Blade Vortex

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jan 10, 2016, 7:44:59 PM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2022, 7:57:57 AM
I assume this is blade Vortex.

There is a snapshot bug that allow you to get a bunch of blades with increased aoe. Then switch to conc effect and keep the aoe !
There's something that I find incredibly annoying/dangerous about Blade Vortex so far... Imagine this scenario...

I build up 10 stacks of Blade Vortex
I stop casting to move... even for a split second...
I start casting again...
My Blade Vortex stacks will sit at the current amount until I cast enough to bypass the previous amount of stacks I had before...

Basically what I'm getting at, is that if I don't kill everything in the first 5 seconds, I have to run far away and rebuild all of my stacks to go attack for another 5 seconds. I'm not sure if this was intended or not, and maybe it's not a problem later on in the game when I have ridiculously fast cast speed, but mid-game it's absolutely awful.

Maybe this isn't a skill to use if you don't roll Scion, since the +% increased duration seems really really important.

Just a couple thoughts, thanks!
"
Nfin wrote:
There's something that I find incredibly annoying/dangerous about Blade Vortex so far... Imagine this scenario...

I build up 10 stacks of Blade Vortex
I stop casting to move... even for a split second...
I start casting again...
My Blade Vortex stacks will sit at the current amount until I cast enough to bypass the previous amount of stacks I had before...

Basically what I'm getting at, is that if I don't kill everything in the first 5 seconds, I have to run far away and rebuild all of my stacks to go attack for another 5 seconds. I'm not sure if this was intended or not, and maybe it's not a problem later on in the game when I have ridiculously fast cast speed, but mid-game it's absolutely awful.

Maybe this isn't a skill to use if you don't roll Scion, since the +% increased duration seems really really important.

Just a couple thoughts, thanks!

Not quite sure what your saying,you do not have to max your stacks all the time.I'll have to check when I get back home but don't the stacks have there own duration so you just top up as opposed to contagions global timer.The idea of the skill is to build up otherwise it may as well not have stacks if you feel you can only attacks when your stacks are maxed,again maybe I misunderstand you.

Personally I find the skill fun,it changes the usual way of fighting.It actually feels a little OP to me but depends how aoe effects it so I cannot give full feedback(like does IAOE create bigger spaces).It feels most OP when a boss is doing a introductory animation like Merveil maybe not so much op but an exploit.
Last edited by Kavlor on Dec 12, 2015, 3:05:58 AM
I'm planning to try it with dual Cybil's when I can get my hands on them, then we'll see if its OP. :D
IGN : Jovial
I think the leech is bugged ? Or it is mediocre. I have 1234% leech and vaal pact but well... mediocre.
I like this skill a lot. I'm only 56 so far, but blade vortex has a nice clear speed even with only a few stacks. I'm currently running BV + faster casting + spell echo + poison. When I get a 5L I'll add crit damage most likely. Poison support gem has great synergy with this spell because you get a lot of small fast hits on each target, so you can build up poison stacks quickly. At my level I can sustain about 25 stacks (burns through a lot of mana though), most of the time I only have about 8-10 stacks when clearing trash - if you want to be mobile then you live with fewer stacks. Gaining more cast speed will help get more stacks in the same amount of time - I suspect in another 20 character levels I'll be running around with at least 16 stacks using the same movement pattern.

Crit also is good for this skill with a 6% base crit chance, that also helps with the poison.

I consider the increased skill duration nodes to be essential, I didn't find Potency of Will to be too far out of my way as a shadow start. Not sure if I can also reach the Exceptional Performance cluster too.

I have coupled this skill with Bladefall for when I need to hit something from range, there is a nice synergy there.
"
Kelderek wrote:
I like this skill a lot. I'm only 56 so far, but blade vortex has a nice clear speed even with only a few stacks. I'm currently running BV + faster casting + spell echo + poison. When I get a 5L I'll add crit damage most likely. Poison support gem has great synergy with this spell because you get a lot of small fast hits on each target, so you can build up poison stacks quickly. At my level I can sustain about 25 stacks (burns through a lot of mana though), most of the time I only have about 8-10 stacks when clearing trash - if you want to be mobile then you live with fewer stacks. Gaining more cast speed will help get more stacks in the same amount of time - I suspect in another 20 character levels I'll be running around with at least 16 stacks using the same movement pattern.

Crit also is good for this skill with a 6% base crit chance, that also helps with the poison.

I consider the increased skill duration nodes to be essential, I didn't find Potency of Will to be too far out of my way as a shadow start. Not sure if I can also reach the Exceptional Performance cluster too.

I have coupled this skill with Bladefall for when I need to hit something from range, there is a nice synergy there.

My experience up to level 45 is almost the same as yours, the difference is i was running BV with added fire, iron will and spell echo while using hatred + clarity (i can sustain 100% mana costs)

I'm Usually running with 10 stacks on average from pack to pack and shredding bosses pretty fast (if i can facetank them)

I didn't found duration nodes that much of a use, since haveing more than 10 blades is pretty rare while clearing trash and against bosses the 20-22 stacks that i could gather in 5 seconds were more than enough.

As for leveling, imo spark, arc and firestorm are better, the latter specially becuase it's also a damn strong single target skill

As opposite as you, i'm using BV for single target and bladefall for all the rest :) i'll try BV later when i'll have a 5L and more cast speed, for the moment i find bladefall better in almost any way (exception: singe target)
Something is very wrong with the leech on Blade Vortex. Using Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy and I get no noticeable leech at all even though I'm breezing through mobs. With other abilities the leech is very noticeable.
Leech is a percentage of Damage Dealt. Leech values are rounded down, as per usual. You can deal 48 Damage up to a hundred times per second all you like, but 2% of 48 will still be rounded down to zero. :P
So, what is your Damage per Hit?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 13, 2015, 5:57:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info