Blade Vortex

There is this one little issue where any stun chance below 20% is entirely ignored.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
There is this one little issue where any stun chance below 20% is entirely ignored.

Well, warlords almost gives you a 20% chance by itself (+15%).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Yep, Warlord's Mark is kinda necessary to make it powerful. :> On top of the dual Leech and ECharges, it makes it extremely easy to Stun with anything. So good. So silly.
Any idea what the Radius is? (And I assume the Radius increases per stack at some rate?)

Edit: Apparently the Radius is 14, according to Mark.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jan 8, 2016, 12:16:31 AM
Good to know. So breakpoints:

+1 = 8% increased
+2 = 15% increased
+3 = 22% increased
+4 = 29% increased
+5 = 36% increased
+6 = 43% increased
+7 = 50% increased
+8 = 58% increased
+9 = 65% increased
+10 = 72% increased
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Jan 8, 2016, 3:05:06 PM
i have a pretty important question regarding blade vortex, in order to try to get the most amount of damage i need to know how the gem operates with casting damage enhancing flasks.

scenario #1:
i pop atziri flask and taste of hate and cast 30 blades. the flasks expire but they were cast with the damage enhance, thus those instances of the blades have the enhanced damage and i can freely walk into a pack of monsters for most damage output.

scenario #2:
i cast 30 blades, walk into a pack and pop my damage flasks so that they are active while im damaging monsters.

which is it?

edit: same thing with frenzy charges, really. if i cast all my blades with frenzy up, then i cast phase run to run around and kill everything, do the blades retain the more damage from the frenzy charges while i casted them?
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 9, 2016, 1:11:25 PM
As always, Damage is calculated on Hit, not on activation.
in that case you can snapshot with blade vortex then. cast with something that adds extreme cast speed (dual apep's rage or something) then swap to dual spell crit daggers for their damage?

you could also swap gems out - from spell echo and faster casting to something like conc effect and controlled destruction.

that seems kind of...broken?

yes thats a lot of micromanaging but its pretty easy to do vs bosses and stuff. good to know. will take full advantage.
This skill is great. I'm currently running a SC Talisman crit build and it's the most fun I've had with a character in a while. There is one major problem though. Carcass Jack is great for my build, but Extra Gore crushes my FPS down to basically zero. This isn't a problem when you're 1-shotting everything. But when you get to higher maps and whirl into a magic mob, the FPS crushing behavior really shines. I literally attack mobs, my screen completely freezes, and I keep casting with my fingers crossed hoping that I'll come out of it alive. It really sucks.

I know that the recent patch tried to address this by reducing procs, but it's not even close to good enough. IMO, Extra Gore on BV hits needs to be disabled completely. It looks cool, but just doesn't end well.
Last edited by Cherd on Jan 12, 2016, 10:46:31 AM
"
Cherd wrote:
This skill is great. I'm currently running a SC Talisman crit build and it's the most fun I've had with a character in a while. There is one major problem though. Carcass Jack is great for my build, but Extra Gore crushes my FPS down to basically zero. This isn't a problem when you're 1-shotting everything. But when you get to higher maps and whirl into a magic mob, the FPS crushing behavior really shines. I literally attack mobs, my screen completely freezes, and I keep casting with my fingers crossed hoping that I'll come out of it alive. It really sucks.

I know that the recent patch tried to address this by reducing procs, but it's not even close to good enough. IMO, Extra Gore on BV hits needs to be disabled completely. It looks cool, but just doesn't end well.

it doesnt need to be disabled, what they need is an option to disable included unique effects. this would also solve the overlapping effects like when you where blood dance and devoto's devotion, the helmet (merc footprints) takes priority over the blood prints, which i personally don't like either

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info