6yYrUqw2LTRtUi3MLtNvOrAVMBmwzrIDMgUzxXXz-Nq5ljrY-vu74jwH_DV9W_31_k3-tI=?accountName=Myhanus&characterName=Tali_KimiChaos

Gear :
Spoiler

Having no problem clearing maps atm. lvl 75

Well you got kinda low spell damage dude. Looks like you are tanky enough tho but probably too low damage atm. Also 4 link is also problem here. Try to get 5L to boost up your dps with empower if you can.

"
LazyZunde wrote:
I know your not menna plan for builds above lvl 85-90 but this is what im goin with
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBAcEswceDkgPqxEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxbzGGoc3B_HJIsmPCaIJpUpTysKK3gsnC0fLYsvnTLRPAU9X0VHRZ1JE0lRTLNSKVJTUq9TUlXGVeBXlFgHWFpcQF3yXyph4mf8aPJqjG0ZdFV1nnaCeC98S3yDfOV_xoIeg9uExYUyh8uIQongjHaPGo_6kx-TJ5UglS6WdJeVl_SaO5rgm6GbtZ48n9-hL6IAotmnm6yYrUqw2LTRtUi3MLtNvorAZsHFwfPDOsgMyBTLvc8V0B_VptsL3V_mWOaB62Pr5Ovu7BjtPO987-vwH_DV9W_31w==

additional/utillity skills

cast when dmg taken- blade vortex - poison/spell echo - blind

Artic armour (looks awesome when blade vortex is up)

blasphemy - temp chains

spell totem - wither - faster casting - inc aoe

vulnerability

Thanks dude i will add them to build. Also i dont have much time to play novadays and i've got shitty connection so i cant make it to 85-90 lvls
Last edited by Tosnl on Dec 15, 2015, 9:15:44 AM
I started playing a variation of this build yesterday and so far I like it. Leveling has been a breeze and actually fun. I like that you can use your endgame skills since lvl 10 or 12, whenever you get them basically.

Any thoughts regarding auras? Atm I'm using Clarity and AA so I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit in blasphemy+vulnerability later which is why I thought about putting it on cwdt and roll with Discipline instead.

My planned tree:

"
Bawtzki wrote:
I started playing a variation of this build yesterday and so far I like it. Leveling has been a breeze and actually fun. I like that you can use your endgame skills since lvl 10 or 12, whenever you get them basically.

Any thoughts regarding auras? Atm I'm using Clarity and AA so I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit in blasphemy+vulnerability later which is why I thought about putting it on cwdt and roll with Discipline instead.

My planned tree:

I've forgotten to use some defensive combos which suggested by LazyZunde. Updating right now. Please check those out. But there is no specific aura that build requires. Actually when you use Blasphemy + Vulnerability its kinda bad because they get affected by curse only when they are too close to you and its not what this build ment to be. Try to keep em away from you so i also suggest Temp Chains + Blasphemy so when they come close to you they will get cursed and you can run away easily.

Good luck mate lemme know if you have any question.
"
Tosnl wrote:

Well you got kinda low spell damage dude. Looks like you are tanky enough tho but probably too low damage atm. Also 4 link is also problem here. Try to get 5L to boost up your dps with empower if you can.

No damage issues from my part tbh.
"
Myhanus wrote:
"
Tosnl wrote:

No damage issues from my part tbh.

oh what is your problem then? can you be more clear about it?
"
Tosnl wrote:

oh what is your problem then? can you be more clear about it?

Just sharing my version of my tree :)
I also play with Contagion and Essence Drain in the new league, Level 66 at the Moment and i am not sure if this is endgameviable. And i'm not sure if i wanna use a staff or a wand and shield later. Currently i'm saving currency for a Carcass Jack. I think it is a good Option, because of the 20% increased area of effect. But what about the weapon... maybe Apep's Rage? Does Essence Drain's DoT benefit from added damage to spells?

Planned tree looks like this:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBA-4EBwSzBx4I9A5IES8RlhNtFAkWvxbzGDwYVhzcHb4i9CY8JogmlSj6KwovnTLRM4c1kjY9Olg64TwFPV9Bh0VHRZ1JUUyzTeNSU1KvU1JVS1XGXEBd8l8qYeJirGf8aPJqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZdZ52gnxLf8aCx4Pbh8uPGo9Gj_qTJ5UulnSXlZf0muCboZ2qn9-hL6IAotmmV6cIp5usmLDYtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvOq9J76KwFTAZsgMyBTLvc8V0B_Yvd1f5oHrY-vk6-7vfO_r8B_w1fJF9W_31_no_gr-jw==
Last edited by Nebelmonster on Dec 15, 2015, 12:08:37 PM
Hi all,
I am fairly new. I am trying a build like this.

