Kingshaunter's 568k dps Crit Viper striker Assassin!-Reave for AOE 2.2 UBER BUILD

Making New Thread ATM of my viper strike build but CI version, atm max block 12k es , was able to hit over 1 mil viper strike dps with no dps auras and not using abyss. dual curse. will have 2.4 guide updated soon. uber and shaper viable.
"
KingSeagoe wrote:
Making New Thread ATM of my viper strike build but CI version, atm max block 12k es , was able to hit over 1 mil viper strike dps with no dps auras and not using abyss. dual curse. will have 2.4 guide updated soon. uber and shaper viable.

I was waiting for this, HYPE HYPE
I'm doing a life-based take on this build for Breach league and it's going very well. I've been looking at the guide and toying with idea of trying since around Perandus league and I am really anxious for your update, Kings!

Funny, I wanted to go ES so bad but I ended up going life because of your guide and then I just today read the end of guide and now you are doing ES ofc, now that I am level 56 life based assassin.

Viper Strike is my favorite skill too. This is the only guide I've even seen for playing it, I think it's one of the strongest skills. I think ES based chaos spell build I did in Perandus might be stronger, but there's just something really cool about knives and poison, right? I wanted to play a cool poison knife 'sin since the minute I laid eyes on the ascendancy.

My chaos spell trickster went way over to get extra curse passive and zealot's oath, my life based VS guy is going more south with health node appetite. I think if I grab this one juicy ranger proj speed node I can use faster attacks on spec throw instead of faster projectiles. You make the attacks faster, they fly a little slower. The big thing is that at about +30% total proj speed, they get to the edge of the screen, so as long as you can get that without using the proj speed gem, I think faster attacks is better.

For leveling up, I've been using Viper Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Rapid Decay + Melee Splash (no 6L yet), it's not as much range as reave but if I can't reach it, I just throw knives at it I guess?

I ran Temp chains instead of vulnerability for a long time, I am just now switching to Vulnerability. Frankly I just didn't need the DPS and slowing things that are going to swing at me down helps survivability a lot, but I am starting to feel the need for more DPS. (You DO get some DPS out of temp chain, it makes DOTS last longer!)

I've gone straight evade (phase across already) which i have never done before and it's working really well, and I plan on getting a Cospri's Will and someday using Temp Chain + Vulnerability/Enfeeble. So with full tilt evade on I run Arctic Armour + Clarity. Mana is a non issue making room for utility flasks this way and I feel that Arc Armour mandatory with full evade. I'll grab some mana res reduce nodes toward the end when I get Cospri to make room for the 2nd curse and drop clarity altogether. We'll see how the leveling goes.

Also in place of your ice golem, I use Lightning Warp + Less Duration + Faster Casting. LW is great for some areas, some times it straight up saves my life. You don't always know exactly where WB will take you, but LW will put you on that exact safe spot you wanted. I value the mobility enough to have both skills (I will NOT drop WB b/c it's much faster than LW even with LD + FC for dodging and as far as I am concerned there is no other way to apply fortify XD).

Breaches are GREAT for this build because you end up surrounded by all these mobs and the poison splash is hilarious. I set up a CWDT+Contagion with increased AOE + poison for awhile and that was hilarious in breaches too. If my health starts to drop I teleport or WB out and my poisons hurts everyone while I recoup and throw knives. Temp Chains has been great for keeping strong melee mobs from closing in on me after I dash away wounded. Once a few guys have died with contagion it will often spread and just wipe everyone out, even though I have very little investment in compatible passive nodes. It's probably not the most effective, but it's really enjoyable!

Thanks for the inspiration :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info