[2.2] Rowan's Cyclone CoC Discharge-Tanky, High Damage, Life Based (Even Budget)

I seem to be very stranded on power charges on single target which reduces my crit chance/procs severely. Is this normally the case in single target scenario or am I doing something wrong?
Single target is a little lack luster with this build, as it thrives on hitting tons of targets. If you drop the tier 1 chaos damage talisman(which it looks like you're playing) your damage will go up dramatically due to having more things to hit/proc on and generate charges. If you have a 6l, throwing in an additional spell is good too as that generates power charges as well.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Agreed with the previous poster, single target is lacking for this. Technically without voll devotion dps is almost 50% lower and I am still dying quite a fair bit.

Let me know how I can improve my gears or tree.

Rowan could you include some instruction on how we could get a voll devotion? It quite a key piece for this build.

Not at home now, but will edit it in when I am.

Then about how to get a Voll's devotion, that's a little hard, as it comes down to the person, either how effectively they can save money or dedicated they are to farming. You could try chancing, as I've seem a few people get it in around 100 tries, or about 750 chaos. There's also farming Voll in A4M, but that's really iffy. One friend did 134 runs, got a drop, then did another 1000 and didn't get any, while another friend did less than 70 and go two. That's really the best I can do, getting 20+ ex for the GG item isn't exactly something I can make a guide for :(
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
I think A4M is my best shot for now but I am still getting 1 hit by Voll not sure if I am doing something wrong with my gears.

Let me know if there is anything I can do about it.

Spoiler
Last edited by takashi85 on Dec 21, 2015, 1:57:17 AM
How good is this Build without Devotion ?
"
takashi85 wrote:
I think A4M is my best shot for now but I am still getting 1 hit by Voll not sure if I am doing something wrong with my gears.

Let me know if there is anything I can do about it.

Spoiler

The only suggestions I have are to get a dagger with better APS, as with 1.2 you're losing out on quite a lot of hits. The other thing is to get life on your amulet, as that's quite a bit you're losing out on
Hey man a beginner here. Great guide. Hope you post some videos soon. Questions about the passive tree: why no Elemental Equilibrium? And what's the Endurance Charge for? Thank you in advance :)
The endurance charge is for when you finally manage to get a voll's devotion, as that's another huge damage boost. No need to get it if you dont have one. As for EE, I think that's down to personal taste. I've personally never had a problem with killing mobs as the damage is so high, except for the occasional rare, in which you just curse them. My other problem with EE is the fact that if you have cold damage on your dagger, or gear slot, only the mobs you actually hit with cyclone receive the EE resistance drop, while everything else on screen GAINS lightning resistance. This is solved with a 6L and ice nova, but even then the ice nova has to hit first, otherwise the mobs gain lightning res. That's just my personal take on it however, you're free to just remove some scion life nodes to grab it.
Would it be possible to use Rigwald's Curse and Doryani's Fist for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info