Here is my tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAF4B0QMeBZMFtQceCC4OSA-rEHsRLxGWE20UCRa_GYoZjhqNH0Ei6iP2JIsk_SaIJpUqCypbKwowfDIBNj1DNkkTSVFNklFHUuxVS1b6WyZcQF3yXkVh4mHrYlpirGSdaoxsjHBSdZ52gnfXefZ6U311fyt_-4Jeh8uJ04ngjDaNfY2_j_qS85MflS6XBpsmm42dqqEiokCi2aebqKKq-K_rsNiyGbTRtUi3MLmTu-O-OsEAwdjC7MMJwzrEosgMyBTII8u9zxXPetN-1y3YYNsa35jmWOaB51TndOjW6xTrY-v17YPw1fId9Pj1S_Vv-uv-uv_e

Here are my gems:
Chest 5/6L (BGGGG(B)): Essence Drain - LMP/Faster Projectiles - Void Manipulation - Poison - Rapid Decay - (Controlled Destruction)
Hands 4L (BBRG): Contagion - Increased Area - Stun - Blind
Head 1+3L (RBBB): Abyssal Cry - Blasphemy + Vulnerability - Increased Area
Boots 4L (RBBB): CWDT - Increased Area - Vaal Cold Snap - Vaal Summon Skeletons
Weapon: 3L (B/BR): Clarity // Spell Totem + Wither
Shield: 3L (BBR): Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Less Duration

FYI, Abyssal Cry will cascade the 1st death via explosion of chaos damage, really speeds it up even further.
Last edited by onlinegamer1 on Dec 16, 2015, 8:55:24 AM
"
Nebelmonster wrote:
I also play with Contagion and Essence Drain in the new league, Level 66 at the Moment and i am not sure if this is endgameviable. And i'm not sure if i wanna use a staff or a wand and shield later. Currently i'm saving currency for a Carcass Jack. I think it is a good Option, because of the 20% increased area of effect. But what about the weapon... maybe Apep's Rage? Does Essence Drain's DoT benefit from added damage to spells?

Planned tree looks like this:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBA-4EBwSzBx4I9A5IES8RlhNtFAkWvxbzGDwYVhzcHb4i9CY8JogmlSj6KwovnTLRM4c1kjY9Olg64TwFPV9Bh0VHRZ1JUUyzTeNSU1KvU1JVS1XGXEBd8l8qYeJirGf8aPJqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZdZ52gnxLf8aCx4Pbh8uPGo9Gj_qTJ5UulnSXlZf0muCboZ2qn9-hL6IAotmmV6cIp5usmLDYtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvOq9J76KwFTAZsgMyBTLvc8V0B_Yvd1f5oHrY-vk6-7vfO_r8B_w1fJF9W_31_no_gr-jw==

Well instead get nice shield with a lot of Spell Damage and The Consuming Dark seems Best In Slot for weapon since your chaos damage poison enemies it will further increase your dps. Its really nice spell damage and dat poison mate... I cant experiment with the build furthermore so i dont think i would be able to see endgame with this build because i ripped to lag.
It would be awesome to get feedbacks from endgame guys if you try that out so ppl would decide either going for it or not.

Or also consider Bino's. It can be nice to poison nearby enemies.

"
onlinegamer1 wrote:
Hi all,
I am fairly new. I am trying a build like this.

Here is my tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAF4B0QMeBZMFtQceCC4OSA-rEHsRLxGWE20UCRa_GYoZjhqNH0Ei6iP2JIsk_SaIJpUqCypbKwowfDIBNj1DNkkTSVFNklFHUuxVS1b6WyZcQF3yXkVh4mHrYlpirGSdaoxsjHBSdZ52gnfXefZ6U311fyt_-4Jeh8uJ04ngjDaNfY2_j_qS85MflS6XBpsmm42dqqEiokCi2aebqKKq-K_rsNiyGbTRtUi3MLmTu-O-OsEAwdjC7MMJwzrEosgMyBTII8u9zxXPetN-1y3YYNsa35jmWOaB51TndOjW6xTrY-v17YPw1fId9Pj1S_Vv-uv-uv_e

Here are my gems:
Chest 5/6L (BGGBG(B)): Essence Drain - GMP - Void Manipulation - Faster Casting - Rapid Decay - (Controlled Destruction)
Hands 4L (RBGG): Abyssal Cry - Increased Area - Poison - Void Manipulation
Head 1+3L (B/BBB): Clarity // Blasphemy - Vulnerability - Increased Area
Boots 4L (BBBB): Contagion - Wither - Faster Casting - Increased Area
Weapon: 3L (BBR): Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Less Duration
Shield: 3L (RBB): CWDT - Vaal Cold Snap - Vaal Summon Skeletons

FYI, Abyssal Cry will cascade the 1st death via explosion of chaos damage, really speeds it up even further.

DUUDE!!! Why would you lower your dps with GMP? Instead use ED on one mob and watch it spread quickly... It took like 2 secs to clear for each strongbox i open.
Last edited by Tosnl on Dec 15, 2015, 4:18:00 PM
I just tried speccing into Pierce nodes and I'm using the quest pierce jewel which puts me at 55% chance to pierce. It feels pretty good, definitely takes some clunkiness out of the ED mechanics.

edit: I'm also starting to become quite squishy, end of a4 on cruel was a bit of a pain. Ideally I'd like to solve this problem with passives instead of relying on items like LC but I don't know if MoM in this build would work. Has anyone tried it?
Last edited by Bawtzki on Dec 15, 2015, 5:15:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info