Donald Trump

"
Antnee wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

* a private citizen, within the confines of their own private property and civil actions, should have the right to discriminate against anyone for any reason, no matter how stupid
Proof that you live in a fantasy land, in an atmosphere composed primarily of Randian fart gas. It's almost like we tried that before... I feel like something happened in the 60's that was really important... Fuck, what was it??

You deserve the candidate you voted for.
A large part of the problem there was government institutions, to include public schools. It's not like I disagree with Brown v Board of Education of Topeka.

But yes, I stand for a private business to deny service for any reason without government interference. Any. Even the most evil or stupid reasons.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 17, 2016, 7:53:16 PM
Antnee, I had actually written a bit here defending Scrotes because I thought you were misinterpreting him and he was being entirely reasonable in his defense of free speech. Of fucking course he chimed in and clarified that he actually did mean something monstrous and horrible that would lead to tremendous persecution of minorities, though. I guess that's what I get for giving right wingers the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and I noticed this gem I normally wouldn't see while I was replying:

"
Just an interesting tidbit, but Jennik claimed to be an ethical vegan. Ironically, Hitler was a vegan for the same reasons. That means YOU MUST BE HITLER, dom dom dom dom.

Saying nonsense like this does nothing to prove you're not living in a fantasy land. Hitler was supposedly a vegetarian for health reasons for brief periods of time (a "vegetarian from 8 am to 2 pm" kind of guy, which is to say, no more a vegetarian than a person who takes breaks from eating corpses to occasionally sleep).

Hitler sure as fuck wasn't an ethical vegan, though, as even the tiniest amount of research would have shown you. Hitler was as much an ethical vegan as he was an atheist, which is another lie some Christians, one of whom Hitler actually was, are so damn fond of repeating. Note also that Hitler being a Christian says nothing bad about Christians. All it says is that Hitler was credulous enough to believe in ridiculous fantasies that no rational mind could possibly accept.
being lobotomized seems fun '-'
Oblivious
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

* a private citizen, within the confines of their own private property and civil actions, should have the right to discriminate against anyone for any reason, no matter how stupid
Proof that you live in a fantasy land, in an atmosphere composed primarily of Randian fart gas. It's almost like we tried that before... I feel like something happened in the 60's that was really important... Fuck, what was it??

You deserve the candidate you voted for.
A large part of the problem there was government institutions, to include public schools. It's not like I disagree with Brown v Board of Education of Topeka.

But yes, I stand for a private business to deny service for any reason without government interference. Any. Even the most evil or stupid reasons.
Then *you* are evil.

You defend evil, you extol evil as a virtue, you convince yourself that evil is good, and you try to convince others that evil is good. Fuck your libertarian fantasy, this shit has actual consequences in actual real fucking life dude.

So much school in this picture!

Oh, was this a school?

Hey, they can always just find another place, right?

This was for a teaching job, right?

I don't care how great you think it sounds on paper. Fuck your evil ideology. Enjoy your evil fucking president.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Dec 17, 2016, 8:51:11 PM
"
Jennik wrote:

Saying nonsense like this does nothing to prove you're not living in a fantasy land. Hitler was supposedly a vegetarian for health reasons for brief periods of time (a "vegetarian from 8 am to 2 pm" kind of guy, which is to say, no more a vegetarian than a person who takes breaks from eating corpses to occasionally sleep).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/9859294/Hitlers-food-taster-speaks-of-Fuhrers-vegetarian-diet.html

I read a quote somewhere where he talked about being OK with eating eggs, because a chicken didn't have to die. Or something along those lines. That sounds like ethical veganism to me. That just establishes that you have a similar train of thought that Hitler did. You want to control everybody, tell everyone what they can do, and say, and tell everyone what's fake news and what isn't. Just like Hitler, you're a control freak. You libs are closer to Hitler than any other modern ideology is. Been getting a laugh out of you and your nazi ramblings.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 17, 2016, 9:31:18 PM
Antnee, all those things should be fought. Where we disagree is the belief that they should be fought by government. Poverty and lies are also forms of evil, but it's not generally considered necessary for government to intervene in those instances... although it would be the "liberal way" to advocate government fixes to those problems.

If someone could open a establishment without segregated drinking fountains across from that establishment with them, or a store which accepts customers of all colors across from the one that doesn't, or a business which hires all colors across from the one that doesn't... then there wouldn't be a problem. Racism isn't just evil, it's stupid; in the long run, it denies good customers and good employees, putting a racist business at a disadvantage over one that isn't.

The complicating factor in the racist South was the (Democratic) Ku Klux Klan, which functioned as an illegal enforcement agency to discourage such competition, destroying free trade. Because the KKK infiltrated local law enforcement, prosecution was difficult and intimidation and coercion persisted. But if anti-discrimination laws were lifted now, there'd be no problem; establishments which attempted segregation would be boycotted into oblivion, rejected in favor of establishments that aren't so fucking stupid.

I don't believe it's the function of government to legislate morality; I believe its function is to legislate freedom. All the racist South needed was businesses to be able to compete freely, and the free market would have sorted everything out.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 17, 2016, 9:39:19 PM
That's real cute Antnee. G8 b8 m8.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Antnee, all those things should be fought. Where we disagree is the belief that they should be fought by government. Poverty and lies are also forms of evil, but it's not generally considered necessary for government to intervene in those instances... although it would be the "liberal way" to advocate government fixes to those problems.

If someone could open a establishment without segregated drinking fountains across from that establishment with them, or a store which accepts customers of all colors across from the one that doesn't, or a business which hires all colors across from the one that doesn't... then there wouldn't be a problem. Racism isn't just evil, it's stupid; in the long run, it denies good customers and good employees, putting a racist business at a disadvantage over one that isn't.

The complicating factor in the racist South was the (Democratic) Ku Klux Klan, which functioned as an illegal enforcement agency to discourage such competition, destroying free trade. Because the KKK infiltrated local law enforcement, prosecution was difficult and intimidation and coercion persisted. But if anti-discrimination laws were lifted now, there'd be no problem; establishments which attempted segregation would be boycotted into oblivion, rejected in favor of establishments that aren't so fucking stupid.

I don't believe it's the function of government to legislate morality; I believe its function is to legislate freedom. All the racist South needed was businesses to be able to compete freely, and the free market would have sorted everything out.

Your arguments break apart when when certain conditions are there. If the population is racist or favor racist behaviors, if the groups that are racist are the majority and considered rich or powerful groups, it would be an advantage to be racist. It is akin to what happening in countries with racial privileges.

It would be a disadvantage to be racist if equality exist. It isn't an disadvantage if it doesn't.

Fighting injustice has a cost and it is just a matter of who is paying for it. Let's not pretend it doesn't exist.

I don't agree that government shouldn't intervene in private business. If business is doing harm to the people, government should intervene. It is just matter what is considered harm and what or when it is appropriate.

Isn't it odd how in 2016 the most racist, sexist and divisive people are left leaning individuals?
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Dec 18, 2016, 12:50:50 AM
Libs forgot their own party was the slavery party until 1960.

Those black and white pictures about segregation are a direct result of the democrate party before 1960.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Dec 18, 2016, 2:09:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info