1. Overview
2. Credits
3. Passive Skill Tree
4. Bandits
5. Gear
6. Gem setup
7. Stats
8. Playstyle

Nerf came, but the build is not dead. Still claring fast, still a high ES and the same Consuming Dark related mechanics. After Ascendancy patch, things remain the same, even a bit better.

Many thanks to Mathil. All this build is just his build with a little tweak to make it 2.1-2.2 viable. Also many thanks to the users giving feedback here, they're boosting this build a lot with all the comments.

Level 94 Scion skill tree

Also able for Witch and Ranger with no need of changes. Due to the new tree, I took only 4 chaos damage points. If you want to play this build with full fire damage instead of damage conversion, just remove those nodes and pick any other instead.

About Ascendancy classes: my choice was Ranger's Deadeye + Witch's Occultist. Another good option could be the Marauder's Berserker.

Normal: Kill'em all
Cruel: Kill'em all/Help ALira
Merciless: Kill'em all

- The Consuming Dark, mandatory.
- Both rings and amulet from Elreon, with the max reduced mana cost of skills. Mandatory too.
- A 6L Shav, unless you feel more beatiful with a fashion Lorica.
- A good helmet, gloves and shield, with high ES and resistances. If you can get a Spell mod on shield, even better.

- 6L: Incinerate + LMP + Void Manipulation + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus

- 3L: Haste + Discipline + Enlighten

- 4L: Blood Magic + Clarity + Enlighten + Anger

- 4L: Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy + Increased Area of Effect + Enlighten

- 3L: Whirling Blades + Fortify + Faster Attacks

- 1L (ring): Summon Flame Golem

Still enough space to setup a Vaal Discipline, a Portal and a Summon Fire Golem gem.
If your rings and amulet has the max mana reduction and you put two jewels with "-5 mana cost of skills" you can remove Clarity and Empower your life sat aura.

About the Enlighten gems, at least one to level 4, and the others to level 3. I think you can also run with only level 3 gems, but you'll need to get IAoE out.

Incinerate:

60k DPS tooltip
70k DPS with Atziri flask

The Incinerate extra stages are now only 50% for each one, but still pretty kickass. Didn't test yet with Fire Penentration instead any other support gem. DPS will drop but effective damage may be even better.

Defensive stats:

Energy Shield: 11k ES

Easy. Just light your fire, baby. Your Chaos fire. The Warlord's Mark curse will give you the leech, with the Atziri flask boost for both damage and leech.

- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Mar 10, 2016, 8:17:58 AM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 3:00:53 AM
I have been considering a consuming dark+infernal mantle dual totem chaos incerate build. Have you tried running he numbers on stacking poison damage versus your build with split fire/chaos? With wither it looks like you might be able to more than double the prepatch DPS (at least on paper).
Thanks for the feedback, DrWafer. Just tried this build, any suggestion will be nice.
Better change Fire Pen with Empower or Life Leech. U deal 80% or more dmg as chaos .. fire pen is not that usefull.
"
skaye123 wrote:
Better change Fire Pen with Empower or Life Leech. U deal 80% or more dmg as chaos .. fire pen is not that usefull.

Will check it, thx skaye.
I am doing something similar with righteous fire instead of low life.

I woule consider changing the fire pen for something else. Either life leech, empower, or void manipulation.

The last may seem strange, but it is actually only a reduced 25% (not less) so take your total increased +% spell damage and subtract 25% from it to get another more multiplier.

I am running 100% conversion, so idk how well it would work at only 75% vs empower. For me it was more damage than a lvl 4 empower though.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Thanks for all your comments. Void Manipulation gives more damage than Empower, even at mid level gems.

OP was edited, adding some tree changes. Tooltip changed from 34k to 44k.
I must be missing something: You've spent three skill points on picking up True Strike, yet Incinerate cannot crit as it has a 0% base crit chance, so.. why?
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Can I use this build for hardcor Talisman?
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
I must be missing something: You've spent three skill points on picking up True Strike, yet Incinerate cannot crit as it has a 0% base crit chance, so.. why?

My fault, created the tree with an old offline template and forgot those three points. Will update the tree asap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info