Siege Ballista

One of those gems was mine lol

Looks like this got nerfed yet again because now you can't even double dip with ballista along with no longer having 100% pierce 24/7.

I don't think I'm even going to try making this skill gem work unless it got majorly buffed as warchief is ridiculously better in almost every way at this point.
Last edited by S0T0 on Aug 1, 2017, 1:40:36 AM
siege ballista needs a defining feature nowadays if it's to be used as an auxiliary 'ranged attack totem' so to speak.

as main skill it's mostly limited to iron commander and expensive harbinger bows in non-ic builds.

and as auxilary totem it gets overshadowed by decoy totem (taunt and aggro) and even wither totem (slow, chaos debuff if you're using poison)

something like a speed/attack/blind/whatever enemy debuff or chance to debuff would be welcome. maybe small chance to create tar ground effect or something
My feedback after Harbringer league: gem is dead and not used at all, Siege Ballista needs 800% ( yes, eight hundred % ) more dmg buff to be comparable to Ancestral Warchief.
LV1 data is 140%damage 50%less AS, so it deal 70% dps compared to defaut attack
the last one skill weaker than defaut attack I have seen is barrage(oldest version)

another problem is that it have a charge time before shot and it can't turn on charging. So its flexibility is very terrible.

in a word, this skill need a buff.

just like Lacerate, the debuff "less 50% attack speed" could be removed, it's just a cumbersome.
if really want it to keep the clumsy and powerful canon style, please buff the damage to over 250%.

the lag time on charging is also a problem, it would better change to could turn on charging.

Playing Siege Ballista as it was designed (summoning multiple totems in quick succession) is incredibly painful to the ears.

When you use Multiple Totem Support and summon a couple of totems (in my case 7), whenever they start shooting simultaneously the sound effect stacks on top of each causing an incredibly annoying and borderline deafening sound. Its especially noticeable when you stand directly next to the Ballistas while they shoot at a single target for example a boss.

I was really excited to play Siege Ballista with Flame Wall in 3.12, but the sound alone makes me not wanna roll this build.

GGG, could you please look into it and soften the SFX for Siege Ballista?

I uploaded a very short example - the robotic noise literally gives me a headache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQJAgyOrGE0&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by czulki on Sep 9, 2020, 7:11:05 PM
Bump
Please change the sound for Siege Ballista. It's way too discordant and artificial-sounding to listen to for extended periods of time. It's currently very similar to:

* when you're in an underground tunnel with horrible acoustics and a loud, harsh sound constantly reverberates off the walls and ceiling

* the sound during a remote desktop sharing session when the person sharing gets stuck in an infinite loop of nested desktops with crazy, echoing sounds.

If there's a way for a user to modify the sound, please share (but I'm guessing that's against ToS). I also agree with somebody else who mentioned it sounds very robotic but in a very grating way. It's the only sound in the game that I can't deal with.

Thanks for reviewing my request and I love GGG and PoE.
I confirm that the sound is a big problem for Siege Ballista (3.21)
I have 14 ballista shooting 6 projectiles in less than a second.

These projectiles do not stack well sound-wise.
Obviously, we don't need to hear the dozens of projectiles per second.
Just find a way to simplify the amount of projectile sound channels.

Other than that the Skill is very fun and allows a easy, safe way to do any content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info