Donald Trump

"
In 269 Zenobia, her army, and the Palmyrene General Zabdas violently conquered Egypt with help from their Egyptian ally, Timagenes, and his army. The Roman prefect of Egypt, Tenagino Probus and his forces tried to expel them from Egypt, but Zenobia's forces captured and beheaded Probus. She then proclaimed herself Queen of Egypt. After these initial forays, Zenobia became known as a "Warrior Queen". In leading her army, she displayed significant prowess: she was an able horse-rider and would walk three or four miles with her foot soldiers.

Zenobia, with her large army, made expeditions and conquered Anatolia as far as Ancyra (Ankara) and Chalcedon, followed by Syria, Roman Judea and Lebanon. In her short-lived empire, Zenobia took the vital trade routes in these areas from the Romans.

She wasn't there to liberate the people.

Here's a female ruler who really knew how to multitask:

http://www.rejectedprincesses.com/princesses/wu-zetian

Plenty of other examples, noble and villainous, right out of the pages of (often obscure) history:

http://www.rejectedprincesses.com/

=9[.]9=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It was funny, last night I had almost the entire global 3 chat filled with people posting pro-Trump comments. The few nay sayers got shouted out, lol. Pretty much the entire guild I was in supports Trump. Trump is more than just a political candidate now, he's an icon. He's super successful, says what he thinks without caring if its PC or not, and has a hot wife. An alpha male in every regard.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 31, 2016, 10:49:35 PM
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
It was funny, last night I had almost the entire global 3 chat filled with people posting pro-Trump comments. The few nay sayers got shouted out, lol. Pretty much the entire guild I was in supports Trump. Trump is more than just a political candidate now, he's an icon. He's super successful, says what he thinks without caring if its PC or not, and has a hot wife. An alpha male in every regard.

Ironically you need to have a safe space to feel that. I mean, your guild is a bubble. And global shouting their opposition hardly sounds like a place for reasonable discussion.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 1, 2016, 1:33:08 PM
"
MATTHEWS: OK. Your most controversial suggestion was don’t take nuclear weapons — I mean, you may have been hooked into this by (inaudible).

TRUMP: Don’t take what?

MATTHEWS: Nuclear weapons off the table. I have been trying to think of how we could conceivably use a nuclear weapon in the Middle East or in Europe in fighting ISIS. Where can you — and why put it on the table or leave it on the table if you can’t imagine where to use it?

TRUMP: Well, I didn’t say, “Don’t take it.” I said I would be very, very slow and hesitant to pull that trigger.

MATTHEWS: Well, why would you — why wouldn’t you just say, “I don’t want to talk about it. I don’t want to talk about nuclear weapons. Presidents don’t talk about use of nuclear weapons”?

TRUMP: The question was asked — we were talking about NATO — which, by the way, I say is obsolete and we pay a dispropor…

MATTHEWS: But you got hooked into something you shouldn’t’ve talked about.

TRUMP: I don’t think I — well, someday, maybe.

MATTHEWS: When? Maybe?

TRUMP: Of course. If somebody…

MATTHEWS: Where would we drop — where would we drop a nuclear weapon in the Middle East?

TRUMP: Let me explain. Let me explain. Somebody hits us within ISIS, you wouldn’t fight back with a nuke?

MATTHEWS: No. To drop a nuclear weapon on a community of people that are…

TRUMP: No, no, but you can’t say — first of all, you don’t want to say, “Take everything off the table…”

MATTHEWS: No, just nuclear.

TRUMP: … because you’d be a bad negotiator if you do that.

MATTHEWS: Just nuclear.

TRUMP: Look, nuclear should be off the table. But would there be a time when it could be used, possibly, possibly?

MATTHEWS: OK. The trouble is, when you said that, the whole world heard it. David Cameron in Britain heard it. The Japanese, where we bombed them in ’45, heard it. They’re hearing a guy running for president of the United States talking of maybe using nuclear weapons. Nobody wants to hear that about an American president.

TRUMP: Then why are we making them? Why do we make them? We had (inaudible).

MATTHEWS: Because of the old mutual assured destruction, which Reagan hated and tried to get rid of.

TRUMP: (inaudible) I was against Iraq. I’d be the last one to use the nuclear weapon.

MATTHEWS: So can you take it off the table now?

TRUMP: Because that’s sort of like the end of the ball game.

MATTHEWS: Can you tell the Middle East we’re not using a nuclear weapon on anybody?

