Blast Rain

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Mar 22, 2024, 3:27:34 PM
Found the skill very fun to level with because the AoE is generous and is also a great single target skill if used on stationary targets or face-tanking.

Few concerns:
1. Slower Projectiles affected the 'travel time' but Faster Projectiles barely affected it, if at all.
2. Does this mean that the skill has a minimum travel time that can't be reduced like Rain of Arrows can?
3. Might be just a thing with ground targeted skills in general but targeting walls or chasm will make you fire a regular arrow instead. This is kind of annoying when most other skills will just do it anyway.
Great skill to level with, as it scales well with level progression. After reaching Act2-3 Merciless, hit a wall in terms of gear + gem damage scaling. Level 70 now and having trouble with damage and finding upgrades in order to have the same amount of fun I had leveling.
I'm struggling to see why I would ever use this skill over LA or Split on a standard physical ranger tree. It performs poorly on moving targets and 40% base damage is laughable.
i find this skill pretty good so far.it might not clear as fast as LA,sa,tornado but it have some good advantage too.

first its 50% phy dmg converted to fire.that mean reflect wont be has dangerous then pure physical.also its not 1 big hit,its like 3-4 lesser hit so reflect will do next to nothing.the area is not bad at all also without any investisement.the multi hit make life of hit or mana on hit pretty effective.with the mana leech+2 mana on hit from essance sap,my mana stay full all the time.the skill is pretty damn strong for single target also.tornado shot is also good for single target but its 100% physical so reflect is dangerous with tornado and SA,LA is junk vs single target.since it hit multiple time and when you crit,they all crit,i guess it will be pretty good with the surgeron flask. that flask mod got nerfed but with this skill,it will still fill up really really fast.

overall it might not clear faster then SA and LA but its still a really good skill with many good side

Last edited by zakariusqc on Dec 13, 2015, 2:53:02 PM
I theorycrafted build around blast rain before league came out. I have to admit i was a bit worried about dmg output because of 40%base dmg. I usually play my own builds so i decided to give it a try because skill looks cool. I expected to be fail or maybe not bad. I was wrong. Blast rain is so fun and also very good skill. I can say so far not op but really good. I'm still low lvl - 58 but i think my build will be viable and good. Pure 100% fire from physical non crit build with blackgleam quivs. Not so sure about all supports but so far in 4l im using blast rain > faster attacks > physical projectile damage > weapon elemental damage. I think two remaining supports will be added fire and fire penetration. The other thing why i like this skill and build is because GGG finally enabled ele leech, really gj on that ! Overall i can just say that this skill is well balanced and fun. I hope that this will remain in harder content with some gear progression as i simply love elemental archer non crit build as i'm not huge fan of crit&bilion dps show off builds. Gotta test it out in end game content but so far all i can say again is good job !
"
Voidmind wrote:
I'm struggling to see why I would ever use this skill over LA or Split on a standard physical ranger tree. It performs poorly on moving targets and 40% base damage is laughable.

You have to understand that the 40% base damage is per projectile, not per attack. And it fires 4 projectiles.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Blast Rain is by far my favourite addition to Bow skills so far.
We finally got a decent AoE skill to level with, and it's a 50% conversion aswell, so we can scale it even further than with typical pure-phys Skills.

However, the Scaling seems to drop when you get to Tier5+ Maps, maybe increase the Scaling pr. level with .10%?
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey wrote:
Blast Rain is by far my favourite addition to Bow skills so far.
We finally got a decent AoE skill to level with, and it's a 50% conversion aswell, so we can scale it even further than with typical pure-phys Skills.

However, the Scaling seems to drop when you get to Tier5+ Maps, maybe increase the Scaling pr. level with .10%?

DECENT?

No, you're wrong. It's actualy an OVERPOWERED skill! It is an AoE skill with decent coverage that deals 160% of base damage at 1 level (190% at 20). Normal AoE skills deal 90-110% of base damage at level 1, and bow already had lost of those skill. And since it applies damage in 4 instances, it's incredibly strong with Life Gain on Hit.

Mechanically, Blast Rain is the almost the same to Rain of Arrows, but with much higher damage.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
except those that actually used the skill and looked at the figures would see that it does no physical.

So that is 4 shots at 40% = 160% damage
but then you only get half of that as fire .... 80%

its not over powered on paper, quite the opposite - EVEN if all 4 shots overlap andf hit one target its still 20% less than no skill at all single target.

Its aoe isn't huge either and im using an 11% gem

Last edited by MrTortoise3 on Jan 8, 2016, 2:58:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info