TRUMP: I would never say that. I would never take any of my cards off the table.

MATTHEWS: How about Europe? We won’t use it in Europe?

TRUMP: I — I’m not going to take it off the table.

MATTHEWS: You might use it in Europe?

(LAUGHTER)

TRUMP: No, I don’t think so. But I’m not taking…

MATTHEWS: Well, just say it. “I will never use a nuclear weapon in Europe.”

TRUMP: I am not — I am not taking cards off the table.

MATTHEWS: OK.

TRUMP: I’m not going to use nuclear, but I’m not taking any cards off the table.

MATTHEWS: OK. The trouble is, the sane people hear you and the insane people are not affected by your threats. That’s the trouble. The real fanatics say, “Good. Keep it up.

TRUMP: I think — I think they’re more affected than you might think.

MATTHEWS: OK. Your call.

"Better nuke Europe"

"Riots in Detroit nuke it"

"You can just nuke all problems away"

This guy will just bring WW3. He better becomes candidate, loses all states by a 40% margin.

That Trump/Matthews discussion isn't really so much about using nuclear weapons, so much as Trump being reliant on a particularly irrational voting demographic, and knowing it. He can't allow himself to say his US wouldn't bully other nations on the threat, veiled or otherwise, of excessive force.

Which is scary enough, if you really think about it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 3, 2016, 5:19:05 PM
"
Hilbert wrote:

"Better nuke Europe"

"Riots in Detroit nuke it"

"You can just nuke all problems away"

This guy will just bring WW3. He better becomes candidate, loses all states by a 40% margin.

That's totally not what he said, but what the media is trying to spin. He will never nuke anyone. But he doesn't want to take it off the table because he needs the nukes as something to negotiate with. I see nothing wrong with this, it's perfectly understandable imo.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
That's totally not what he said, but what the media is trying to spin. He will never nuke anyone. But he doesn't want to take it off the table because he needs the nukes as something to negotiate with. I see nothing wrong with this, it's perfectly understandable imo.

While you are right media is spinning it (no, it's extremely unlikely Trump will order a nuclear launch), no sane person would use them as a bargaining chip. There has been a lot of efforts (START treaty, for example) to reduce the number of nuclear weapons for a good reason. Those weapons should never be used. Trump is cynically pandering to the "tough" people out there. He just talks like a bully. Fear is no way to govern. Who the hell uses that kind of threat this days? North Korea?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 3, 2016, 6:05:14 PM
You know what's a Hyperbole?

Trump doesn't give two shits about abortion and so on. He is a complete egomaniac.

Simple example: He tries to pretend to be Pro Life and gain points but when asked if the woman should be punished he said yes. The Pro Life movement is about punishing the doctors because they "commit they murder" those are ancient catholic ideas. Their morale not punishing the woman is such as you want to see certain terrorist being dead.

Trumps simplistic thinking doesn't understand what the background of certain ideas is.

Those nuclear questions in debates are mainly asking where in the military will you invest because the Republican voters want to be prepared for worst case war scenarios.

Trump being the idiot he is wants to polarize and takes harsher stances than the most lunatic candidates. IE >Waterboarding and now >Carpetbombing

A normal rep candidate would say something such as: "Our enemies aren't states, they are terrorist groups we need to take down their leaders in seperate operations drone attacks/covert missions ...."

Saying "Nukes aren't of the table" is just stupid. What would you gain to nuke ie Iraq/Syria aside from Nato and UN being mad at you.

Even if you mention Nukes as a card to threaten others it's just on the level of North Korea.

Who do you wanna threat? Russia? Good way to start a Cold War again and create an economical crsis in Europe.
ISIS and other terrorist groups? They only hope for actions as nuking carpet bombing to get more recruits.

The threats nowdays are on an economical level. "You shoot your own people no tanks/planes for you"
"You stopped our imports for us so do we"

The reality is that the republicans have several racists and extremists among themselves ~1/3 of the party falls into those categories.
In a national election you have independants, crossvoters and so on.

And do you think they will vote for Cruz/Trump? They gonna lose on a similar level to Jimmy Carter.
The republicans had national electable candidates with McCain, Romney but they lost the minority votes because of ancient views. That's why Jebb was more moderate and Rubiobot the big hope of the party. But they can't get any voters because in the primaries you need to be famous or polarize to have a chance.

Same thing with Democrats. O'Malley never had a chance because he didn't polarize and wasn't known.
Trump Effect, coming this fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyQ8k7D91L8
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info